Partition set up

rocknroll

Bronze Level Poster
Ok so i am having a 60 gb ssd and a 1tb hdd,
the o/s is going on the ssd. should i have a partition on the hdd so a recovery image can be put on it?

Sleinous

Author Level
That seems like a sensible idea, although, you should get the Windows disc too anyway if you're buying the OS with the pc :)

Last edited:

Gorman

Author Level
Ok so i am having a 60 gb ssd and a 1tb hdd,
the o/s is going on the ssd. should i have a partition on the hdd so a recovery image can be put on it?

Absolutely 100% not.

Dont partition the SSD at all, its too tiny. Partition the 1Tb all you like, but i wouldnt bother with a recovery partition.

Windows 7 will partition a little 100mb chuck off for itself for recovery tools etc.

Recovery partitions are not really needed as we supply the OS disk which will do pretty much the same thing.

Sleinous dont be awkward, a HDD to me is always a Hard drive be it SSD Mechanical or made of that bizarre diamond stuff they keep banging on about on new scientist.

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
Absolutely 100% not.

Dont partition the SSD at all, its too tiny. Partition the 1Tb all you like, but i wouldnt bother with a recovery partition.

Windows 7 will partition a little 100mb chuck off for itself for recovery tools etc.

Recovery partitions are not really needed as we supply the OS disk which will do pretty much the same thing.

Sleinous dont be awkward, a HDD to me is always a Hard drive be it SSD Mechanical or made of that bizarre diamond stuff they keep banging on about on new scientist.

What new diamond stuff? Never heard of it, are they trying to make a diamond data disk? Could be a tad expensive lol.