not happy with the YODEL delivery service

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
yes sorry about the original post as i didn't know about them being too busy to deliver, only after speaking to Rick in PCS did he inform me after he had spoken to yodel. ( he got further than me). this excuse is in my eye's is appalling as i used to be a white van man delivering fruit and veg and at busy periods used to leave with the van i'm sure overloaded, if i made a mistake on route i.e missed a box i would go back to the person i missed, at the busiest times i would start work 6am and i know 1 year we got to the last bistro just as he was finishing cleaning up after his last service so it was around about 10pm.

I have to agree as well about ppl jumping on the band wagon to complain about things just have to look at the russel brand/ jonathon ross scandel as it only got the most complaints after it had been reported in the daily mail. This dosn't take away from the horrible experience ppl have with them, in the last 3 days there have been several posts on this forum alone about failed delivery's/ dmg'd goods this then has other review sites with similar complaints even watchdog got involved with the then hdml.

again i agree that other delivery company's get a bad rep follow http://www.reviewcentre.com/Postal-and-Delivery-Services/Yodel-www-yodel-co-uk-review_1432035 from there you can see other bad reviews for parcel force etc yodel has one of the lowest scores overall with alot for hdml as well.

I agree that there have been several posts in a short period of time, but do you know how many PC's PCS has built and shipped for delivery on those 3 days?

If they have shipped 5 computers and all 5 people have come on here saying Yodel broke their computers then yeah id be worried. If however PCS have made 500 computers and 5 people have complained then yes of course id still like to find out whats going on but I deffinately wouldn't be as worried. I imagine over the christmas period they are probably shipping more than that every 3 days too.

rawneat

Well, guys at the end of the day we are not saying if a company is bad or good ,
we are just sharing our experience we had so that PCS knows what is going on and can take initiatives for future,
Frenchy, you are right not a single company is perfect, and I am not that bothered about my parcel coming late , but the thing is they lied to me when I asked about the parcel
they could have easily told me that due to certain or whatever circumstances it could not be delivered. That would have been the end of conversation and I would just wait.
I took 1 day of my annual holiday and stayed home , therefore when they said "there was no one at your place to receive" it made me look stupid and made me think I just wasted a day just like that,
hope you guys understand my point ,
anyway thank you guys for your opinions and xps :)

rawneat

Sorry guys I forgot to say Hi to all in the middle of all these discussions,
I am a newbie in the block and the PC i ordered is my first from PCS,
17- 2600 quadcore 3.4, 8 Gig Ram, Gtx 570 , wireless card, 1 TB HDD and a Free 30 day trial win 7(which i didnt expect and thank PCS for as I lost my OS cd),
SO far I have enjoyed working in my pc and also the responses from the forum guys,
hope this continues for long,

regards,

rawneat

paul1224

My 2 cents worth.
Had Yodel deliver my PC a while back and it was broken in transit.
Had goods deliverd via Yodel quite a few times for a range of things and in general have found them awful.
They have no customer service, they bare face lie, and they really don't care.
I assume they are cheap, because they sure aren't good!

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
My 2 cents worth.
Had Yodel deliver my PC a while back and it was broken in transit.
Had goods deliverd via Yodel quite a few times for a range of things and in general have found them awful.
They have no customer service, they bare face lie, and they really don't care.
I assume they are cheap, because they sure aren't good!

See theres two sides to every story, while I agree that some people unfortunately have recieved bad service, I would say I have had lots of Yodel deliveries, I also know lots of other people that have had Yodel deliveries, the drivers have always been very friendly and extremely careful when carrying my parcels. When I wanted to find out where my PC was I rang them up and they told me that it had left the depot and that it would be with me later that day, sure enoguh it arrived.

