Pre production working days

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
Hello guys,

I have an order (PC liquid Series) who has been in test for more than 60 hours, while the "normal" times indicated for the tests are 12 to 24 hours... i have no updates on my PCS account...
should I be worried about this situation? any advice to handle my impatience ? :)

If there are problems there should be notes attached to your order. I think the best course of action is to either call them or use live chat to check.

benz78

thx Nick_123, i already tried live chat (with french support), but the advisor had nothing useful to tell me about the testing delay, just "you will receive an email when your order is ready to be shipped" :(

benz78

oh, i just noticed on the website that LiquidSeries has an extensive testing procedure (24-hour leak & pressure test before the power is connected + 48-hour burn-in test) so finally it looks like a normal delay ... which reassures me a little :)

Mine arrived just before lunch, got it all set up with a few games downloaded and tested and it’s running like a dream :) For those still waiting for their systems, form order to delivery it took mine 21 working days but let me tell you, It’s well worth the wait!!

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
oh, i just noticed on the website that LiquidSeries has an extensive testing procedure (24-hour leak & pressure test before the power is connected + 48-hour burn-in test) so finally it looks like a normal delay ... which reassures me a little :)

Try not to be too disheartened. It‘s better that it is tested properly than rushed out with problems. Once it arrives you’ll be delighted and forget all about the delays.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello guys,

I have an order (PC liquid Series) who has been in test for more than 60 hours, while the "normal" times indicated for the tests are 12 to 24 hours... i have no updates on my PCS account...
should I be worried about this situation? any advice to handle my impatience ? :)
Liquid series take substantially more time in testing.

JohnWalton981

Silver Level Poster
Its here :love:
20200812_195126.jpg

20200812_195228.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The Dell one i posted in the other thread. A S2721DGF. Doing Windows update it looks pretty good, I'd say a solid 150fps 🤣
That photo makes it look like an ultrawide which confused me.

It's very nice.

Get those updates installed and then GET YOUR GAME ON!!!! 🤪 I'm on night shift atm so will be gaming until the wee hours also :)

JohnWalton981

Silver Level Poster
That photo makes it look like an ultrawide which confused me.

It's very nice.

Get those updates installed and then GET YOUR GAME ON!!!! 🤪 I'm on night shift atm so will be gaming until the wee hours also :)
Wide angle... makes the short look long, if you know what I mean🍆:D

I'll probably not get a chance. I start work at 7!

SimMou

Eeesh, I feel for you guys as I'm now sat in the 'smug git' category of awaiting dispatch. I promise you the elation you'll feel when you get your email saying that it's being built is well worth it.
WARNING ⚠️ Do not get over-excited by the any message saying it’s going into build.

Mine was in build for just two hours before going into Test. That was on August 4. It’s now Aug 13 and it’s still in Test. In all that time, PCS have not initiated any communication about what is causing the delay and enquiries made by three of their agents following my phone calls have yielded only platitudes. It’ll be ready when it’s ready and they’re testing it is fast as they can. Apparently, I should just be thankful they’re not sending it out with faults!

JohnWalton981

Silver Level Poster
WARNING ⚠ Do not get over-excited by the any message saying it’s going into build.

Mine was in build for just two hours before going into Test. That was on August 4. It’s now Aug 13 and it’s still in Test. In all that time, PCS have not initiated any communication about what is causing the delay and enquiries made by three of their agents following my phone calls have yielded only platitudes. It’ll be ready when it’s ready and they’re testing it is fast as they can. Apparently, I should just be thankful they’re not sending it out with faults!
This is saddening to hear. I hope it gets resolved soon. Although, my build took 2 days in test and it still isn't without some minor physical issues so hopefully yours is bulletproof testing for this long! Is it a liquid cooled build?

marklcfc

Gold Level Poster
After 3 weeks of changing the spec mines been built and is in testing now. I'm still not sure I've made the right choices, but I'm so indecisive about these things, I've changed the graphics card and cooler about 5 times each in the past few weeks alone they must be fed up of refunding my credit notes 🤦‍♂️

benz78

After 3 weeks of changing the spec mines been built and is in testing now. I'm still not sure I've made the right choices, but I'm so indecisive about these things, I've changed the graphics card and cooler about 5 times each in the past few weeks alone they must be fed up of refunding my credit notes 🤦‍♂️

at the end you have to make a choice otherwise you never do anything :) So you can post your final config ?

marklcfc

Gold Level Poster
CaseSend In Your Own Case
Case Model:Fractal Design Define 7 Compact
Case From:
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.4GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 SUPER - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive500GB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingNoctua NH-U14S Ultra Quiet Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
LED LightingNONE
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserGoogle Chrome™
Warranty3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
DeliverySTANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build TimeStandard Build - Approximately 21 to 23 working days

marklcfc

Gold Level Poster
A few things though.
Initially I had the 3700x and 1660 super, but downgraded to the 3600x and went up to the 2060 super. I decided I'm not fussed about having the best and just want something better than what I have for now that will last for some time. From everything I read this was a better combination.

I also had the x570 motherboards for weeks but decided to downgrade to the b550 (this was originally suggested) as part of moving down to the 3600x. I was a little concerned about the fan on the x570 and I didn't need pci4 so I just thought it was a better fit.

I had the H100i cooler for a long time. I decided to stick with the air cooler for the 3600x. I think it only just fits inside my case but at least I don't have to worry about leakages. I hope it will provide enough cooling though?
I had standard paste also as the H100i came with its own. But after asking on chat about the Noctua they suggested to go for the MX-4, even though I read the Noctua paste was good I wasn't given a definite answer as to what paste they were going to use if I stuck to standard.

I had LED strips but since putting the Nochua in, its not the best looking cooler so I thought I'd give it a miss. The computer will be on the floor anyway.

I wanted the 1TB Samsung EVO ssd drive as my storage but they only have 500gb in EVO form. I've stuck with that and will maybe upgrade that to 1TB at some point. This was one area I was struggling with most, alot of people recommended HDD but I couldn't get my head around it, as the one I have now is noisy and the main point of having a computer made was that I wanted a quieter machine.

After all that I think the only part I didn't change was the Ram :oops: