Premier League Gone Mad

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
What’s going on?

Chelsea are in a free fall that is vaguely humorous but ultimately cringeworthy.

Arsenal had the title in their grasp but have slowly collapsed like a flan in a cupboard.

Brighton are playing amazing football and are rapidly becoming a lot of people’s second team.

West Ham are flirting with a European title but are also farting about near the relegation zone.

Leeds have gone from having one of the game’s most respected managers in Bielsa, replacing him with Ted Lasso… and now Big Sam has taken the reins.

Is it just me or is this one of the most bizarre EPL seasons on record? I’m half expecting someone taking a dump in the penalty area before the end of May.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Also, I am loving this…

B15F4F07-3242-41A0-B422-2B7CC940D24B.jpeg

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well if you think about it it all makes sense

Chelsea had the whole owner removal thing, board spent a tonne of money on players before finalising a manager then now have the worst manager in the history of management appointed to see them to the end of the season for some reason. Circus but their current situation is expected with the decisions they've made

Arsenal have a really really young team, they just don't have the experience to carry them through the hardest part of any season the last 8 games. Unfortunately this is when the grind comes in the older players usually take the younger players by the scruff and drag them over the line. Can't happen when you have like 2 senior players, Arsenal are going to be scary in 2-3 years though when those players start to mature

Fair play Brighton is all I can say, I think Forest had a good showing of themselves too but are paying the price for such an attacking team in a bigger league. They play great football but at the cost of defensive holes. They also spent a clean fortune for a team of their size so if they don't stay up they'll be in serious bother going forward

Leeds are where I expected them to be and honestly Big Sam has made a career off keeping teams in the prem and he's absolutely brilliant at it in fairness.

West Ham have been building this for a few seasons now, I think they'll do well not to get gutted this season but they have a good crop of young players who are hungry. I'd say if they can hang onto some key players like Rice they'll have a good season next year as well

The biggest shock to me is Everton. They look to be going down which would honestly be a massive shame. Only 3 teams have won more league titles than them and they've been a mainstay in the prem and league 1 since it's inception. That to me will be the real shock because they don't look like they'll be able to stay up

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
UTD v Brighton tonight as well, Rashford coming of age has been a revelation and as a life long United fan I can't praise Man City no matter how impressive De Bruyne and Haaland are. We have a chance to prevent the treble but I think our hopes sadly lie in Real to stop that train

Just shows what you can do by spending 200Bil and breaking any and all rules around financial fair play eh?

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
The biggest shock to me is Everton. They look to be going down which would honestly be a massive shame. Only 3 teams have won more league titles than them and they've been a mainstay in the prem and league 1 since it's inception. That to me will be the real shock because they don't look like they'll be able to stay up
Considering we stayed up second to last game of the season last year and then sold our top goalscorer without really replacing him, I'm not shocked to see us back down where we are.

During the World Cup, I worked out the points per game of the team in 17th and it came out as they'd end the season on 36 points. It's been around that kind of mark more or less ever since. By that reckoning, we need another 7 or 8 points from our final 4 games to stay up. Brighton, City, Wolves & Bournemouth left. I can see where we might get the points, but can also see reasons why we wouldn't get the points at the same time.

Sod's law we'll stuff City and lose the last two!

No club is too big to go down, and it certainly seems like it is our turn. We are one of the historic big boys in England and I'm immensely proud of that. We'll remain one of the big boys for a little while yet whatever happens:

Capture.JPG

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Well if you think about it it all makes sense

Chelsea had the whole owner removal thing, board spent a tonne of money on players before finalising a manager then now have the worst manager in the history of management appointed to see them to the end of the season for some reason. Circus but their current situation is expected with the decisions they've made

Arsenal have a really really young team, they just don't have the experience to carry them through the hardest part of any season the last 8 games. Unfortunately this is when the grind comes in the older players usually take the younger players by the scruff and drag them over the line. Can't happen when you have like 2 senior players, Arsenal are going to be scary in 2-3 years though when those players start to mature

Fair play Brighton is all I can say, I think Forest had a good showing of themselves too but are paying the price for such an attacking team in a bigger league. They play great football but at the cost of defensive holes. They also spent a clean fortune for a team of their size so if they don't stay up they'll be in serious bother going forward

Leeds are where I expected them to be and honestly Big Sam has made a career off keeping teams in the prem and he's absolutely brilliant at it in fairness.

West Ham have been building this for a few seasons now, I think they'll do well not to get gutted this season but they have a good crop of young players who are hungry. I'd say if they can hang onto some key players like Rice they'll have a good season next year as well

Intelligent words that offer a sensible, well measured train of thought… you shouldn’t really be on forums with that attitude.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Today‘s three matches are/were really entertaining (5:3, 5:1)…including the Forest vs Southampton one on now (3:2)

Why oh why do these teams save this sort of performance until they’re at risk of relegation???

Last edited:

QH7

Bronze Level Poster
Today‘s three matches are/were really entertaining (5:3, 5:1)…including the Forest vs Southampton one on now (3:2)

Why oh why do these teams save this sort of performance until they’re at risk of relegation???
Because they remember that going down will lead to pay cuts specified in their contracts 🤣

RichardDavies99

Bronze Level Poster
3 promoted teams in prem next year

Burnley
Sheffield united
and wait what, luton town? is this the 80s all over again?

80s Dance GIF - 80s Dance PlaceIsPumpin - Discover & Share GIFs
I think Luton are the only team who in the last 40 years have gone down all the divisions to non-league status & back again!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It appears we're not dead and buried yet. Still it's the hope that kills you...
Well… you’ve done it again, another great escape! In Dyche we trust, eh?

If any regular contributors have excess fingernails available, please think about donating. Our boy Denz hasn’t been able to bite his own for over three years. He has to walk eight miles to find other fingernails and he lives in the northwest; those nails are unsanitary and could make him severely unwell.

For just one fingernail a month, you could help a young man cope as his club slides from mediocrity to out and out self destruction.

*Lampards need not apply, you’ve already done enough damage.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well… you’ve done it again, another great escape! In Dyche we trust, eh?

If any regular contributors have excess fingernails available, please think about donating. Our boy Denz hasn’t been able to bite his own for over three years. He has to walk eight miles to find other fingernails and he lives in the northwest; those nails are unsanitary and could make him severely unwell.

For just one fingernail a month, you could help a young man cope as his club slides from mediocrity to out and out self destruction.

*Lampards need not apply, you’ve already done enough damage.
If I was an Everton fan (they’re my 2nd team after Liverpool)…then I’d invest in some edible false nails.

I had all three matches on across Sky Sports app on the Mac, BT Sport on TV, and Sky Sports iPad app 🫣