NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Alright level with me here. I got the same “we don’t know when your ROG Strix will be in stock” email as others here. Ordered my PC at 14:02 on launch day. What’s the odds of getting it before November?? Seems kinda crazy (not PCS fault for stock issues). Forked out over 2.5k euros upfront too. 😞
Literally no one can give you any idea on time frames at all, no one in the world knows when stocks will be arriving.

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
When ordering my new PC I had no option of which model of the 3080 to choose. Which model should I be expecting?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When ordering my new PC I had no option of which model of the 3080 to choose. Which model should I be expecting?
Unless you specify the ASUs strix which is significantly more expensive, you’ll get a pot luck model, could literally be anything, usually Palit or Zotac, but because of the circumstances, PCS have tried to get stocks of any cards going including gigabyte and founder editions.

Haywire23z

That's where you're causing issues for yourself, PCS don't sell components like those places, they are not a sales site like those places.

They are a systems integrator or SI.

They have sold you a component as an upgrade to a system you already have, that's the only way you can get an individual component.

But that's still using the same JIT system, they don't have some other system than their main JIT system just for upgrades.
Having just re-read the upgrade service terms and conditions, it's very clear that a green stock level indicates they have the item in stock and are able to ship it. They mention that they can't be held responsible for errors in this regard, and I must assume it was an error.

They also say this:

"As you have opted to complete the upgrade yourself we will dispatch the above items to you once payment has been confirmed "

I expect if I were to order a more common item, like a hard drive, I would receive it in a day or two. You guys normally talk a lot of sense and I usually agree with you, but in this case, I feel it's the job of the trader to accurately relay this information, not the job of the customer to assume it. The 3090 should be correctly advertised with either an orange or red colour status.

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
Unless you specify the ASUs strix which is significantly more expensive, you’ll get a pot luck model, could literally be anything, usually Palit or Zotac, but because of the circumstances, PCS have tried to get stocks of any cards going including gigabyte and founder editions.
Anything will do I suppose. On the configuration page there was no option to choose a different model....

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Having just re-read the upgrade service terms and conditions, it's very clear that a green stock level indicates they have the item in stock and are able to ship it. They mention that they can't be held responsible for errors in this regard, and I must assume it was an error.

They also say this:

"As you have opted to complete the upgrade yourself we will dispatch the above items to you once payment has been confirmed "

I expect if I were to order a more common item, like a hard drive, I would receive it in a day or two. You guys normally talk a lot of sense and I usually agree with you, but in this case, I feel it's the job of the trader to accurately relay this information, not the job of the customer to assume it. The 3090 should be correctly advertised with either an orange or red colour status.
That’s not how JIT systems work, you’re missing the point. It IS in stock because they have a confirmed shipment, it’s just that shipment hasn’t shown up. So the system is showing correctly.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Anything will do I suppose. On the configuration page there was no option to choose a different model....
There is, you just have to scroll down a little.

A6FAAF41-568A-4692-AE45-2A341954B980.jpeg

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
I know mate I've just learnt its best to suspect the worst that way your never disappointed. Plus look on the bright side you'll be able to upgrade that cpu 😉
Upgrade to new AMD ones? I haven’t really looked into it so advice always welcome when the time comes

Haywire23z

That’s not how JIT systems work, you’re missing the point. It IS in stock because they have a confirmed shipment, it’s just that shipment hasn’t shown up. So the system is showing correctly.
Yes I understand that.

My point is even if they have a confirmed shipment, it isn't enough to cover orders for at least 4 weeks. Therefore it is misleading to display it as being in stock and ready to ship, and instead "This item is in stock but there are more orders for this item than our current stock levels. Delays might be possible" would have been more accurate. Plus I was literally told directly by the company they had the order on hand and I'd receive it during the week but details

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes I understand that.

My point is even if they have a confirmed shipment, it isn't enough to cover orders for at least 4 weeks. Therefore it is misleading to display it as being in stock and ready to ship, and instead "This item is in stock but there are more orders for this item than our current stock levels. Delays might be possible" would have been more accurate. Plus I was literally told directly by the company they had the order on hand and I'd receive it during the week but details
But that’s the point, you’re missing how JIT systems work, you’re relating to a standard warehouse stock system which is entirely different.

D

Deleted member 103489

All we can do is wait patiently.. i to have ordered rog strix 3090, but i knew i was in for a wait as their listing clearly stated for pre order only. They did not confirm date because they just don't know when they will have good enough stock for these cards.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've seen its an 25%+ improvement on the previous series plus I think the 5800x is spose to be cheaper than 3800x.
Keep an eye for the unveiling on the 8th of this month.
Yeah, I would say to anyone to wait for the Ryzen 5000 cpu's they're going to really put Intel to bed everywhere across the board, I have no doubt, we're expecting 5GHz boosts with a significantly higher IPC compared to Intel, plus using signficantly less power so easier to cool, plus around a 25% performance increase in general, when you factor that in to their already ginormous multicore capabilities, well it's just going to be pretty damn awesome!!!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Yeah, I would say to anyone to wait for the Ryzen 5000 cpu's they're going to really put Intel to bed everywhere across the board, I have no doubt, we're expecting 5GHz boosts with a significantly higher IPC compared to Intel, plus using signficantly less power so easier to cool, plus around a 25% performance increase in general, when you factor that in to their already ginormous multicore capabilities, well it's just going to be pretty damn awesome!!!
Depending on how Thursday's unveiling goes, I'm tempted to put an instruction of "Dispatch after 20th/27th" (depending on Ryzen 5000 release date), just to be sure I can get a 5900X in my order. The wait for a 3080 for my order might make the instruction a moot point, but it's an extra ace up my sleeve if needs be.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Depending on how Thursday's unveiling goes, I'm tempted to put an instruction of "Dispatch after 20th/27th" (depending on Ryzen 5000 release date), just to be sure I can get a 5900X in my order. The wait for a 3080 for my order might make the instruction a moot point, but it's an extra ace up my sleeve if needs be.
The 5900x is the one I'm after too, just looks too damn sexy, it's the kind of thing you drone on at your grandkids when you're senile... "i remember when the 5900x was released and saved humanity from the alien invasion by becoming sentient and building a laser beam out of matchsticks that destroyed all the invading ships".... or something to that effect I imagine.