Ordering to delivery of my laptop diary

waynedance

Gold Level Poster
Ok ordered my Laptop on 19th November (Monday) with 8-10 day standard delivery.

1st working day and now says Pre-Production.

Whey hey things are moving, the only thing that worries me is that when I chose my build I messed about and selected 5 day turn around but said that the 750GB Black was out of stock. Hope this is not going to hold the build up, might change my option.

Been looking at my order again and been looking at what I can change. Wish I could just leave it alone and stop googling this vs that, bla bla bla.

steaky360

Best way to get a response on the lead times would be to contact PCS direct bud :) they'll probably be able to tell you when they are expecting more stock!

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Yeah that the worst thing about ordering the laptop im not a patient person but there never more than a phone call away to reassure you that your their Number 1 customer =D.

It'll be worth the wait.

waynedance

Gold Level Poster
I want them to have a webcam following my chassis from start to finish, and gps tracker on the packaging. I worn out F5 on the works keyboard.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I want them to have a webcam following my chassis from start to finish, and gps tracker on the packaging. I worn out F5 on the works keyboard.

Oh god it's starting already. Just expect to be in pre-production for a good 7-10 working days! I checked every 5 minutes and it really didn't help the situation.

waynedance

Gold Level Poster
Ok going to disconnect my broadband and phone and live in the dark ages until a parcel arrives at work.

See you in a few weeks.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
You on 8th day, I am only on my 3rd, doh!!!

No chance of getting this in the 8-10 working day estimate.

Mine was a 9-11 day estimate and it was dispatched on the 12th working day so effectively arrived on the 13th day. Be warned, T&C's say it can take up to 30 days!

waynedance

Gold Level Poster
Not sure I understand their % delivery chart.

7 days 14 days 21 days 28 days Average
10.49% 82.72% 89.51% 95.06% 12.90 days

So does that mean if the customer is told 7 days only 10.49% got it in that time?

steaky360

No it means that 10.49% of the laptops ordered recently (not sure how often its updated) were despatched within 7 days. Or that is how I understand it anyway :)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
No it means that 10.49% of the laptops ordered recently (not sure how often its updated) were despatched within 7 days. Or that is how I understand it anyway :)

Yes this is how I understand it too. It's updated fairly frequently I think (or at least it states it's constantly updated to the last 5 working days of orders).

Basically it means that 82.72% of people will receive their orders within 14 working days. 95.06% people will receive it within 28 days and the small minority may have to wait longer than 28 days if there are parts out of stock, problems with the build, etc.

Should probably add to clarify that the chart is completely separate to the estimate they told you. Their estimates would have been based on the 'average' section of that chart.

waynedance

Gold Level Poster
So looking at the figures today 4.94% have not had there laptop after 28 days, doh!!!

As long as windows 9 or Black ops 3 is not out by the time I get it then all good :yawn:

steaky360

That's not really that bad, 5 out of 100 people who may have ordered out of stock components etc.

I wouldn't hold too much stock in those figures, they are really just a guide as to how PCS are currently performing, they don't necessarily reflect your potential build time

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Yea like Steaky said, it really is a small minority. You'll also read a large amount of threads of things that have gone wrong with new rigs and stuff or deliveries. I can say by personal experience (and also the large quantity of reviews on trustedreviews) that you don't have anything to worry about. Most happy customers will receive their pc and get on with it without bothering to report how it went on the forums. However if someone receives something with a problem, that's a whole different story and they want to tell the world about it! Plus my delivery experience and current pc experience has been excellent. I even received my 4gb free USB stick yesterday for leaving a review :D