Pre-Production...

Donnie_Brasco

I’ve been in pre-production for 15 days now. Nothing seems to be happening. The parts I’ve ordered are said to be in limited stock , but the expected build date is the 3rd of February.
Is this normal, as I highly doubt that it’ll be ready then.

viniboi9

Just called them and they said there’s 1500 computers in front of mine in pre production. Mines been in pre production for 19 working days. He also said they build around 100-200 per day.

Didn‘t know they had THAT many orders 😱

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Just called them and they said there’s 1500 computers in front of mine in pre production. Mines been in pre production for 19 working days. He also said they build around 100-200 per day.

Didn‘t know they had THAT many orders [emoji33]
There was a point towards the end of last year when there were 5000 orders on the books.

Donnie_Brasco

That’s crazy! When is yours expected

Bhuna50

Author Level

They not only supply direct to the public that have ordered through their website, but they supply several retailers who probably have large orders in - Currys, Littlewoods, Very to name some of the ones I have seen. Also, I believe all orders from abroad are built here in the UK (not100% sure on that but looks like most are).

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

yeah they have a high turnover of PC's its not a small backstreet place

Cobblers

Enthusiast
Well to give a further idea onn estimates... for a week or two now the estimate stated 2nd Feb.

As of this morning a new one came through to say 1st Feb.

However, after speaking to Jamie yesterday (in reply to a previous message I sent to him) he reckon'd the system was due for building in a week and a half.

Either one is fine for me, though of course I would prefer to have the system sooner rather than later. It is what it is and I'll enjoy it whenever the thing turns up.

RobertGordon427

Depending on what components you’ve ordered it’s currently up to around 75 working days before it goes into build
I'm waiting for a 3070. Big pile of wishful thinking here, but is there any way to know if they have one in stock for my build? Does it work that way - allocation based on order date?

I'm waiting for a 3070. Big pile of wishful thinking here, but is there any way to know if they have one in stock for my build? Does it work that way - allocation based on order date?
From what I understand orders are prioritised by order date once all the parts are in stock.

Basically if your next in line and all your parts are in stock you will go into build. However if your PC is waiting for the GPU for example they will build the next PC order in line in which they have all the parts for.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
From what I understand orders are prioritised by order date once all the parts are in stock.

Basically if your next in line and all your parts are in stock you will go into build. However if your PC is waiting for the GPU for example they will build the next PC order in line in which they have all the parts for.
yeah the original order date of the system, not of the one part

Donnie_Brasco

Just went into building today. I have one question tho. Do they start to build even if a component is missing? I’m worrying that they might have my AMD gpu out of stock