Newby Advice Please

iancha

Hi all

Okay, so I´ve bought my PCS gamer, without an OS as I already have a Windows 7 CD, and without a monitor and keyboard etc for the same reason.

Now I have the monitor, OS, Keyboard etc to hook up too.

Might be a stupid question, BUT, what´s the best sequence to do that?
Monitor etc before OS? Keyboard etc after OS?

The answer´s probably staring me in the face, but I want to make sure before messing it all up.

Many thanks.

Any helpful suggestions would be very much appreciated

Jimbhoy

Bronze Level Poster
Yep,

agree with vanthus although to be honest, it doesn't really matter as long as the OS recognizes the peripherals.

If you're not completely sure what you're doing, give the happy little PCS elves a call and someone will talk you through it.

They're nice that way.

Unless they've not had any breakfast, in that case they can be a bit grumpy.

Last edited:

LFFPicard

Godlike
This may sound silly or too obvious but to repeat the above.

Attach the keyboard/mouse and monitor first or you wont be able to see what your doing when you try and install windows... :whistling:

iancha

Many thanks guys.

So I´ll be able to install monitor drivers etc from a disc without the OS, which was what I should have asked.

Thanks again.

Fear

Prolific Poster
You will probably find you don't need the drivers for the monitor just plug your mouse keyboard and monitor in and power on.

iancha

Thanks Fear

That would be a blessing.
All previous PC´s I´ve had were bought ready made and complete from the usual outlets, so this is a pleasant adventure .... I just don´t want to mess it up!!
Considering that until recently I though that NVIDEA was a nasty social disease, messing up is always a possibility.

The Elves may well get a call if I get stuck.
Thanks again for putting my mind at rest.