not happy with the YODEL delivery service

rawneat

I was supposed to receive my PC yesterday and still havent got it yet,
Called them yesterday evening and a lady answered -- "Oh sorry sir but there was a problem with scanning the parcel which will be done and sent out first thing tomorrow morning"
Called them today and acted as if i didnt call yesteday, i asked what was the problem yesteday, the dude answered -- "oh it seems like there was no one at your place to receive yesterday " what the hell :mad:, total lie
then i told what the lady had told me yesterday and they cut off the line, what kind of customer service is that ???????? i am afraid i wont get it even today

Iceash

Bronze Level Poster
not good m8, i am waiting for mine to be delivered today, i know it has got to my nearest depot so it's just waiting for the delivery. The wait is awful so i can't even guess what you are going through, i hope it comes today for you.

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
Don't forget to sign as 'unchecked' as per T&C's should there be internal damage.

I'm hoping for tomorrow too and I have thurs off work :-D

NMEBowen

Master Poster
lies are the worse thing when dealing with support i always tend to hand up on indians when they ring not because im racist but bebause the first thing they do is lie "my name is alan" no it is not. i hope your pc gets to you and its fine and the whole delivery experiance can be forgotton about, got my fingers crossed for you bud.

Xoil

With something else ive had from Yodel if there is no sign of you being in they wont try. I didnt have a car on the driveway and i watched the bloke pull up and nearly go until i opened my window and he saw!

rawneat

Got a call from home, its been delivered but in a broken box,
hope that the goods are still in good condition

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Hopefully whoever was at home ticked "unchecked" if the box was broken (really the driver should prompt this if the box was damaged).

Its always a shame when Yodel let someone down, but stay positive and enjoy your new 'puter :)

micgre

Bronze Level Poster
I am and I am not looking forward for when my PC is delivered, Just hope I get a good driver in my area. Never had much luck with any courier service around here.

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
We don't have yodel vans over here, and im told Royal Mail deliver the out of town packages for them - god i can only pray....

Kai121

Bronze Level Poster
Im just happy I know the local driver who delivers to us as we use allot of services who contract to them, always delivers here before 1pm and knows if he doesnt get an answer at the door to go round back and knock o the conservatory so the dogs go mental and if someone is in theyll get the door then.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Hopefully whoever was at home ticked "unchecked" if the box was broken (really the driver should prompt this if the box was damaged).

Its always a shame when Yodel let someone down, but stay positive and enjoy your new 'puter :)

No, its always a shame when anyone lets you down.

People need to stop focusing ont he fact its Yodel, because the vast majority of the tiem they are absolutley fine. As has been said many times in the past, no matter what delivery company, there are always problems.

Granted customer service could be better at certain delivery companies, but I guarantee there would be as many unsatisfied customers no matter what delivery company is used.

Iceash

Bronze Level Poster
Personally frenchy i have never had delivery problems with any company before not receiving my pc yesterday, waited in all day just to have the pc returned to depo due to delay on courier route and today it's not even left the depo at 10:30am. The problem seems to stem more from Yodel using 3rd party couriers to deliver their parcels in certain area's. unlike say UPS/PARCELFORCE who's drivers are part of the company.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Personally frenchy i have never had delivery problems with any company before not receiving my pc yesterday, waited in all day just to have the pc returned to depo due to delay on courier route and today it's not even left the depo at 10:30am. The problem seems to stem more from Yodel using 3rd party couriers to deliver their parcels in certain area's. unlike say UPS/PARCELFORCE who's drivers are part of the company.

I honestly don't think it does. You may not have had problems with other companies, but others have. You haven't had any problems with yodel either until now. My point is that things like this happen with any company, but as soon as it does happen everyone jumps in and says how bad they are. This, along with the lack of positive feedback creates false negatives about a company. I'm not saying they're perfect, I'm saying that there isn't a single company out there who is.

If it was returned to depot for a valid reason then unfortunately thats just something that has to be accepted, delays can be aused by any number of things, a lot of which are out of control of the couriers. I'm also wondering the relevance of saying it hasn't left the depot yet at 10:30am? If they say they will deliver today then atleast give them till the end of their delivery period before commenting on todays delivery, deliveries don't have to leave in the morning to arrive that day.

Iceash

Bronze Level Poster
While i agree with you frenchy that they have all day to deliver it left the depo yesterday at 8:57 and they were unable to deliver due to them being too busy, so it's still not left at this time with a back log from yesterday. real confidence builder.

while i will agree that other company's have problems as well i have never had an issue with UPS/PARCELFORCE/DPD/TNT/ROYAL MAIL to name those of the top off my head i have had dealings with, couple that with Yodel's inability to know where their driver's are i.e they can't contact them, wrong information at head office " yes sir your delivery can be delivered upto 9pm" when this is inacurate when the 3rd party courier only works upto 5pm. returned to depo at 16:45 again dosen't leave you with confidence when the head office haven't a clue what's going on

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
While i agree with you frenchy that they have all day to deliver it left the depo yesterday at 8:57 and they were unable to deliver due to them being too busy, so it's still not left at this time with a back log from yesterday. real confidence builder.

while i will agree that other company's have problems as well i have never had an issue with UPS/PARCELFORCE/DPD/TNT/ROYAL MAIL to name those of the top off my head i have had dealings with, couple that with Yodel's inability to know where their driver's are i.e they can't contact them, wrong information at head office " yes sir your delivery can be delivered upto 9pm" when this is inacurate when the 3rd party courier only works upto 5pm. returned to depo at 16:45 again dosen't leave you with confidence when the head office haven't a clue what's going on

I understand where your coming from, but until yesterday you had never had a problem with Yodel either. I have had several Yodel deliveries some using 3rd party couriers and have never had a single problem. The only time you ever heard about it is as soon as someone has a problem.

From your post before it didnt sound like they were too busy, it sounded like there were some unforeseen circumstances, possible extra traffic, a crash, possibly even something like the drivers wife had an accident and he needs to get home quickly, while annoying, these things happen and they happen to every company.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I wasn't Yodel bashing French you gun-jumper you :) Of course any company has the in-built ability to let you down, but in this context, and on the topic at hand, it is, as I said "a shame when Yodel lets someone down"...I never said noone else does :)

Iceash

Bronze Level Poster
yes sorry about the original post as i didn't know about them being too busy to deliver, only after speaking to Rick in PCS did he inform me after he had spoken to yodel. ( he got further than me). this excuse is in my eye's is appalling as i used to be a white van man delivering fruit and veg and at busy periods used to leave with the van i'm sure overloaded, if i made a mistake on route i.e missed a box i would go back to the person i missed, at the busiest times i would start work 6am and i know 1 year we got to the last bistro just as he was finishing cleaning up after his last service so it was around about 10pm.

I have to agree as well about ppl jumping on the band wagon to complain about things just have to look at the russel brand/ jonathon ross scandel as it only got the most complaints after it had been reported in the daily mail. This dosn't take away from the horrible experience ppl have with them, in the last 3 days there have been several posts on this forum alone about failed delivery's/ dmg'd goods this then has other review sites with similar complaints even watchdog got involved with the then hdml.

again i agree that other delivery company's get a bad rep follow http://www.reviewcentre.com/Postal-and-Delivery-Services/Yodel-www-yodel-co-uk-review_1432035 from there you can see other bad reviews for parcel force etc yodel has one of the lowest scores overall with alot for hdml as well.