Ordering my New rig next week(is it ok?)

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
Hello Pcs Friends im not far from ordering my gaming computer AT LAST!!!!!!!!!. I've been saving up since January 2013 and the time is almost upon me to Order my new monster :p. I would just like to no if this will be ok for ALL games on Ultra settings with 60+ frames, tho i will be going Sli x2 670's in future. I no the 700 series cards are almost here and was thinking if i should wait or not, what do you think?.

Just a question about the case, do i really need the extra 2 fans for £9, I will be doing Sli so little bothered about heat. Also do i really need a SSD DRIVE or just stay with a single HDD ( WD CAVIAR BLACK)?

Thinking if i need a i7 3770 over the 3570 because i want this rig to last me a good 5years in future?.

Anyway let me no if Hes gonna be ok or if i need to change things, i don't want to mess up :).

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM TROOPER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3570 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-V LK: PCI-E 3.0 READY, SLI, CROSSFIREX
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
4x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ROM (£27)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£89)
Processor Cooling
Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler (£19)
Extra Case Fans
2 x 12CM Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof) (£9)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 9 to 11 working days
Miscellaneous
FREE METRO: LAST LIGHT GAME with GTX 660 & UPWARDS GPUs!
Quantity

Price: £1,185.00 including VAT and delivery.

Thank you for all your replies PCS Friends :).

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Hi,
For gaming 5 years is pretty long, a single gtx 670 is unlikely to give you +60 fps on very demanding games at high/ultra settings. An ssd is not essential, it really depends of your budget.

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
Will i be able to upgrade to like 800 series and etc with this motherboard i am buying?. I should get over 60fps with all the latest games out currently tho right?, I'll be running in 1920x1080 on my 22ich monitor.

bigben

Master Poster
Hi, my rig (pretty similar to yours) maxes out every game I have tried easily. However there will always be some games that it will struggle with.

With regards to waiting for 700 series, I wouldn't bother as there will always be something slightly better just around the corner, that's always going to be the case with technology.

The SSD is nice if your budget allows, makes the whole system very snappy and really quick to boot/ load programmes etc.

The i7 won't make any difference for gaming and as keynes said, 5 years is a long time for gaming.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Will i be able to upgrade to like 800 series and etc with this motherboard i am buying?. I should get over 60fps with all the latest games out currently tho right?, I'll be running in 1920x1080 on my 22ich monitor.

You could check benchmarks online for the games you are planning to play
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crysis-3-performance-benchmark-gaming,3451-6.html
For +60 fps for demanding games you would need a sli set up but anything above 30 fps is playable.

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for the Replies guys. Should i wait and buy it with x2 670's?. Was also wondering if the 600series cards are going to go down in price this month sometime. wouldn't mind a GTX 690 :).

bigben

Master Poster
I would get it now, adding a graphics card is a really easy upgrade to do yourself.

Like I said before, my single 670 is fine for all the games I have played (BF3, skyrim, arma 2, hitman absolution, ac3 + a load of others)

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
OK thanks alot, will the case be noisy with all the fans? do i really need the 2 extra fans, sorry about all the questions.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
OK thanks alot, will the case be noisy with all the fans? do i really need the 2 extra fans, sorry about all the questions.

I wouldn't worry about the additional fans, the gpu is going to be the noisiest part in your system.

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you so much for all your help guys:). I'v decided to remove the SSD and use 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK just to save some money to buy a second GTX 670 in a few weeks. I'v heard SSD's dont really help in gaming, I hope its a good idea to remove it. I could be ordering later on today aslong as everything is ok with my build. I;m sure i wont have any heat worries with this case if i overlcock my GPU's. (I wont be overclocking my CPU).

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM TROOPER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3570 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-V LK: PCI-E 3.0 READY, SLI, CROSSFIREX
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
4x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ROM (£27)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£89)
Processor Cooling
Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler (£19)
Extra Case Fans
2 x 12CM Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof) (£9)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time

PCS EXTRA-CARE DIAMOND DELIVERY - MON-FRI, PRE-NOON (£9)
Standard Build - Approximately 9 to 11 working days
Miscellaneous
FREE METRO: LAST LIGHT GAME with GTX 660 & UPWARDS GPUs!
Quantity

Price: £1,093.00 including VAT and delivery.

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
If you overclock your gpu you void your warranty. To sli it does t have to be the same manufacturer , just the same VRAM.

ChrisByatt

Silver Level Poster
If you overclock your gpu you void your warranty. To sli it does t have to be the same manufacturer , just the same VRAM.
True but if there's an overclock from the manufacturer on the gpu (like evga do) and you use one with a lower clock it could lose the overclock/mess up your sli

keynes

Multiverse Poster
True but if there's an overclock from the manufacturer on the gpu (like evga do) and you use one with a lower clock it could lose the overclock/mess up your sli

From what I read it will just lower the clock speed of the overclocker gpu not messed up the SLI but I don't have any personal experience on that.

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
im really wantin to Order NOW!!..but im struggling on what to get Windows 7 or 8. I've used Win7 before. I wont OC my Gpu's anyways if im going Sli. I'l prob order my second 67o from PCS anyways. :D

Also is it worth getting - PCS EXTRA-CARE DIAMOND DELIVERY - MON-FRI, PRE-NOON (£9).

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
im really wantin to Order NOW!!..but im struggling on what to get Windows 7 or 8. I've used Win7 before. I prob wont OC my Gpu's anyways if im going Sli. :D

Also is it worth getting - PCS EXTRA-CARE DIAMOND DELIVERY - MON-FRI, PRE-NOON (£9).
Windows 7 or 8 is a personal choice really,and personally I don't like windows 8,but that doesn't mean to say you wouldn't.
It would be handy if you could get access to someones PC who has windows 8 to decide for yourself as opinions will differ wherever you ask.

Last edited:

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
I think il Stick with Windows 7 i did like it and people are saying win 8 is for touch screens and tablets, also heard there's a few isses with games.

Right about to order, anything else before i do. Should i change anything at all?.