Pre production working days

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hopefully if yours is in on Friday, mine will be in on Monday at the latest as by the looks of it, you ordered 1 working day before me 🤞
It may not be wise to make these sorts of assumptions, none of us know how PCS organise their build queue. One would expect it to be FIFO but there are several things that could throw that out (large numbers of RMAs for example). I'm sure yours will be built soon but please don't put too much faith in your apparent order in the queue. :)

Wellsy

It may not be wise to make these sorts of assumptions, none of us know how PCS organise their build queue. One would expect it to be FIFO but there are several things that could throw that out (large numbers of RMAs for example). I'm sure yours will be built soon but please don't put too much faith in your apparent order in the queue. :)
I wont get my hopes up, I think deep down I'm expecting another delay

PainterUK

Silver Level Poster
Eeesh, I feel for you guys as I'm now sat in the 'smug git' category of awaiting dispatch. I promise you the elation you'll feel when you get your email saying that it's being built is well worth it.

It really was a bit of a relief. But it means nothing, I've read in another topic someone being in the testing phase since the 17th July until now.. :/ I'll be truly relieved probably 1 month after having the pc working properly. After all, I still need to put the GPU myself and I can mess up the whole thing :D

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It really was a bit of a relief. But it means nothing, I've read in another topic someone being in the testing phase since the 17th July until now.. :/ I'll be truly relieved probably 1 month after having the pc working properly. After all, I still need to put the GPU myself and I can mess up the whole thing :D

Try to remember that more people will come onto a site to complain or raise an issue about something than log on in order to praise something. I imagine it's probably a fairly small percentage of builds that have these problems.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Try to remember that more people will come onto a site to complain or raise an issue about something than log on in order to praise something. I imagine it's probably a fairly small percentage of build that have these problems.
In my fairly long experience on here that's absolutely the case. :)

PainterUK

Silver Level Poster
Try to remember that more people will come onto a site to complain or raise an issue about something than log on in order to praise something. I imagine it's probably a fairly small percentage of build that have these problems.

Yes but I'm counting on my own ability to mess things up, not PCS :p but I think it should be straight forward. Been around 20 years since the last time I have put any component in a desktop. Used to be quite into it before, I remember dismantling my own PSU piece by piece to understand why it wasn't working and then putting everything together again. But now I think I'm developing my interest again, yesterday started researching on watercooling and I think that will be my next step, maybe will start it in a couple of months just for fun.

:oops: oh dear. Mine is supposed to be getting built today but seeing this I'm now wondering if it will be!

Really want to get mine before the weekend. My current one is grinding to a halt now!

Mine has gone into building just now.

Does anyone know the likelyhood of getting it by this weekend?

PainterUK

Silver Level Poster
Mine has gone into building just now.

Does anyone know the likelyhood of getting it by this weekend?

From what I have been told over the phone yesterday, it is very likely. But it may be that we need to get an upgrade for a Saturday delivery, depending on quick the building/testing phases go.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Yes but I'm counting on my own ability to mess things up, not PCS :p but I think it should be straight forward. Been around 20 years since the last time I have put any component in a desktop. Used to be quite into it before, I remember dismantling my own PSU piece by piece to understand why it wasn't working and then putting everything together again. But now I think I'm developing my interest again, yesterday started researching on watercooling and I think that will be my next step, maybe will start it in a couple of months just for fun.

DrJonesgif.gif

You and your GPU 😁

Wellsy

Try to remember that more people will come onto a site to complain or raise an issue about something than log on in order to praise something. I imagine it's probably a fairly small percentage of builds that have these problems.
Just want to make it clear I'm not complaining :) more just excitement getting the better of me.

PCS have been nothing but helpful considering all the changes I've made to my original order, and then with advice given on concerns I've had

PainterUK

Silver Level Poster
Just want to make it clear I'm not complaining :) more just excitement getting the better of me.

PCS have been nothing but helpful considering all the changes I've made to my original order, and then with advice given on concerns I've had

You made me go count the changes I've done.. exactly 34! since the order has been placed :D sorry PCS.. lol

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken

I totally understand that, I was climbing the walls checking every day to see when mine was due to change from pre-production to in building. I certainly feel for the guy who has a PC that's been stuck in testing for 17 days but just wanted to highlight it that his experience (whilst an unhappy one) isn't a true reflection of things and people shouldn't be mentally preparing themselves to be in the same boat.

I very much agree, PCS staff have been great whenever I've dealt with them. And a huge big up to the mods and knowledge fountains that aren't even PCS staff but help us all out every day. You know who you are ;)

Last edited:

Bronze Level Poster
Just received confirmation via LiveChat that my parts have been picked out the warehouse and that my order is "On track" to be built tomorrow.

Im like a kid at christmas

Alex0991

I'm now in testing!! Almost exactly 24 hours from when I received an email for it being built. Let's pray it's dispatched tomorrow in time for a Friday delivery