New PCS laptop Recoil 17.3” crashing at startup

LeSpicey

Nothing changing really.
Just like each time, as soon as I install the graphics drivers, it’s either a black screen completely, and/or a windows crash pretty soon after.

solidus1983

Bronze Level Poster
It sure seems it. Just hope mine when it arrives is issue free and this is just an unfortunate freak issue.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 17413

It sure seems it. Just hope mine when it arrives is issue free and this is just an unfortunate freak issue.

You have to remember PCS make thousands of laptops and desktops every single week, theres always gonna be a few that draw the short straw and a component fails or it gets damaged in transit, most are just fine.

Look at it this way, Lespicey got the dodgy one this week, so you're probably safe :giggle:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You have to remember PCS make thousands of laptops and desktops every single week, theres always gonna be a few that draw the short straw and a component fails or it gets damaged in transit, most are just fine.

Look at it this way, Lespicey got the dodgy one this week, so you're probably safe :giggle:
Rule of averages, if it’s gonna break, it will be mine 😂

LeSpicey

Fingers crossed for your laptop, Wilrog!
Since the crashes tend to show the DCP_Watchdog_Violation code, I’m still trying to see what driver might be conflicting with the GPU.
Who knows, maybe it’s actually just a software issue?
Please, make it a software issue 🙏

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hum, no, i was asking to you.
BUT, i may have not understand your previous message correctly ;)
(i understood that you order something and by the mighty rules of statistic, your order may "gonna break")

if i was wrong, my apologies
I was just being funny, law of averages is random. I was saying if I were to order, I would get the broken one breaking the rule of averages as I’m cursed ;)

solidus1983

Bronze Level Poster
OP how's the hunting going? Sorry in delay in replying been on a roof swinging about (repairing roof).

Edit: talking of the beaten track it would seem the threading has walked the plank.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You get used to it after a while.....................
Well I've been here for 8 years, how long does it take...? [emoji1787]
No idea................. :ROFLMAO:
How very dare they!

Ref!

71RJC0MYRcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

solidus1983

Bronze Level Poster
Dam this thread is derails quite a bit, i bet the OP is thinking we are giving suggestions only to be met with humor. Hopefully lighting Op's day a bit.

LeSpicey

Dam this thread is derails quite a bit, i bet the OP is thinking we are giving suggestions only to be met with humor. Hopefully lighting Op's day a bit.
Hahaha no worries, I have already accepted the fate of the laptop to return to PCS.
I couldn’t find anything on how to fix the issue, or at least nothing that wouldn’t require me to spend a lot of time
digging in logs and memory dumps to find the issue, but I don’t have that time, sadly.

The thread did give me a good smile though :LOL:

Good luck with your machine, WilRog!