no beeps,blank screen

artas3d

Hmm,what about the front Led on the case that doesnt turn on now(did light up for the first 3 start ups) its a blue one that should stay on at all times if pc is on, the flashing orange lights up normally. this would mean that wiring camel oose but I cant see anything that is loose.

Sleinous

Author Level
Thats just the HDD activity light and the power light cables, not a good sign if theyre still correctly plugged in and no longer on though! Could this be a complete motherboard failure? We shall see when it returns to base.

artas3d

Cheers guys, ill leave it at that and let you handle it when it gets to you. Thanks for any advice that was posted.

artas3d

If this is a gpu failure..could you possibly change those 2 for a single HD 5870.

my original build without the monitor and having all the default builds/delivery and stuff comes down to £925.00 inc VAT

with a single HD 5870 and the same PSU (i would get a 800w psu later when getting a 2nd 5870 for xfire from PCS when i get more money) it comes down to £914.00 inc VAT.. so I would not mind the change at all to be honest and I would not mind losing the 10 quid. even, i would be greatful if you would do this just to recompensate the uber long wait for the pc cuz of the failure... =] and you would get 10quid ^^