Nvidia 600 series

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I know someone who just received some test card off NVidia yesterday, new range but not top of the range model from what he said, he wont tell me exactly what card due to NDA but he is going to post some pics of the card later (with blanked out bits for NDA) which I will post up as soon as he does. From what hes told me it takes two 8 pin connectors, the casing is full metal and its bigger than his 6990.

Gorman

Author Level
I know someone who just received some test card off NVidia yesterday, new range but not top of the range model from what he said, he wont tell me exactly what card due to NDA but he is going to post some pics of the card later (with blanked out bits for NDA) which I will post up as soon as he does. From what hes told me it takes two 8 pin connectors, the casing is full metal and its bigger than his 6990.

found it

bf3d2000dv9.jpg

PCS

Administrator
Staff member

It is interesting that people are receiving sample cards. We are also under NDA and have had assurances from Nvidia that nothing is due for many, many weeks yet. Probably February or March 2012.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
It is interesting that people are receiving sample cards. We are also under NDA and have had assurances from Nvidia that nothing is due for many, many weeks yet. Probably February or March 2012.

All hes told me is it was 2 x 8 pin, its bigger than the 6990 and made of metal lol, he also did say it was NVIDIA which he says is also a new unreleased card. Im making the assumption its a 6xx series card, although I may be wrong. I know he said it doesnt fit in his test rig and that he gets it through a forum he tests for. I know he always tests stuff early so deffinately believe him but as to exactly what card it is I have no idea, im still waiting for him to upload the photos. :)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member

So when the new cards are launched who thinks it will have two 8 pin connectors?

Xoil

So when the new cards are launched who thinks it will have two 8 pin connectors?

Hopefully it will be the same, be annoying for some people who try to upgrade to it having to swap cables and re-route them.

PaulH

Bright Spark
It is a 22nm chip so i think it will have 2 x 6pin - and use loads less power - just guessing like

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
either you have been trolled or are currently trolling :]

What makes you say this? Everyone is talking about particular cards, I have never said in any post which card it is, because due to NDA I have not been able to find out. All I said is that it was an Nvidia card and not a top of the range one. This doesn't even necesserily have to be a gaming spec card either. Either way, unless you know the final specs of all the range of cards I can't possibly see how you can make such a statement?

dangro474

Bright Spark
Sorry I overreated, bad day :/ But the information you posted seemed to be extremely far fetched at the time.

Mr.D

will the 660/650/670 be better than the 7850 at a good price. also, i want to cancel my pc which is in pre-production but im not sure how, could anyone help?

Mr.D

How do i cancel an order which is in pre-production?

will the 660/650/670 be better than the 7850 at a good price. also, i want to cancel my pc which is in pre-production but im not sure how, could anyone help?

keynes

Multiverse Poster

Try calling PCS, I don't think it is possible to do it online.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I imagine that the 670 will beat it as well as the 660Ti although below that i can't guarentee anything (im just going by last gens comparisons and where the GTX680 stood compared to AMD)