NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

Nooshkie

There’s a guy who got his already ordered on 19th didn’t go into pre production till 22nd not sure how the hell he got fastracked but he received his 3080 build on the 1st 🤷‍♂️ Starting to think there’s been a cock up in the queues would be good to know who else ordered after us but received already.

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
There’s a guy who got his already ordered on 19th didn’t go into pre production till 22nd not sure how the hell he got fastracked but he received his 3080 build on the 1st 🤷‍♂️ Starting to think there’s been a cock up in the queues would be good to know who else ordered after us but received already.
There is an option to pay extra to be fast tracked. I wonder if you immediately get pushed right to the front of the queue

GarCul

I saw that and I was wondering about that too. His spec is very similar to mine and he ordered 2 days after me. I'm actually going to call them and query that today as I would hope if they had a 3080 for me and were ready to build and one of my other components were out of stock do they postpone the building of my system to wait for the component to come in and the 3080 goes into the next system in the queue. If that were the case I would expect to be called to be given the option of changing something as the 3080 is the priority

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I get that. But does the fast track queue get priority over the standard? E.g. Does a fast track person who ordered yesterday get priority over someone who has been waiting a month?
Probably. That's what fast track is for.

None of us know for sure how PCS organise the builds, but I don't think they've ever said anywhere that it's strictly FIFO. I would expect that when they come to pick the parts for a build and something is out of stock they'll put that on hold and move on to the next build. They want the builders fully occupied and they can only build orders where all the parts are available.

I don't know whether they have a separate fast track building team, but I suspect not. I do know there is a separate fast track queue and clearly that queue will be served first when a builder comes free.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
I pessimistically wouldn't get too excited by that, hopefully I am wrong but I've been getting mails on Mondays and Wednesday saying its going into build 3 days after the email for 2 weeks now. I orderered at 14.06 on launch day. I'm just disregarding the 6.35am email these days as its just automated and not really one to go by in my opinion. 12 days in pre-production now, just going by it will arrive when it arrives now.
First time this auto-email doesnt give an eta of 5 days. That s why i posted here.
I dont have too much expectation, but id be happy if it was true.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I get that. But does the fast track queue get priority over the standard? E.g. Does a fast track person who ordered yesterday get priority over someone who has been waiting a month?
Yes, fast track has its own queue with its own workers, so if you ordered a system today and there were only 5 in the fast track queue, it would get built today.

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
Do you see what I see? 👀

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201005-132746_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20201005-132746_Facebook.jpg
    768.9 KB · Views: 216

GarCul

First time this auto-email doesnt give an eta of 5 days. That s why i posted here.
I dont have too much expectation, but id be happy if it was true.
I rang PCS about 2 hrs ago and was chatting to to a bloke about it. He said realistically it will 4 to 6 weeks before the 3080's arrive for me. He then acknowledged that this was Monday and a new week and said actually 3 to 5 weeks so that says to me they have a shipment coming in, think he may have mentioned something about them coming in by ship. They are receiving MSI, Zotac and Gigabyte. Those companies are HQ's in Taiwan and Hong Kong. 3-5 weeks is about 42 days which is how long it would take to come by sea if you think about it so early to mid-November. Glad to know as it stops me from hoping it could be anyday and just put up for the wait which I was told would definitely be worth it. I ordered at 14.06 on the 17th and I'm 229 in the build queue. Doesn't mean there are 228 3080's in front of me I was assured, that's the general build queue and there definitely wasn't fast track availability for the 3080. At least I can put the speculation to bed now

target680

Bronze Level Poster
I hope the UK get some supply this week. Fingers crossed. I assume they will just keep getting stream of deliverys weekly from now on the que will go down pretty quick.

Rossl496

Ordered my 3080 full rig on the 17th, it's gone into building and then testing as of today so I'm really hoping to be gaming properly soon 😅 upgrading from a 1050ti so this should be amazing. Hopefully you all get yours soon if they're starting to be built

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
Ordered my 3080 full rig on the 17th, it's gone into building and then testing as of today so I'm really hoping to be gaming properly soon 😅 upgrading from a 1050ti so this should be amazing. Hopefully you all get yours soon if they're starting to be built
so ROSSL496 says it went into building and testing today, but GARCUL who ordered 6min after the launch is given en ETA of 3 to 5 weeks.
What's going on ?
Also pray for me who couldnt order before finishing work :')