New Courier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Nice one Travel. Yeh it sucks when things go wrong, but companies can def make up for it with polite customer service, and if nothing else, just admitting they made a mistake/got behind :)

Enjoy!

skakruk

Had a replacement screen delivered on monday. Texted me the time slot - 9:52-10:52. Got the package at 10.20. The only downside I can think of is that I got the text at 9.24, which means if I was not in I would have just 28 minutes to make sure that someones is there to accept the parcel.

Great service.

Sleinous

Author Level
We are pleased to announce that we have now oficially changed couriers to DPD.

After considering all other couriers on the market we chose DPD for their excellent track record of delivering parcels on time, and also because DPD are currently the only company that provides a 1 hour estimated delivery time window. All orders shipped from Monday 28th November will now be shipped with DPD. Any order dispatched prior to this has been shipped with Yodel or DHL.

dpd1.jpg

dpd2.jpg

CityLink also does it but yes this is a fantastic decision on your part. I absolutely love DPD!

njmarkham

Bronze Level Poster
I started a thread a while ago about how bad yodel where and PCS subsequently started a poll for a new courier, glad to see DPD (or anyone else) now in there....

Just watch Watchdog tonight, I rest my case tonight about Yodel.....

ianpan

but will they deliver the new cooler master cosmos ll?
after ringing up to place a £2600 order i was told that i would have to pick the build up as they won't ship the case as it's to heavy!!!
i'm sorry, but i'm not driving 450 miles for 8 hours to pick up a case i just paid £320 for.
i will need to speak to dpd tomorrow to ask the question.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i dont think its DPD that won't do it, i think its the size of the packaging they use, it obviously isn't big enough for a Cosmos II, it quite clearly says maximum measurements if you choose your own case

Corfate

Author Level
As wozza said, the size of that case won't fit into the box provided by PCS. They obviously don't want to send it out badly packaged, as it'll most likely end up with you broken.

Not really sure what to suggest!: (

tom_gr7

Life Serving
wozza n corfate are right and also its going to weigh alot,

personally I'd pick it up, then you know its safe and it wont get dropped or damaged.

ianpan

i just don't understand why they are going to sell a case that there not prepared to ship. west yorkshire is a long way from alot of people to go and collect.
it's a shame about the build, as pcs do some good quality componants that i cant find on other sites, and i didn't really want to compramise on certain parts by going somewhere else, when pcs do it all, and the case!!!
now it looks like i'll have to start again, picking and choosing, playing companys off against each other trying to get what i want in my build at a good price.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
i just don't understand why they are going to sell a case that there not prepared to ship. west yorkshire is a long way from alot of people to go and collect.
it's a shame about the build, as pcs do some good quality componants that i cant find on other sites, and i didn't really want to compramise on certain parts by going somewhere else, when pcs do it all, and the case!!!
now it looks like i'll have to start again, picking and choosing, playing companys off against each other trying to get what i want in my build at a good price.
I think I did not quite understand what happened. The cosmos 2 case is too big for delivery but it is offered by PCS? or you were planning to send your own case but they were not prepare to deliver it due to the size of the PC? I can only suggest choosing a new case but after looking at the Cosmos 2 I wish I have chosen that case as well.

ianpan

pcs are going to offer the case as of next month, but only on a collection basis only, i found out this morning.
i've had 4 months to look into building another system whilst i waited for the hard drive prices to drop, and really thought i had come to the end of road!!

Samanosuke

Bronze Level Poster

Just an idea, could you not arrange for DHL or some other company to go and collect it from PCS? you will be paying for the delivery yourself but at least you wouldnt have to start from scratch.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Just an idea, could you not arrange for DHL or some other company to go and collect it from PCS? you will be paying for the delivery yourself but at least you wouldnt have to start from scratch.

I would not recommend arranging delivery with a 3rd party courier company since if there is damage in transit rather than having PCS getting it sort it you have do deal with the courier company directly and it could take some time before any compensation takes place.

ianpan

i look into the costs, i still have a couple of weeks yet until pcs release the case for sale anyway.

Samanosuke

Bronze Level Poster
Ruben you have a point!
Ian you could have a chat with PCS see if htey are willing to buy the case off of you and you get your system built with a different case.

ianpan

I would not recommend arranging delivery with a 3rd party courier company since if there is damage in transit rather than having PCS getting it sort it you have do deal with the courier company directly and it could take some time before any compensation takes place.

i know its a risk, but i'm hoping something will get sorted by the time it goes on general release. i might just ring them 5-6 times every day lol

Status
Not open for further replies.