NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

Haywire23z

For anyone interested, PCS told me over the phone that they were buying 3080s/90s from as many companies as they could, so they had Palit, Gigabyte, Asus, Zotac etc. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let me put in a preference as to which card they sent me so it's a bit of a gamble.

Was happy to be told that my card was in stock at the time of my order so I should receive it next week :)

yousaidit

For anyone interested, PCS told me over the phone that they were buying 3080s/90s from as many companies as they could, so they had Palit, Gigabyte, Asus, Zotac etc. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let me put in a preference as to which card they sent me so it's a bit of a gamble.

Was happy to be told that my card was in stock at the time of my order so I should receive it next week :)
Great news, what card did you order?

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
I wonder how likely the free games are going to be with the rush for new machines? I got AC Valhalla listed as free with my AMD Ryzen and WatchDogs with the 3080. Really hope I get them as both are on my to-do list :)

yousaidit

I got the 3090 as it was the only card in stock at the time. It's overkill for me really but I still think it's an excellent card considering it outperforms the Titan RTX for £1000 less.
Very true, Monday is going to be an interesting day. Fingers crossed most of our orders progress.

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
So take it with a pinch of salt as the post in question hasn't been confirmed by Juan, but there is someone claiming to also work for asus giving out a bunch of dates for Strix cards. According to him don't expect the normal version of the Strix to release till the 14/10. I'll update if Juan gives confirmation.

Also this date applies to NA only.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200927-023237_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200927-023237_Facebook.jpg
    849.6 KB · Views: 186

Metal3x

I wonder how likely the free games are going to be with the rush for new machines? I got AC Valhalla listed as free with my AMD Ryzen and WatchDogs with the 3080. Really hope I get them as both are on my to-do list :)

I didn't get the Watch Dogs code, talked to someone on the phone and said they were limited so you might have to contact Nvidia with a serial number to get it?

Ended up cancelling my 3080 here and pre-ordered the Asus TUF. Gonna pop my 1070 in until it's available.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
I didn't get the Watch Dogs code, talked to someone on the phone and said they were limited so you might have to contact Nvidia with a serial number to get it?

Ended up cancelling my 3080 here and pre-ordered the Asus TUF. Gonna pop my 1070 in until it's available.
When did you place your original 3080 order? Did it say you had the promotion applied on checkout?

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
So take it with a pinch of salt as the post in question hasn't been confirmed by Juan, but there is someone claiming to also work for asus giving out a bunch of dates for Strix cards. According to him don't expect the normal version of the Strix to release till the 14/10. I'll update if Juan gives confirmation.

Just spoke to PCS regarding their ROG stock and when they're expecting it. The guy on the phone said they still don't know so it looks like that timeline is correct. The good news is that he said that only 100 people had placed an order for the ROG 3080 so it shouldn't be long to build for us when the stock eventually arrives :)

yousaidit

Will be interesting to see how many of us with build dates for today see some progress. Fingers crossed for everyone.

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
Just spoke to PCS regarding their ROG stock and when they're expecting it. The guy on the phone said they still don't know so it looks like that timeline is correct. The good news is that he said that only 100 people had placed an order for the ROG 3080 so it shouldn't be long to build for us when the stock eventually arrives :)

Ah thats great. Thank you for letting me know.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Thanks for the update! I'm in the same boat as you so if you hear anything else RE your order let me know. I'll do the same here. Hopefully the ROG is worth the wait and doesnt have any of the issues seen online.

JohnWalton981

Silver Level Poster

Do you know or have an invite to the Discord this refers to?

JohnWalton981

Silver Level Poster
Done some digging.. it looks like its from blackoutpcparts in the US. Not within ASUS. This was posted last night on their Discord
New_Pricing-1.png