PC Game Deals!

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
2Game have some good offers on Warhammer Total War DLC at the moment:

The major faction DLCs like Tombs Kings, Wood Elves, Beastmen, Vampire Coast are £5.39 with the 10% coupon:
Norsca is £3.32, and some of the Lord packs are ~£2.50 - King & The Warlord for £2.48 for example.

If you're a total war fan who tries to avoid having living tissue you didn't even know existed milked by the Creative Assembly via DLC, it's a good opportunity to get the stuff at actually reasonable prices.

As opposed to the usual "Have a few elves for the price of a top indie game or a discounted AAA title". Though at least they're not Paradox.

Total War Sagas: Britannia is £7.88 on 2Game

2Game are non-grey-market (they feature on Isthereanydeal, which is authorised resellers only) - I've used them before and they're fine.

DOOM (2016) is £3.60 on GamersGate -if you've managed to not play it yet somehow

Epic store has a load of deals. Anything over about £14 gets a £10 off coupon applied. e.g.
Untitled Goose Game £5.99
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw £7.99
Rune II £7.99
Ghost Recon Breakpoint £9.99
Ghost Recon Wildlands £10.99
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey £6.49
Metro Exodus £7.49 (£14.74 with the Season Pass)
Darksiders III £5.29
Outer Wilds £9.99
Close To The Sun £4.99
Beyond: Two Souls £4.39
Watch Dogs 2 £4.99
Plus Outward and The Division 2 as mentioned before.

Beyond: Two Souls has a demo. It's basically an interactive movie with Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe. I normally hate QTE stuff but it's great. And it supports couch coop. Done by the same people as Detroit: Become Human (Quantic Dream)

Bought that after playing the Demo, might get WD2.

Also it looks like the next free Epic game for 1st Jan / week is going to be a Darksiders title. Probably Darksiders II

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So, WOW

Last day of the Epic sale and 3 games are up for grabs:

Darksiders Warmastered Edition:

Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition:

Steep Standard Edition:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I'm all prepared to binge watch it after the Mandalorian. I've still gotta finish off Witcher 3, got stuck quite early on.

Shocklingly I did manage to finish the game and the DLCs and I think every quest in the game too. Too soon for another runthrough but am stoked about the TV show.

So like everyone else, we just went to get our Netflix free trial this evening.

Only to find Netflix axed the tree trial. Exclusively for UK customers from early Dec. Probably because Witcher + Golden Compass in December?

Perhaps the more customer-friendly, and indeed sensible move might have been to keep the free trial and get people hooked on the shows so they sign up for future installments. NowTV got us like that for Game of Thrones and we bought a sub each year. But no, a £ in the hand in the Netflix way, so fine.

We look at the membership plans. Basic for £5.99. Standard one (with HD) for £8.99. Premium (4k) for £11.99. My partner's doing the signup and selects Standard because HD. We get told a nice bonus offer where the first month is upgraded to Premium with the price difference being free.

I open a browser, and notice that Basic is also upgraded to Premium for free. So Netflix are happy to give you a Premium membership for £5.99 for a month, but will take £8.99 for it (or presumably £11.99) off your hands for it if you offer it first.

If you click Back on your browser, you're locked into the plan you picked so can't go back to change to the basic one.

Thankfully netflix seemed to do this via cookies so a quick browser history clear sorted that.

So, 2 great savings for us here:

Saving 1) select Basic membership for your Netflix and you get HD/4k content for no extra cost for the first month

Saving 2) won't be buying Netflix again if that's their attitude to UK customers, so £9 x however many series of Witcher / Dark Materials / Dark Crystal saved as well.

No shortage of other things to see on Prime, which we have for the postage anyway. Have recently started Heroes. Which I was pleased is now on Amazon Prime because whenever I try to buy iHeroes on bluray, the stores have always failed to post it and I end up getting refunds :S

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Shocklingly I did manage to finish the game and the DLCs and I think every quest in the game too. Too soon for another runthrough but am stoked about the TV show.

So like everyone else, we just went to get our Netflix free trial this evening.

Only to find Netflix axed the tree trial. Exclusively for UK customers from early Dec. Probably because Witcher + Golden Compass in December?

Perhaps the more customer-friendly, and indeed sensible move might have been to keep the free trial and get people hooked on the shows so they sign up for future installments. NowTV got us like that for Game of Thrones and we bought a sub each year. But no, a £ in the hand in the Netflix way, so fine.

We look at the membership plans. Basic for £5.99. Standard one (with HD) for £8.99. Premium (4k) for £11.99. My partner's doing the signup and selects Standard because HD. We get told a nice free offer where the first month is upgraded to Premium with the price difference being free.

I open a browser, and notice that Basic is also upgraded to Premium for free. So Netflix are happy to give you a Premium membership for £5.99 for a month, but will take £8.99 for it (or presumably £11.99) off your hands for it if you offer it first.

If you click Back on your browser, you're locked into the plan you picked so can't go back to change to the basic one.

Thankfully netflix seemed to do this via cookies so a quick browser history clear sorted that.

So, great savings for us here:

Saving 1) select Basic membership for your Netflix and you get HD/4k content for no extra cost for the first month

Saving 2) won't be buying Netflix again if that's their attitude to UK customers, so £9 x however many series of Witcher / Dark Materials / Dark Crystal saved as well.

No shortage of other things to see on Prime. Have recently started Heroes. Which I was pleased is now on Amazon Prime because whenever I try to buy it on bluray, the stores have always failed to post it and I end up getting refunds :S
That's naughty of netflix and surprises me a little.

Regarding Witcher 3, there's a new mod out called "Redux" which slightly changes the game mechanics, and is apparently a superb way to have a second playthrough, makes it feel like a different game.

It's available on Nexus mods:

I think they specifically target it for AFTER you've seen the series, as it makes it more relatable to what you've seen on that.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Faeria is also on free on Epic till 27th Feb 2020
Thanks for the pointer.... I really am consistently blown away by Epic's offerings. I really thought it was just going to be a one off them giving away such great games, but it's been going on for a while now!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
More free games, this time on Epic Store:

Offworld Trading Company: RTS from Civilisation IV lead designer, looks good

And GoNNER which is a weird looking platformer, looks quite interesting

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Grabbed them both but Offworld Trading looks right up my alley. I loved the original Starcraft. Might not be quite as much violence in this one, and more strategy, but looks good anyway.