Nova 3700X - Benchmarking & Manual OC\UV

FerrariVie

Super Star
Looks very interesting but it does mention you need to configure certain things in the BIOS which aren’t readily available on the stock bios. Think you need an unlocked version, which in turn would obviously void the PCS warranty
Just updating you guys on CTR. It is now available here:

And while he does indeed suggest some parameters to be changed on the mobo, there's also some tweets going around with people that were able to use the tool with everything on auto and still get good results. So I understand that all in "auto" is more or less what we have currently on the nova and might be possible to use CTR with it. I cannot test it yet as the tool currently has a bug with the 3100 CPU, but I'm curious to see if someone else could get it working on the Nova.

But even if the tool does not fully work, we still can have an idea about which are the best and worst cores and try to tune each core individually on Ryzen Master.

NoNastyNick

Bronze Level Poster
Just updating you guys on CTR. It is now available here:

And while he does indeed suggest some parameters to be changed on the mobo, there's also some tweets going around with people that were able to use the tool with everything on auto and still get good results. So I understand that all in "auto" is more or less what we have currently on the nova and might be possible to use CTR with it. I cannot test it yet as the tool currently has a bug with the 3100 CPU, but I'm curious to see if someone else could get it working on the Nova.

But even if the tool does not fully work, we still can have an idea about which are the best and worst cores and try to tune each core individually on Ryzen Master.

Managed to get a pretty decent and undervolt - All cores @ 4.2Ghz with 1.25V netted me:

81PPT Max usage - 83c Cinebench R20 scores (5024)

Decided to go against using it and just letting Ryzen handle the voltages. What people forget is that using set clocks affects the single-core boost clock which is required more for gaming. I've had to stop myself from playing around and just letting things go as they should

FerrariVie

Super Star
Managed to get a pretty decent and undervolt - All cores @ 4.2Ghz with 1.25V netted me:

81PPT Max usage - 83c Cinebench R20 scores (5024)

Decided to go against using it and just letting Ryzen handle the voltages. What people forget is that using set clocks affects the single-core boost clock which is required more for gaming. I've had to stop myself from playing around and just letting things go as they should
But single-core apps won't always use the highest core or best quality one available? That was my logical thought, but I might be wrong on my assumption.

Have you tried cinebench single-core with all cores at same clock versus one core higher than others (but same as previous test) to see if it makes any difference?

FerrariVie

Super Star
Ryzen will automatically assign the healthiest cores to single core apps.
Great :)

And that is the whole idea of CTR, then. Because if @SuicidalChick3n (using you as an example) could run @ 4.3 Ghz and a few cores and 4.1 on others with the same 1.25V, then that would mean more performance for single-core and at least the same (if not higher) on multi.

Last edited: