NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

target680

Bronze Level Poster
I just saw on another thread a guy posted his order number. I dont want to post mine but can say im a few hundred past his and i ordered 30 mins after him!!! Shows the scale of the hold up and back log of systems.

Also not sure if the order numbers are world wide, local regions or countries??

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I just saw on another thread a guy posted his order number. I dont want to post mine but can say im a few hundred past his and i ordered 30 mins after him!!! Shows the scale of the hold up and back log of systems.

Please don’t make any assumptions, this is nothing that the forum can answer, you’d need to speak directly to PCS.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

Order numbers shouldn't be posted here. The forum rules tell you not to post anything that is personal or confidential. I recognise the desire to find one's place in the queue but its always wise to publicise as little personal information as possible. We don't even use real names on here for example, and when PCS ask for your order number they always ask for it in a PM, never on the public forum. :)

I’m taking this email as a sign that I should back out of this situation slowly. Not necessarily cancel, though that’s probable, but definitely stop visiting this forum, and pcs in general, and get used to this being a long term issue. This checking and hoping is bad for my mental health and has turned something fun and exciting into a total bummer. See you on the other side - or in the queue for a PS5!

Haywire23z

As expected, support came back to say there was no stock of my card and it'll take several weeks before it's likely to reach my position in the pre-order queue.

The in-stock label on the website and advice from the representative was misleading and has wasted my time and money. Cancelled with PCS and kept my launch day preoder with Scan. Very frustrating.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
As expected, support came back to say there was no stock of my card and it'll take several weeks before it's likely to reach my position in the pre-order queue.

The in-stock label on the website and advice from the representative was misleading and has wasted my time and money. Cancelled with PCS and kept my launch day preoder with Scan. Very frustrating.
I've said elsewhere that PCS operate a JIT stock system. Any build you order today won't be in build for at least another 7 days, so if PCS expect a delivery in the next seven days it's perfectly reasonable to show the cards as in-stock now - because they will be in stock by the time a PC ordered now gets into build.

I don't know how many times people have to say that this is an supplier problem not a PCS problem. I have no doubt that PCS are operating on deliveries they've been promised but if they don't materialise for whatever reason there isn't very much PCS can do about it.

I wish you luck elsewhere, though I fear that all builders are in the same position regarding stock levels.

Gavras

Master Poster
I've said elsewhere that PCS operate a JIT stock system. Any build you order today won't be in build for at least another 7 days, so if PCS expect a delivery in the next seven days it's perfectly reasonable to show the cards as in-stock now - because they will be in stock by the time a PC ordered now gets into build.

I don't know how many times people have to say that this is an supplier problem not a PCS problem. I have no doubt that PCS are operating on deliveries they've been promised but if they don't materialise for whatever reason there isn't very much PCS can do about it.

I wish you luck elsewhere, though I fear that all builders are in the same position regarding stock levels.

Yep it’s amazing how little people under stand global supply chains and the various entities involved, each with a lead time.

Everyone assumes that pre Christmas Santa let’s his Elves work at various places such as PCS and magic up cards.

The bonus with using Elves is that there is no lead time.

the chances are most stock is having to air freighted rather than Sea (or train).

Supply versus demand is always a hard call for manufacturers with a Brand New Product.

New Product releases always uncover faults and issues not seen during testing.

it appears the new 3080’s are not without teething problems.

Haywire23z

I did not order a build. I ordered a single component. As a customer I expect my order to be handled with the same transparency as someone who has ordered an entire system. This practice is unacceptable for someone ordering a product that only needs to be picked and shipped. Furthermore, it seems it will be at least a month before they have sufficient stock to complete my order, far more than 7 days. If they were able to accurately display the 3080, and 3090 strix as being out of stock or limited stock, why on Earth wouldn't they do the same for the 3090?

This is not a supplier problem. This is a PCS problem. I appreciate that there is a global shortage, but it was the decision of PCS to display on the upgrade order that the product was "in stock and ready to ship" AND confirm over the phone that they had sufficient supply and that I could expect my order during the week. I was given a very clear impression that it was just a case of getting it off the shelf and sending it out. I would never have handed over £1.5k if it wasn't for this misleading information.

With respect, I don't know how you can defend them when they are so clearly at fault. We're not talking about a custom build order here.

Edit: I have a launch day pre-order of the 3080 with Scan. I am well aware of the issues surrounding this launch. I don't know how much more clear I have to be...

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I did not order a build. I ordered a single component. As a customer I expect my order to be handled with the same transparency as someone who has ordered an entire system. This practice is unacceptable for someone ordering a product that only needs to be picked and shipped. Furthermore, it seems it will be at least a month before they have sufficient stock to complete my order, far more than 7 days. If they were able to accurately display the 3080, and 3090 strix as being out of stock or limited stock, why on Earth wouldn't they do the same for the 3090?

This is not a supplier problem. This is a PCS problem. I appreciate that there is a global shortage, but it was the decision of PCS to display on the upgrade order that the product was "in stock and ready to ship" AND confirm over the phone that they had sufficient supply and that I could expect my order during the week. I was given a very clear impression that it was just a case of getting it off the shelf and sending it out. I would never have handed over £1.5k if it wasn't for this misleading information.

With respect, I don't know how you can defend them when they are so clearly at fault. We're not talking about a custom build order here.

Edit: I have a launch day pre-order of the 3080 with Scan. I am well aware of the issues surrounding this launch. I don't know how much more clear I have to be...
Since you have a pre launch day order (which you don't actually have in your hands) I have no idea why you insist on banging on about PCS? Go with the order you think you have.

You're quite wrong that it's a PCS problem because they don't make the cards. They are at the mercy of their suppliers - the same as everyone else. And they are at the mercy of the manufacturers.

I'm defending PCS because they're doing their best in difficult circumstances. Do you know what JIT actually is? They're advertising stock because their suppliers have promised them stock. If their suppliers let them down what do you expect them to do?

I get it that your disappointed and that you want to blame someone, PCS are just a convenient target for you. Learn to see the bigger picture.

target680

Bronze Level Poster

Dude seemed like you tired to skip the que and are getting wound up because it hasnt worked.

You clearly know about the issues with supply, why would you think it was any different with PCs or any other company.

I assume i think righlty, that every company PCS or anyone is getting promised delivery of materials or a certain quantity that they havent recieved.

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
I ordered my new pc on Thursday which included the 3080 , the email said the delivery lead time is
7-9 days from order...
Can't wait to be gaming in a week or so. Don't know what you lot are moaning about....

Definitely not being sarcastic at all
Trollolololololololololololol 🤣

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
I ordered my new pc on Thursday which included the 3080 , the email said the delivery lead time is
7-9 days from order...
Can't wait to be gaming in a week or so. Don't know what you lot are moaning about....

Definitely not being sarcastic at all
Trollolololololololololololol 🤣
Can you imagine there is a glitch qnd you actually receive the rig next week ?! 🤯

Haywire23z

Since you have a pre launch day order (which you don't actually have in your hands) I have no idea why you insist on banging on about PCS? Go with the order you think you have.

You're quite wrong that it's a PCS problem because they don't make the cards. They are at the mercy of their suppliers - the same as everyone else. And they are at the mercy of the manufacturers.

I'm defending PCS because they're doing their best in difficult circumstances. Do you know what JIT actually is? They're advertising stock because their suppliers have promised them stock. If their suppliers let them down what do you expect them to do?

I get it that your disappointed and that you want to blame someone, PCS are just a convenient target for you. Learn to see the bigger picture.
I must not be making myself clear.

I am fully aware of what the JIT system is, why companies use it, and how it's not their fault if the supplier lets them down.

This is usually used by companies that build things, like computers or cars. However, my order was not for a custom PC, it was for a component. Nothing was being built. For this reason, I am holding PCS to the same standards as I hold any other company that sells PC components (Scan, Amazon, Overclockers etc). If I were to order a product from them, that was listed as being in stock and ready to ship, I expect that to be the case. It is no different with PCS.

When reading my comments, remember I am talking about their business practice when selling individual PC components, not custom builds.

"In stock and ready to ship"
The phrase I keep repeating, which was displayed on the PCS website when ordering the card, gives a very clear message. It tells the customer that it is in stock, and that it is ready to ship. When you are buying a product that doesn't need to be assembled (e.g one of their pre-built computers), and the website tells you it's in stock and ready to go, what else are we supposed to think?

By the way, the reality was they were anticipating lots of small deliveries over the next few weeks. So even according to their own forecast, people ordering this card wouldn't receive it for at least a month, and yet they still advertise it as being in stock and ready to ship. How can you say this isn't their fault?

"You will receive it next week"
Having sat through both the 3080 and 3090 launch, with various websites open and watching the cards go out of stock everywhere, I was sceptical of PCS's claim of them having it in stock days after the launch. So, I waited 40 minutes in queue to speak to them. The conversation started with him saying it must be a mistake, but ended with him saying that they actually had plenty of stock on hand and that I can expect to receive my order in the week. It was Saturday afternoon at this point, so I assumed they would ship it Monday/Tuesday. Of course this information was incorrect and I don't blame the guy for making a mistake. However, I hope this helps you understand my frustration as a customer.

Dude seemed like you tired to skip the que and are getting wound up because it hasnt worked.

You clearly know about the issues with supply, why would you think it was any different with PCs or any other company.

I assume i think righlty, that every company PCS or anyone is getting promised delivery of materials or a certain quantity that they havent recieved.

I did not try to skip any queues, I saw an opportunity and I took it.

I'm not frustrated because I didn't get the 3090. Honestly, that was a blessing in disguise. I'm frustrated with PCS's appalling business practices. This isn't the first issue I've had with them, my first order they broke GDPR by including everyone's email addresses in an email stating they didn't have stock of our laptop chassis, and for the next few days my inbox was flooded by responses from those customers. Then when I eventually got that laptop it was faulty and had to go back. The gaming PC I bought from them has been excellent though so credit where it's due.

I'm not trying to be knob, but see it from my perspective. I spent a lot of money on false promises, and if not for our statutory 14 day right to cancel, getting that money back would have been an added stress. Every other company is transparent about their stock limitations, PCS should be held at no exception.

I am not blaming them for their lack of stock, one would be a fool to do so, I am blaming them for poor communication and false claims.

Attachments

• 1601754574058.png
    1601754574058.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 160

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
my order was not for a custom PC, it was for a component. Nothing was being built. For this reason, I am holding PCS to the same standards as I hold any other company that sells PC components (Scan, Amazon, Overclockers etc)
That's where you're causing issues for yourself, PCS don't sell components like those places, they are not a sales site like those places.

They are a systems integrator or SI.

They have sold you a component as an upgrade to a system you already have, that's the only way you can get an individual component.

But that's still using the same JIT system, they don't have some other system than their main JIT system just for upgrades.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Alright level with me here. I got the same “we don’t know when your ROG Strix will be in stock” email as others here. Ordered my PC at 14:02 on launch day. What’s the odds of getting it before November?? Seems kinda crazy (not PCS fault for stock issues). Forked out over 2.5k euros upfront too. 😞

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
Alright level with me here. I got the same “we don’t know when your ROG Strix will be in stock” email as others here. Ordered my PC at 14:02 on launch day. What’s the odds of getting it before November?? Seems kinda crazy (not PCS fault for stock issues). Forked out over 2.5k euros upfront too. 😞

I read some where in two weeks times which further backs up the email I got from PCS.
Just aim off for Dec that way you won't be disappointed lol.