New Build - Suggestions?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I'm wondering if they have been noticing issues with the 3200Mhz RAM and the Ryzen systems. There has been some note of mention on the forum of POST issues that seemed RAM/BIOS/MB centric.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I don't think I've seen anyone with the B450-Plus having issues to be honest. Seemed to be X570 stock Asus boards.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If you've not had an issue it's extremely unlikely to manifest without some sort of degradation so you're safe ;)

Silenced

Bronze Level Poster
Will the MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO 11GB fit okay inside the Meshify S2?

I'm concerned with the fact i could receive a blower card. Since PCS support have informed me it's whatever is in stock at time of the build. So should i spend the extra £126 for the trio? Been informed it's "slightly" faster. I've Corsair 750W RMx and can edit my build currently.

[PCS] ASUS ROG STRIX is £1,241
[PCS] Nvidia "whatever in stock" £1,123
MSI 2080 Ti Trio £1,249

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would just go with the strix if it's a concern. The STRIX is an excellent card, and like the MSI very slightly faster.

Silenced

Bronze Level Poster
I would just go with the strix if it's a concern. The STRIX is an excellent card, and like the MSI very slightly faster.

Thanks for your reply, current pricing shows it's about £140 more for the STRIX over the "11GB NVIDIA" random version. My budget is £3,000 now (did overtime).

Do you know if you can return if you get a part you are unhappy with? I.e if i got the NVIDIA and receive a blower type card can it be returned within the 14 calendar days? I know that'd be stupid and easier to ring and get a note placed on my order (which they offered) but they won't hold the PC (I asked if they'd just hold the order until a non-blower card arrives in stock even if it means waiting +1 week longer or w.e then build it - not an option)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for your reply, current pricing shows it's about £140 more for the STRIX over the "11GB NVIDIA" random version. My budget is £3,000 now (did overtime).

Do you know if you can return if you get a part you are unhappy with? I.e if i got the NVIDIA and receive a blower type card can it be returned within the 14 calendar days? I know that'd be stupid and easier to ring and get a note placed on my order (which they offered) but they won't hold the PC (I asked if they'd just hold the order until a non-blower card arrives in stock even if it means waiting +1 week longer or w.e then build it - not an option)
If you want a specific card, you’ll either need the strix or supply your own.

Silenced

Bronze Level Poster
Ordered. Will share pics when arrives :)

Now, onto monitors. What does everyone recommend? Saw the guide. I'd say £450-£500 for single gaming monitor.

Ideally i want at least one gaming monitor and 2 side monitors left/right of the gaming monitor that match it as close as possible so fits in?

Last edited:

andjac

Bronze Level Poster
Are you set on the 3 screens or would you consider an ultrawide with maybe another screen above/close by?
If not, is there a resolution you'd prefer for your primary monitor?

Usually theres no point going high Hz on secondary monitors, it's just not utilised.
So you can get the same brand with lower refresh for 2&3 and the multiple monitors still look good together

Silenced

Bronze Level Poster
Are you set on the 3 screens or would you consider an ultrawide with maybe another screen above/close by?
If not, is there a resolution you'd prefer for your primary monitor?

Did consider an ultrawide, but think it'd prefer standard (for now).

Res: 2560 x 1440 @ 144hz+. 4K gaming seems "meh" unless you got good cash 1440p sounds the sweet spot for me personally, leaving the 4K to the TV haha.

Usually theres no point going high Hz on secondary monitors, it's just not utilised.

Agree!

So you can get the same brand with lower refresh for 2&3 and the multiple monitors still look good together

I just want the other 2 monitors (to the left/right of the gaming monitor) to match as much as possible. Like bezels so it looks clean-ish.

I looked at the LG 27GL850 (£499) but trying to make other monitors match is a pain. Especially when they use the fancy gamer looking stands.

ASUS TUF VG27AQ (£507), LG 27GL83A (£440) and AOC (never heard of AOC) AG241QG (£387) wereothers one i was looking at.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
With the 2080Ti I would strongly recommend Ultrawide to be honest. It's easily powerful enough to smash the requirements for a high refresh ultrawide.

I think it may be worthwhile seeing if any electronics places are open to have a look. They're really something to see for the peripheral vision. It feels like you are using 2 monitors.