So in my experience, customer service was great, delivery was great. Unfortunately as we say time and time again only the bad ever gets shown because people who get good service dont usually write about it.

paul1224

Mistakes happen yes but it is the way that Yodel deal with the mistakes that is absolutely rubbish.
When they get it right it goes well, great.
But the test of a company is when they get it wrong and what do they do to alleviate the issue, in my own personal experience Yodel do nothing but lie and I have even had drivers lie that they have tried to deliver the parcel late at night and I wasn't in when in actual fact they have admitted that the driver just keyed it in because he knew he couldn't get to me in time before he ended and he didn't want the company that had paid for the delivery to claim compensation against them!
Each to their own, every company has bad days but Yodel when things go wrong they go really really wrong.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Mistakes happen yes but it is the way that Yodel deal with the mistakes that is absolutely rubbish.
When they get it right it goes well, great.
But the test of a company is when they get it wrong and what do they do to alleviate the issue, in my own personal experience Yodel do nothing but lie and I have even had drivers lie that they have tried to deliver the parcel late at night and I wasn't in when in actual fact they have admitted that the driver just keyed it in because he knew he couldn't get to me in time before he ended and he didn't want the company that had paid for the delivery to claim compensation against them!
Each to their own, every company has bad days but Yodel when things go wrong they go really really wrong.

But in my experience when I have had problems with Yodel they have sorted them very promptly. Cant really base your opinion of a company on a few disgruntled customers, if we did that about PCS then noone would buy from PCS either, yet even though ive seen some disgruntled custoemrs, some of which swear blind that this is the worst company ever, I still maintain that PCS are a great company that have some of the best customer service ive come across.

Ali709

well ive had so far:
Departed Depot 24-nov-2011 20:01:00 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE
Parcel Picked Up 24-nov-2011 15:55:00 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE
Parcel data received awaiting coll. 24-nov-2011 00:00:00 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE

don't realy know whats going on :S
anyone able to shed any light on what yodel is doing?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
well ive had so far:
Departed Depot 24-nov-2011 20:01:00 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE
Parcel Picked Up 24-nov-2011 15:55:00 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE
Parcel data received awaiting coll. 24-nov-2011 00:00:00 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE

don't realy know whats going on :S
anyone able to shed any light on what yodel is doing?

well I would assume as it says, that your parcel is awaiting collection at the leeds service centre as of midnight last night.

Why is everyone so impatient. If they didnt have live tracking online people wouldnt even worry.

EDIT: the midnight might just be recorded because the device used to track only uses dates and not times. But honestly, dont even worry about it. The delivery tracking started yesterday so not like theyre late.

Ali709

well I would assume as it says, that your parcel is awaiting collection at the leeds service Centre as of midnight last night.

Why is everyone so impatient. If they didn't have live tracking online people wouldn't even worry.

im not impatient (ok maybe i am a bit :p) I just read it as leaving the Leeds Centre and not turning up at my local depo, and was a bit worried.
but if u say this is normal then i guess ill just have to wait :)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
im not impatient (ok maybe i am a bit :p) I just read it as leaving the Leeds Centre and not turning up at my local depo, and was a bit worried.
but if u say this is normal then i guess ill just have to wait :)

I don't know if it is normal or not, however I do know that its not due to be delieverd just yet. Online tracking is great to give you a rough indication, but people want it to tell them exactly where their parcel is and when. Surely if there was no tracking online you wouldnt be ringing every couple of hours and asking them where its gotten to?

yonchu

This is worrying. I've paid an extra £19 to get my PC this weekend and it's now past noon and there is still nothing.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
This is worrying. I've paid an extra £19 to get my PC this weekend and it's now past noon and there is still nothing.

did you get a text this morning stating it would be here today?

what's the tracking information say?

yonchu

Didn't get any text but it says it's out with the courier. Maybe the courier's running a little late. I hope.

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Didn't get any text but it says it's out with the courier. Maybe the courier's running a little late. I hope.

should be fine dude, stay close to the door an keep eye out for vans lol, unless ya got a deck chair to sit in ya garden?