New PC (The BEAST) First impressions + pics

FusRoDah

Gold Level Poster
Ordering/ The Forums/ Customer Service:

What can I say... The community here are a credit to you as a company and themselves - all showing a love for the products you have provided them with. Customer services are fantastic - on the two occasions I spoke to someone they were very helpful and honest with me ( I asked about upgrading my delivery time to 5 day fast track after the 5th day in pre-production and was told that I'd be wasting the money if I took the option (not exact words but you get my drift). 7 days from ordering to arrival - wonderful.

The Spec:

CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ AIR 540 GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPU Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-4770k Quad Core (3.50GHz @ max 4.40GHz)
Motherboard ASUS® MAXIMUS VI HERO: PCI-e 3.0, SATA 3.0, USB3.0
Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (2 x 8GB KIT)
Graphics Card 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 Ti - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready (Its a JETSTREAM!)
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 120GB INTEL® 530 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 2TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 64MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 8x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
Power Supply CORSAIR 750W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling Corsair H100i Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

I was pleasantly surprised when looking in the case this morning to find a Jetstream version of Palit's 780ti - Thank you so much PCS.

Delivery:

Promptly delivered at 10:29 this morning, perfect condition (well done DPD).

The obligatory issue:

I knew there would be one, nobody is perfect! The HDD provided wasn't sat in the hot bay correctly but after I had cut the cable tidy holding the Hot bay solidly in place, taking it out and pushing it back in again - it was fine.

The computer is running like a dream :D Almost silent, so incredibly quiet compared to my last pc that I was worried for a little while - upon checking the fans, all 5 are whirling away nicely. The cables are tidy inside, all I need to do now is install a new copy of Windows 7 (which arrived this morning too - i realized an OEM version of windows can only be used once.... silly me)).

Windows index marks 7.9 for all but the processor which is 7.8 - I'll give out some game frame rate specs when I'm done installing the OS.

A few pictures for you all - please excuse my camera, not the best in the world. Once everything is done I'll do a comprehensive Picture collection for the Pics only area- including the inside.

20140115_122752.jpg20140115_122801.jpg20140115_150919_3.jpg20140115_150940.jpg

Thank you PCS you've made me a happy man.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hey, People like you make me Jealous with your awesome new rigs. Awesome rig though. Enjoy.

Plus i see you Play Borderlands 2 The best game in the world. Good Man

bigben

Master Poster
Nice!
Can't see clearly but I'm guessing that keyboard isn't mechanical? First upgrade?!

FusRoDah

Gold Level Poster
Hey, People like you make me Jealous with your awesome new rigs. Awesome rig though. Enjoy.

Plus i see you Play Borderlands 2 The best game in the world. Good Man

[video=youtube;9zVOdu2ogVI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zVOdu2ogVI[/video]

Just for you fella, 1st try of Shadowplay, was at 1440p everything on Ultra/Max downscaled to 1080p.

No noticeable detriment to performance at all - once the library of games are installed and I find my licence key for Vegas Pro I'll do some more videos for PCS/and game streams.

@Bigben, The keyboard is a Cyborg v7 - I'm waiting till the summer for the Corsair RGB Cherry, cannae wait and yes, my first mechanical keyboard then :D.

Additional points to add to First impressions:

After a clean install of Win 7, the Disc provided with the Maximus Hero MB had everything I could ever wish for on it - extra software wonderful. The adhesive metal badge for the case was a nice touch.

I ran Unigine Valley benchmark earlier on Extreme preset 1080p: Results, 3254 - That beats an overclocked Titan with a 3770k. Next time I'll record a screeny of it.

FarCry 3 at 1440p all max settings runs smooth as a baby's backside, Haven't got an fps overlay yet, so can't give accurate framerate currently.

Temperatures whilst playing FC3 at 1440p and recording via shadowplay + the benchmarking software brought CPU up to 44 Celsius, and the GFX card topped out at 58 celsius - The fans didn't even need a good workout.

I'll write up a more in depth look at all aspects within the week for PCS if they want to use it.

FusRoDah

Gold Level Poster
pc health 1.pngpc health 2.png

Quick check in, everything runs lovely still - Average running temperatures outside of game listed above.

Under stress, CPU reaches 45, GFX card 60 Celsius.

I'm streaming many days now, www.twitch.tv/lightningcarrot if anyone is interested.

I can't stress enough the quality of build, fantastic.