Silenced

Bronze Level Poster
With the 2080Ti I would strongly recommend Ultrawide to be honest. It's easily powerful enough to smash the requirements for a high refresh ultrawide.

I think it may be worthwhile seeing if any electronics places are open to have a look. They're really something to see for the peripheral vision. It feels like you are using 2 monitors.

Any ultrawides you suggest or recommend taking a look at? The computer store near me can normally get any monitor i request in-stock to look at and demo on their in-store PCs. Although may be limited rn due to social distancing (not sure).

Ultrawide's look cool in other set-ups i've seen online MarzBar, RandomFrankP, TechSource and that but i get the vibe it's weird to arrange windows on it around the game window or grouping stuff, like you say i'd be better off trying to see one in person.

I'm currently using 2x 1080p but i'm running out of space for everything that's why a 3rd is being planned. My current PC has 384MB GeFource 9600 GSO :LOL:

How does gaming feel on an ultra wide? Is it possible to only use half the ultra wide for the game? As i'll keep Twitch chat + Restream chat, OBS and other software open while gaming (hence i thought i'd be best with separate monitors over an UW)

Last edited:

Silenced

Bronze Level Poster
With the savings on the new 30 series of cards it looks like waiting paid off!

Now, do i also wait for new CPUs from AMD? Anyone know if it's soon or?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
With the savings on the new 30 series of cards it looks like waiting paid off!

Now, do i also wait for new CPUs from AMD? Anyone know if it's soon or?
AMD are expected to be a bit later, October or November..... but there have been almost zero leaks so it really is all guesswork with regards to Big Navi.

My expectation of why NVidia have kept prices so low is that they know that AMD has something special up their sleeves. It's very unlike NVidia to reduce costs like this.

Silenced

Bronze Level Poster
AMD are expected to be a bit later, October or November..... but there have been almost zero leaks so it really is all guesswork with regards to Big Navi.

My expectation of why NVidia have kept prices so low is that they know that AMD has something special up their sleeves. It's very unlike NVidia to reduce costs like this.

For sure! I was shocked by the price just as much as Linus and other tech channels. I feel they'll take a loss now and make up for it no the TI series or something. Very surprised NVIDIA did these prices.

I probably won't go for Big Navi GPU, as I've always preferred NVIDIA personally for graphics, i was more thinking Ryzen 4000 processors. Do i wait? "late 2020" could be December haha.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
For sure! I was shocked by the price just as much as Linus and other tech channels. I feel they'll take a loss now and make up for it no the TI series or something. Very surprised NVIDIA did these prices.

I probably won't go for Big Navi GPU, as I've always preferred NVIDIA personally for graphics, i was more thinking Ryzen 4000 processors. Do i wait? "late 2020" could be December haha.
I must say, I'm a big NVidia fan since around 2013, all my AMD cards before then had issues. I've never had a problem with an NVidia card except for the odd bogus driver release which is almost always corrected within a week or 2.

BUT AMD really are a different company under Lisa Su, it's going to be really interesting to see what they've managed.

Silenced

Bronze Level Poster
I must say, I'm a big NVidia fan since around 2013, all my AMD cards before then had issues. I've never had a problem with an NVidia card except for the odd bogus driver release which is almost always corrected within a week or 2.

BUT AMD really are a different company under Lisa Su, it's going to be really interesting to see what they've managed.

I'll likely stick with NVIDA regardless of what AMD pull out w/ Big Navi. Got put off AMD with driver issues in the past and i dunno if i want the risk on launch lol.

Now, the 3080 is available tomorrow at 2PM/14Hrs. Do i purchase a build with this card and the Ryzen 9 3950/Ryzen 9 3950X or do I wait for new Ryzen like i waited for the new cards?

My budget is still £2,500-£2,500 (no peripherals).

I really like the FE of the 3080* so hopefully PCS sell that one and not Palit and Zotac :(.

* I think 3090 is not worth it for my usage or do you think it is?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
If you’re really keen on the Founder’s Edition I’d try sourcing it yourself. I think you’re 90% likely to get Palit or Zotac from PCS.

New Ryzen are due for unveiling in October is it? Doesn’t seem that long to wait... but I haven’t got all that money burning a hole in my pocket 😆