PC Game Deals!

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Halo 5: Forge is on the window store for free, so if you have a group of pals, you can play halo 5 custom maps online for free

catch: windows 10 required

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor for £6.24 on steam atm (been discounted to that price quite recently too so will doubtless surface again. £3.39 each for the Charlemagne / Last Roman Xpacs for Attila TW on Humble.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Humble Bundle monthly has Total War Warhammer for $12 https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly plus the other mystery games you'd get in ~14 days. Very, very good offer imo.
TW:WH has held its retail price quite well since release, and even on steam sale atm it's still £26 on its own. I can thoroughly recommend TW:WH, especially for that price, despite my whinges about CA and AMD. :)

===

In other news, G2A have launched their first monthly bundle apparently in direct cooperation with publishers: https://www.pcgamesn.com/g2a-deal-february-2017
It has Syberia, Syberia 2, Superhot, Lords of the Fallen, and Dirt 3 for €1.50 (which with VAT and the paypal charge works out as ~£1.80).

Normally I'd read G2A and run screaming but it seems this is G2A trying to break away from the image they have in many quarters. I gather at least some of the publishers are polish as is G2A apparently, SUPERHOT already sell the game directly on G2A, and with Syberia III coming out in April I guess the devs are raising the profile of that.

Cancelling the monthly subscription is a one-click job (unlike what I've read about G2A shield) and you can also cancel the payment arrangement in Paypal.

I got the deal for Lords of the Fallen, but people have been raving about SUPERHOT and having dabbled in it, it's certainly very interesting.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It's also free on steam. So you could get a gog copy and a steam copy and coop with yourself.

Thanks for the heads up for the mod. Will definitely check that out - I do love being able to add mods to games. :)

Any others you'd recommend for SR2?

Am also considering picking up SR4 GOTC edition for £3.74 - any advice on mods there?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Gentlemen of the Row is the main one really. It's a "super mod" so is a collection of mods and fixes for the game.

"The Gentlemen of the Row mod for Saints Row 2 PC is a massive integrated collection of mods, tweaks, and fixes that greatly enhances the game while still staying true to the spirit of the original. The mod has been carefully balanced to be used by either a newcomer or a veteran to the series, and offers 100+ new clothing items with 120+ new logos, improved weather including a darker nighttime and more vibrant colors in daytime, plane and boat mechanics for customizing, additional missions, new vehicle dealerships, new weapons, new cribs, new homies and gang styles, new taunts and compliments, new walking styles, 100+ new ambient music tracks for purchase, more car paints, more skin colors, tattoos, makeup, optional 360/PS3 onscreen controller prompts, new cheat codes including NPC morphs, and tons of tweaks and bug fixes."

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
CDKeys already have Doom 1/3 off at 27.99 including Demon Multiplayer pack DLC.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/doom-pc-cd-key-steam
£7.49 there now

On the subject of SR2 I've finally got it performing more or less at or over 60fps (the 30fps lock was actually making me feel sick :/ ), even when driving, by doing various tweaks and disabling the two graphics options that make the game not look like crud (dynamic lighting and shadows). So it looks like crud but at least I can play it.

GOTR makes my game crash periodically when getting into certain cars (mostly the sports cars with the doors that flip up), and reinstalling the game and the mod hasn't made that problem go away entirely. I end up reinstalling the mod every few hours of gameplay and it makes the issue go away for a while.

The local COOP is also buggy as hell. The game doesn't understand where players and objects are located, so one player will get ejected from a car but appear inside the car to the other player, on one screen the car will crash, on the other it misses the object entirely, etc.

The physics are broken. Like 20x worse than Skyrim. Got some hilarious videos out of it though.

It's a shame. There's a truly great game in there but the performance issues utterly wreck it for PC. I love Gothic 3 for goodness' sake, I don't normally care about lack of gameplay polish. But SR2 is unreal...

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
£7.49 there now

On the subject of SR2 I've finally got it performing more or less at or over 60fps (the 30fps lock was actually making me feel sick :/ ), even when driving, by doing various tweaks and disabling the two graphics options that make the game not look like crud (dynamic lighting and shadows). So it looks like crud but at least I can play it.

GOTR makes my game crash periodically when getting into certain cars (mostly the sports cars with the doors that flip up), and reinstalling the game and the mod hasn't made that problem go away entirely. I end up reinstalling the mod every few hours of gameplay and it makes the issue go away for a while.

The local COOP is also buggy as hell. The game doesn't understand where players and objects are located, so one player will get ejected from a car but appear inside the car to the other player, on one screen the car will crash, on the other it misses the object entirely, etc.

The physics are broken. Like 20x worse than Skyrim. Got some hilarious videos out of it though.

It's a shame. There's a truly great game in there but the performance issues utterly wreck it for PC. I love Gothic 3 for goodness' sake, I don't normally care about lack of gameplay polish. But SR2 is unreal...

Yeah it really is. I'm hoping that maybe they'll release a remaster of some sort. Doesn't have to be fancy, just makes it playable.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Dungeons II free on Humble Store: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dungeons-2

Free for the next 1 day, 17 hours. Key then needs to be activated by 27th May.

Blatant ripoff of the Warcraft art style and has DLC packs called:

Dungeons 2: A Chance of Dragons
Dungeons 2: A Song of Sand and Fire
Dungeons 2: A Game of Winter

Edit: just noticed it's a Kalypso game, which means £0.00 is the most you should ever pay.

Last edited: