NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Just got my 3080 PC here. Thought I'd let you know my dates for build etc to give you some insight, i put my order in exactly 60 seconds after launch. 17/09/20 14:01PM

Processed Date17-09-2020
Pre-Production Date18-09-2020
Build Date02-10-2020
Test Date02-10-2020
Awaiting Dispatch Date03-10-2020
Dispatch Date05-10-2020
Arrived this morning.
Please let us know how it runs etc. Or if you have specs on your build do share 😊

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
Got this email....
I'm so excited I can't contain myself

1 like = 1 prayer 🙏
Amen

And yes this build includes a 3080

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201006-183756_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20201006-183756_Email.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

AlexJames

Bronze Level Poster
Please let us know how it runs etc. Or if you have specs on your build do share 😊
Running great so far. Had 1 small issue though, they used a daisy chained cable for the RTX 3080, which is a huge no no due to how powerful it is, had to unscrew my PSU and fit in another cable and route it to my GPU, but I did it. One of the staff saw my post an made it aware to the production team leader, so hopefully it doesn't happen in anyone elses build, however anyone who got a build before me probably got the same daisy chained cable, and might not know, which is pretty bad

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Running great so far. Had 1 small issue though, they used a daisy chained cable for the RTX 3080, which is a huge no no due to how powerful it is, had to unscrew my PSU and fit in another cable and route it to my GPU, but I did it. One of the staff saw my post an made it aware to the production team leader, so hopefully it doesn't happen in anyone elses build, however anyone who got a build before me probably got the same daisy chained cable, and might not know, which is pretty bad
Oh wow I wouldn’t have known that myself. Can you explain it to a hardware newb?

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
Got this email....
I'm so excited I can't contain myself

1 like = 1 prayer 🙏
Amen

And yes this build includes a 3080
seems "far" enough to be accurate
crossing my fingers for you dude !
(would you mind tell us the date you ordered ? )

AlexJames

Bronze Level Poster
Oh wow I wouldn’t have known that myself. Can you explain it to a hardware newb?
Well, I'm not the most knowledgeable on the subject myself. But I believe the 3080 can pull upward of 370W+ and I'm pretty sure 1 cable can't carry so much power, and daisy chaining a 3080 can cause instabilities like crashing etc. Having 2 dedicated cables coming from 2 sperate plugs on your PSU ensures that it gets all the power the beast needs lol. Not the best explanation. I'm sure someone much more knowledgable can explain it far better.

Fenix

Of course I don't mind. I ordered on 1/10/2020

My post was 100% sarcasm, I'm not holding out hope.

I ordered mine on the 20.09 and so far nothing :( it's ready to be built but of course, there's no RTX3080 in stock to finish it.
Hope yours is ready and some of them can start getting delivered to us in the near future.

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
I ordered mine on the 20.09 and so far nothing :( it's ready to be built but of course, there's no RTX3080 in stock to finish it.
Hope yours is ready and some of them can start getting delivered to us in the near future.
When you say "nothing" you mean no pc or no email with a date ?

Fenix

When you say "nothing" you mean no pc or no email with a date ?

Sorry, I should've been more clear. What I mean was that I didn't get any sort of estimated date, just the email about the shortage and that they have no information when they might be in stock.

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
Sorry, I should've been more clear. What I mean was that I didn't get any sort of estimated date, just the email about the shortage and that they have no information when they might be in stock.
Savage. I have just opted for the standard 3080 option so hopefully I won't be waiting till Christmas