Obcure problem

jclifford

I am attching my invoice.

Edit: invoice removed as it has personal details in it

Last edited by a moderator:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I am attching my invoice.

I would remove that as it has personal details such as your address on it..........

jclifford

This is from the motherboard manual in case it helps.

Attachments

• Mboard.jpg
    Mboard.jpg
    923.9 KB · Views: 88

jclifford

Thanks for the warning Martin but my postal address is public knowledge in several ways - electoral rolls, telephone directories etc.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You must have added a GeForce 8200 to that build since you bought it then?

Remove that Nvidia graphics card, plug the monitor into the motherboard and see whether the coprocessor entry disappears.

BTW. You said in your OP that you bought it in 2016, yet that invoice is from 2009! At 12 years old it's going to be starting to fail hardware wise anyway pretty soon and that's a dreadfully underpowered build to be running Windows 10. You'd be better off running a tiny Linux distro on there IMO.

jclifford

I was under the impression that Geforce 8200 was the name for the whole nVidia chipset on the motherboard, including graphics and the nForce Network Controller (which is what is causing me problems in practice). But when I have sent this, I will open up the case and look.
Attached shows Device Manager by connection

Attachments

• Devices.jpg
    Devices.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 83

jclifford

The PCI slots are empty and the PCIExpress x16 slot is occupied by an SSD, so there is no grahics card.
I took the opportunity to vacuum the interior, but that has not solved anything.
I take your point about the age of the PC.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I was under the impression that Geforce 8200 was the name for the whole nVidia chipset on the motherboard, including graphics and the nForce Network Controller (which is what is causing me problems in practice). But when I have sent this, I will open up the case and look.
Attached shows Device Manager by connection
Ah I didn't reuse it was part of the motherboard. In that case updating the motherboard chipset drivers should sort it.

BTW you'll note that the 8200 in that image above is set as a 'generic pnp monitor' which is because there is no driver for it.

jclifford

Thanks for everyone's help. I have now bought a new motherboard, processor and memory and hope to soon have a more modern PC.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I took the opportunity to vacuum the interior, but that has not solved anything.
The most likely thing vacuuming the interior of a PC would do is kill it. It creates a surprising amount of static electricity which can easily jump and cause irreparable damage.

I know it’s a moot point at this stage but for your own sake, please don’t do that with your new system if it gets dusty and you think it needs a clean. Use compressed air or a dedicated air duster as it’s much safer for your PC.