Ordered a GTX 460, should I change?

Dudey

So my order with a GTX 460 will be going into building soon. I could amend my order for £55 extra with a GTX 560ti.

Think its worth it? I really didn't wanna spend that much, but if it is worth it, then I guess I've got no choice :p

What do you guys think?

Its a i5 2400 build with the 600W PSU.

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
It would be a nice upgrade but it's not a huge improvement so if you can't really afford it just stick with the GTX460.

Gorman

Author Level
The 5xx series are supposed to be cooler than the 4xx so logic dictates they should be quieter too.

Dudey

Yep i've read that they run cooler and require less power than the gtx 460. I can't decide what to do !

Meds

Decisions.. Decisions. Either way you will get a great PC so you can't really go wrong. But If you've got £50 burning a hole in your pocket then just upgrade! :D

Randomthom

Silver Level Poster
There is a review of the new 560 Ti on Tomshardware.com at the moment, I suggest you check it out! If you're a nVidia fanb... loyal customer then I guess it's as good as you're going to get for that kind of money but the ATi 6850 appears to be a strong contender, especially when you consider that most (about 90%) can be unlocked to become a 6870 straight off the bat.

It seems that the Ti isn't quite the same legendary tag this time around, still an impressive card though. Seems to overclock well too.

Gorman

Author Level
yay lets unlock a driver crippled 6850 into a driver crippled 6870, both give the super awesome atikmdag.sys feature.

Just kidding.

I mean, sure. ATI is an option too.

Last edited:

Meds

Not 100% accurate. The nVidia 9800GX2 was crap, and so was the nVidia 7950GX2. nVidia aren't always decent, then again neither are AMD.

Gorman

Author Level
Nope i was going to say you missed out the GTX 295 and upcoming 5XX fail.

And none of them count.