NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
Got an estimated build date of the 24th (ROG Strix 3080) but with a ton of if/buts and maybes due to supply and covid etc.
So likely October delivery earliest anyway, but thats ok with me.
Yeh the whole ROG Strix thing is weird. None on sale at all. Rumours they'll go up today

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
Don't know if anyone has seen the film 'the Island' but this is exactly what that feels like waiting for your number to be picked. Lol

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster

MatMus

Anyone had any luck? Mine's still in pre-production

My build was “awaiting despatch” a few days before the new cards were released. I had it delayed until I could change and got through on the phone to have the GPU changed at about 2:15 on the 17th. The order changed to confirmed later that afternoon.
No change on the status of my build as it still says “awaiting dispatch”. Was told on the phone when I placed the 3080 order, that if I get allocated one of the first batch of cards it would likely ship Tuesday/Wednesday this week.

Lewis321

Hi all

The announcement has been made.

The details are as follows:

3090 - Replacement for Titan with 24Gb VRAM @ $1500 (down from current version which is $2500) Current price on configurator £1610.

- STARTING @ $699 Current price on configurator £792. No one saw it coming in that cheap! The estimation is that there may be 2 versions, one with 10Gb VRAM and one with more, some saying up to 20Gb, but that doesn't make much sense to me for a gaming card - been corrected by @Scott who says it may be aimed at 8k resolutions which I hadn’t considered possible)

3070 - Claimed as more powerful than the 2080ti????? My guess is that is related to Ray Tracing performance and not raw gaming power. Await 3rd party reviews on that! @ $500 Current price on configurator £567

How these translate to £ remains to be seen but expect a straight $-£ conversion

Obviously major major improvements in Ray Tracing and DLSS (now up to 8k)

New technologies for Streamers - NVidia Broadcast, pretty significant background audio silencing, plus really effective background overlays and effects. Looks pretty good actually considering it will be free:

New Gamers technology related to refresh rate - NVidia Reflex, a technology that should boost esports play by reducing graphics latency:

New SSD/HDD throughput improvements - RTX IO, supposed to improve on data access on drives, an answer to Sony's upcoming SSD access times improvements:

A few YouTubers thoughts:

JayzTwoCents, worth a look:

And one from GamersNexus (always more balanced)

And of course, Linus's take on it:

Hardware Unboxed thoughts:

Do you reckon this website will have 3070’s in stock around the release date?

D

Deleted member 41971

hope nvidia have learnt their lesson this time ;)(y)

and this is an interesting read