PC Game Deals!

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Pre-order the new Dead Space before it launches later this month and get Dead Space 2 for free. Not a bad idea for those who aren't afraid to change their underwear!

535.gif

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
the original Dead Space 1, 2 and 3 are available on EA play - or on xBox Game Pass - EA Play section. Interested to see if the new one will follow suit :D
EA will almost certainly add the new one to their own service, so it'll be on EA Play. They may hold off on putting it on Game Pass for now, but I suspect it'll be on there eventually.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Ooooo, threebies... that's three freebies... on epic this week.

Divine Knockout (DKO) Standard: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/divine-knockout--standard

First Class Trouble: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/first-class-trouble

Gamedec Difinitive Edition: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/gamedec
The devs have given away First Class Trouble and Gamedec on Humble recently, so it seems they really want more playing them. Gamedec is quite a lot of fun, and there is a copy going in the other thread for the rabidly anti-Epic amongst you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The devs have given away First Class Trouble and Gamedec on Humble recently, so it seems they really want more playing them. Gamedec is quite a lot of fun, and there is a copy going in the other thread for the rabidly anti-Epic amongst you.
First Class looks really cool

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
To celebrate the release of the probably still awful GTA: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition, there's a Rockstar sale on Steam. It seems the games all still need access to the Rockstar Social Club, which presumably means you'll get the Launcher thrown in and it's a big pile of poop.

Some good games on offer though!

CMP01

Enthusiast
To celebrate the release of the probably still awful GTA: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition, there's a Rockstar sale on Steam. It seems the games all still need access to the Rockstar Social Club, which presumably means you'll get the Launcher thrown in and it's a big pile of poop.

Some good games on offer though!

Just threw down on RDR2. I did try it for an afternoon a while back and it was a slow burn, at least to start off.
But GTA5 story mode is finally done with now and, and that was a slow burn, periodic play that took a few years to finish up. Tbh much of my time in GTA5 was side missions, exploring or taking the motor for a long drive with 80's music blasting lol. It's nice to have one or two such games for when more strenuous/high focus things won't do. RDR2 should be much the same chill vibe mostly. More a fall back to, enjoy the vistas, late night cosy hot choc of a game than anything else. It'll also be epic on my desktop and screen, when I get back to it (needs a little maintenance and it's too cold downstairs due to boiler/CH issues)

Anyway, will recommend GTA5 here. It's like every gangster black comedy movie only better.

I'll leave other Rockstar games be, even though I missed GTA4 and earlier 3D ones. GTA1, 2 and London (PS1) and especially Chinatown Wars (NDS) were my bag years ago though. As for that launcher, I had big issues with it around when I lost my original GTA5 save (started in 2016, restarted in 2019, that's partly why it took years to finish) but the last time I had to mess with it, transferring the account etc across PC's and Steam Deck it was easier going.

CMP01

Enthusiast
EA will almost certainly add the new one to their own service, so it'll be on EA Play. They may hold off on putting it on Game Pass for now, but I suspect it'll be on there eventually.

That'd be sweet, save me a few quid buying it outright. But we'll see how it goes, don't want to be down on new Dead Space but we all know how the hot new game can so often turn out these days.
Fwiw though the original 1 and 2 were greats and are still worth the playing, if a little clunky in the way earlier Resident Evil games were. 3 was alright, probably better taken as not a Dead Space game certainly in terms of the story so far etc.

Wololo_n00b

Bronze Level Poster
YOYO! free game this week on Epic is Epistory

I actually picked this up in December in a humble bundle, have only spent a couple hours on it so probs can't give a proper review but I'm enjoying it so far. It's a pretty neat idea for a typing game and I've had fun with it, I prob. would have enjoyed it even more if it was around when I was first learning to type better, but it's still v. satisfying to play imo.

It's only around 1 GB I think so could be worth a try. They made a sequel called nanotale more recently that I have yet to try out too

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ubisoft's return to Steam continues. Now it's the most recent Ghost Recon game Breakpoint on Steam for £10

That's overpriced imho, not a fan of Ubi at all. Been watching some videos by the guys at Bellular, and they reckon they're gonna end up with just a couple of IP's running for years, much the same as Blizzard

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
That's overpriced imho, not a fan of Ubi at all. Been watching some videos by the guys at Bellular, and they reckon they're gonna end up with just a couple of IP's running for years, much the same as Blizzard
Yeah, that very much seems like the direction they're heading in. I was a big Assassin's Creed fan for many years, but the last few games have been massively padded to extend runtime without much content to show for it, so I've not bothered. Beyond Good and Evil 2 would be a game I'd be very much interested in if Ubi ever get around to releasing it - it's been in development hell since at least 2016!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, that very much seems like the direction they're heading in. I was a big Assassin's Creed fan for many years, but the last few games have been massively padded to extend runtime without much content to show for it, so I've not bothered. Beyond Good and Evil 2 would be a game I'd be very much interested in if Ubi ever get around to releasing it - it's been in development hell since at least 2016!
It wouldn't be so bad if they turned the AC into an open world MMORPG really, I could see that being a massive success

CMP01

Enthusiast
First thought, 'ooh a tenner'. But then realised I'd never heard of it, not since GR: Wildlands, and that was some 5 years ago.

Would've asked if anybody knows if it's any good but... well... does it matter...

Next thought, 'but it's Ubi...' (with ALL the potential bothersome malarkey that entails) Some of the reviews over on Steam are rather salty but no surprise tbh.

Ubi can do better. I'll be honest, there's not one single Ubi IP rn that gets the radar pinging. I'd still give beyond Good and Evil 2 a fair chance (well pointed out, ActuallyDenz) but that's been near long enough for me to have forgotten about it. As for an AC MMORPGetc, it'd have quite the competition and work to rise above and last, though yeah... it's one way it might stay relevant too.

Bhuna50

Author Level
2164 hours on The Division
200 hours Ghost Recon Wildlands
Less than 2 hours Breakpoint :D :D :D

Only thing I am waiting to see from Ubisoft now is what mess they are going to make of the Star Wars franchise when it switches to them...

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam

Only thing I am waiting to see from Ubisoft now is what mess they are going to make of the Star Wars franchise when it switches to them...
This isn't a challenge Ubi, but surely they can't be worse than the early EA Star Wars games - that microtransactions fiasco with Battlefront 2 was so bad!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Have they got the rights to the star wars games now??? Noooooo!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Have they got the rights to the star wars games now??? Noooooo!
I'm not entirely sure if they have full rights, but they are certainly doing at least 1 game. The EA deal has expired, and Ubi did put out the following a while back