power supply

infernocy

Silver Level Poster
what is the Power Consumption of 1gb gtx460 while playing a game not while idle

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
Ive just had an insane idea, say you wanted to SLI one day, what stops u from buying a 350w psu and keeping it outside the case and solely plugging 2x pcie power into the second gpu, nothing else?

Gorman

Author Level
Ive just had an insane idea, say you wanted to SLI one day, what stops u from buying a 350w psu and keeping it outside the case and solely plugging 2x pcie power into the second gpu, nothing else?

This could be rigged, but isnt ideal!

Sleinous

Author Level
Ye, nowhere to put it and you'd have two wires that need to come out of the case somewhere. Ooh, the water cooling refill port haha, and I guess youd need a rack to sit the 2nd PSU on lol...

infernocy

Silver Level Poster
Let say i buy a game legaly and i use no-cd crack , would it still go online without the cd on the drive

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Let say i buy a game legaly and i use no-cd crack , would it still go online without the cd on the drive

What do you mean like if you bought a game from steam? you wouldn't need the CD for that and you don't generally need the CD in the drive after you've installed most modern games now anyway.

infernocy

Silver Level Poster
so its better to buy the 10-blu ray with 16 speed dvd disk? so that option is more value for money since i will not use the cd of the game

i mean change the 24 speed with 16

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
The standard one offers the quickest DVD read and write speeds but if you want to be able to play Blu-Rays then obviously you'll need to pick one of the other 3, if you don't need to write blu-rays then the £49.00 one would be a better choice.

infernocy

Silver Level Poster
yea but since i will play the games without the need of cd so its better too buy the £49 that has blu ray so i will have blu ray too

its 20 less than buy both i checked

i mean the 24 read and the £49 one

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
I don't quite understand what you're saying, if you just want to watch blu-rays the 4xspeed £35 option would be the best idea. You could get the £49 10xspeed one if you wanted the extra speed but I don't think it'll make any difference while watching a blu-ray film.