Nova Year - New Build

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Could you run Firestrike? Just the regular version. I know it's old and TimeSpy is the normal go-to, I just have my frame of reference from Firestrike :D

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
You got it!!! It's a nice chassis, I rather like that! What's the weight like? And can you take a photo of the power pack?

What are temperatures like when idle and under load? That's the first thing you want to check.

And how do you find the screen?

Sorry for all the questions, you're the first person to get one and post some feedback :)

I'm really impressed with that Heaven result, that's a very impressive result.

I'll grab those details as soon as I can for you Spyder.

Meanwhile here's Fire Strike.

1587299241247.png

I installed Bullguard yesterday and apparently it conflics with gaming, when I was running Fire Strike, the gaming mode booster was resctricting something which caused Fire to not want to run fully, it would freeze the laptop and make it restart.

benammiswift

Reading this forum has made me incredibly happy. I've just ordered a Nova but with the Ryzen 9 3900, 32Gb RAM and the same 2070. I can't wait, this is gonna be beast for working in Blender. My old Optimus is a nice laptop but the bakes are horrible with the assets I'm making, like 15 mins to bake 1 texture is painful. I wait for my machine eagerly and thanks for the awesome preview and benchmarks

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
You got it!!! It's a nice chassis, I rather like that! What's the weight like? And can you take a photo of the power pack?

What are temperatures like when idle and under load? That's the first thing you want to check.

And how do you find the screen?

Sorry for all the questions, you're the first person to get one and post some feedback :)

I'm really impressed with that Heaven result, that's a very impressive result.

The computer itself weights about 3.5 to 4 KG's, kinda heavy but feels sturdy to the hand and it screams quality.

On idle I'm getting 52º and under load it's reaching 75º / 80º

The screen is very crisp and you can totally feel the 144 Hz, coming from 60 Hz for years, feels like I just became better at CS GO definetly!

Battery lasts about 50 minutes to 1h while web browsing and it weights about 1.7 to 2KG's

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
The heating does its job pretty accuratly, the keyboard doesn't get hot areas either and when gaming it can be a bit loud but already expected. Although not loud enough to hear it while using the microphone and with headphones you don't even notice it.

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
D

Deleted member 41971

sounds good, mines still in testing but pcs has kept me updated so really looking forward to it, i ordered mine with the 3700x and nivida 2070 :)

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
sounds good, mines still in testing but pcs has kept me updated so really looking forward to it, i ordered mine with the 3700x and nivida 2070 :)

That's a fair bet, specially if you want to upgrade to a 2080 which I'm sure will be available in the future.

Warbelian

Bronze Level Poster
Hopefully yours doesn't come with edge scratches on the trackpad from the installation, my ones were pretty visible, that and not having drivers available from the website were my only down sides.

D

Deleted member 41971

Hopefully yours doesn't come with edge scratches on the trackpad from the installation, my ones were pretty visible, that and not having drivers available from the website were my only down sides.

can I ask how games play on it, i.e. do you get decent fps etc

benammiswift

Yeah I saw after I bought mine that there was no drivers up, have they fixed this now or?

j.conquer

Hi man,

Thanks for this review. I've been thinking about ordering almost the exact same spec. How are you finding it after having played on it for a few days? How are the thermals and display holding up?

One question I had about the chassis/components - is the processor upgradeable given that its a desktop variant? Obviously an RTX2070 at the price point is almost unbelievable for a GPU but I have slight reservations about a 3600 when there are newer intel and AMD processors on laptops with similar specs (albeit a 2060 instead of 2070).

Cheers!