PCS HDMI cable

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you did want to get a DP cable, I'd recommend UGreen who are on Amazon, they do some superb cables at really reasonable cost considering the quality.

It's worth getting DP 1.4, that will cover you for anything you want to upgrade to in the future.

But for your current requirements, I'd say it's not required, and when you buy a gaming monitor, it will come with one anyway.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If you did want to get a DP cable, I'd recommend UGreen who are on Amazon, they do some superb cables at really reasonable cost considering the quality.

It's worth getting DP 1.4, that will cover you for anything you want to upgrade to in the future.

But for your current requirements, I'd say it's not required, and when you buy a gaming monitor, it will come with one anyway.
My MSI monitor didn't 🤔

Rakk

The Awesome
Do note that for the U2518D, the cable that comes with it is a mini-DP to DP cable, not just the standard DP to DP, as said monitor has a mini-DP port (yes I did just check and look) - presuming we're still talking about this exact U2518D monitor, so yeah I'd double check before ordering any cables for it if DP is decided upon.

Edit: though as noted, the HDMI cable will be fine anyway

Last edited:

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
I checked with Dell about S2421H and S2721H. It comes only with HDMI cables as they don't have DP ports but they come with AMD Sync.

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
None the resolution is more important than the Hz when it comes to pairing GPU's and 1440p is a massive jump from 1080p. I just changed recently myself and it's night and day
I don't think I have a budget for 1440p with 144Hz. Can I meet somewhere in-between like a lower Hz monitor with 1440p eg. 75Hz? Do you have any suggestions? Would that make a big difference from 60Hz? Or should I save up for later?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I don't think I have a budget for 1440p with 144Hz. Can I meet somewhere in-between like a lower Hz monitor with 1440p eg. 75Hz? Do you have any suggestions? Would that make a big difference from 60Hz? Or should I save up for later?
Going down to 1080p would be a downgrade not an upgrade. It would also be a tragic waste of your GPU

What’s your max budget for the monitor? If you don’t have enough now, it’s better to make do with what you’ve got and save up a bit more, the difference between 1080p 144hz and 1440p 144hz is only £100

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Going down to 1080p would be a downgrade not an upgrade. It would also be a tragic waste of your GPU

What’s your max budget for the monitor? If you don’t have enough now, it’s better to make do with what you’ve got and save up a bit more, the difference between 1080p 144hz and 1440p 144hz is only £100
Yeah something like a nice G5 at 27":love:

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster

I understand. I meant to stay at 1440p and upgrade the Hz from 60. My maximum budget would be £180.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I understand. I meant to stay at 1440p and upgrade the Hz from 60. My maximum budget would be £180.
You’d need £300 for anything remotely worthwhile for your system, otherwise you could have spent significantly less on the PC and got exactly the same performance as a 1080p screen just won’t tax your system at all.

Id just make do with what you’ve currently got and save up for the G5 as @Martinr36 says.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
They do sell compatible cables for what you require, you just need to know what HDMI version you require for the monitor / TV that you’re using.

Gamers generally don’t use HDMI anyway, on any gaming monitor you’d use DP.

HDMI is really only for TVs and connecting to audio systems, it’s far less capable than DP

Plus GSync only works over DisplayPort.
GSync works through HDMI, well it does on my LG TV. Only way to connect it to the PC is by HDMI, I use 2.1 cable and the TV is GSync compatible.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
GSync works through HDMI, well it does on my LG TV. Only way to connect it to the PC is by HDMI, I use 2.1 cable and the TV is GSync compatible.
LG don’t have gsync, they’re freesync.GSync compatible means it’s freesync that’s been ruled good enough by nVidia to be named gsync compatible. It’s just a marketing gimmick.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Have you received your PC? It may be worthwhile lowering the GPU and saving the money if you haven't.

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
Have you received your PC? It may be worthwhile lowering the GPU and saving the money if you haven't.
Yes, I got it. I don't want to lower it as I would be using it for AR/VR maybe for work later this year or next. I can get a monitor upgrade later.