NVIDIA GeForce Experience!

Meds

Hey Y'aaalll!

We've been installing NVIDIA's GeForce Experience on all of our PCs & Laptops for the past couple of weeks now, but I thought I'd bring it to the attention of those who are unfortunate enough to have not heard, seen or used it yet! Basically, to cut a long story short, NVIDIA have had their experts run games in every hardware configuration possible to put together a bunch of game settings for a large number of the latest gaming titles. So.... all you have to do is click one button and the GeForce Experience software will download optimal game settings tailored to your PC based on your CPU, GPU and monitor!

I'll let them explain in a little more detail;

GeForce Experience Forums: https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/110/geforce-experience/
GeForce Experience User Guide: http://international.download.nvidia.com/GFE/User-Guides/GeForceExperience_UG_v02.pdf

What do you guys think? Will you use it? Share your thoughts with us!

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Do you know what the support is for surround? I tried it once and it just changed the settings to a lower resolution.

Everon

Enthusiast
Nope, wont be using this feature.

Nvidia have bodged all of the last 4 to 5 versions of their driver (especially on windows 8) This does not inspire me with sufficient confidence that their "experts" know how to make a stable gfx driver at this time, let alone
run games in every hardware configuration possible to put together a bunch of game settings for a large number of the latest gaming titles

I will stick to making my own judgements on how my system runs my games.

Cheers, Jay,

Rakk

The Awesome
What do you guys think? Will you use it? Share your thoughts with us!

Doesn't have support for EQ2 .... , it does have some support for a couple of games I have but never seem to get round to playing so I justy haven't felt teh need to try it :)

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Already use it, no problems at all with the drivers and I use their recommended settings. Glad I didn't have to go to the hassle of downloading it.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I've never had a problem with Nvidia drivers or this software, I find that both work perfectly together. Also I have never heard of nvidia cards having drivers problems on win7, sure some games might be a big buggy on release (TR) but was solved in a week or so and it only happened because camp AMD stopped NV from getting hold of TR until the game was released. I'l always recommend an NV card simply because of drivers, experience and ofcourse they are great cards... not like that AMD rubbish... always suffering with bad drivers...

*** sits back and awaits AMD owners to bite and engage in meaningless fan boy discussion... But in reality both camps are more than good enough for gaming.... although, NV is jsut a bit better ;)

Last edited:

Tom DWC

Don't use GeForce experience myself, find it tends to set games a tad on the low side, especially for SLI? But it's still a great tool for those who want a pick up and play experience and especially for newbies. :)

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I've been using it, I let it find the optimal settings, and if it plays more than well I'll pop up any settings I need to myself, rather than my usual way, run it on full till it crashes...

Keithg

Enthusiast
For some reason it seems to think that my machine cant run the witcher 2 but the game says I am medium settings.
Strange as it detected fine previously.

Otherwise a good app even for keeping up to date with drivers

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I personally don't use it, I like to set it all myself, I personally think its fun testing various settings until I get the GPU running at 100% usage with high frames

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I only use it as a benchmark, I still tweak and fiddle. It's a useful tool for a starting point (and keeping drivers up to date) but it's not the bible.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
new drivers, cheers Nvidia.

ps, make sure you guys delete the old drivers. Mine are installed on my SSD, C drive, Nvidia, DisplayDriver, then you will see them listed. just delete them all, apart from the one you are using lol.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Yeah I'd just been reading up on that, 326 is it? So yeah I suppose they only auto update WHQL drivers.

Niao

Bronze Level Poster
You can choose in the settings to update to beta if you want :) Well to get notified if a beta driver is released ;) I found the soft a good start for settings but nothing better than tailored after testing yourself!

HazDS

Personally I'm looking forward to trying this out, reading up on it a few months back thought it was a great idea. Download it and get it installed and my 2 x GT9600's where not supported! So yea waiting for my new laptop and giving it a go :).

Last edited:

bigben

Master Poster
I like it. Quite often I have no idea what the settings do and can't be bothered to mess about with them.
Also, if you look at the pictures for each game it has little descriptions for what different settings do, which I think is good because when I googled one setting when I first got my rig all I could find was over complicated confusing answers which didn't help at all.