Premier League Gone Mad

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
As long as nothing happens to Man City all teams should simply refuse to speak to them at all. Just a hard no until there are consequences for others I wouldn't accept a thing they say

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
a perfect meme for @SpyderTracks view on football :LOL:

742eb19e5e09f8bd31ce06b612eac5b0.jpg

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Do you think they will stay up?

going to be interesting, Luton have a chance considering where they were at the start of the season, so far they have 19 points, homer still thinks luton will probably go down, but, with the everton situation plus man city and notts Forrest things are all to play for.

Last edited:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Do you think they will stay up?
I kinda hope they don't stay up as Everton would be the team likely to be going down if Luton do stay up. I think Sheffield United and Burnley are pretty much down already, although it's not quite mathematically there yet.

Luton's points per game adds up to just over 34 over a season at the moment, while Everton's is 31. Any team going beyond around 35 or 36 are probably going to be safe.

One thing that does worry me about Luton's result last night is the boost it's given their goal difference!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
newcastle 4 - 4 luton :oops:
We got a decent point yesterday, but was really hoping that Newcastle would do us a favour and win that one. With Forest playing today and Luton's abandoned game still to be replayed, getting out of the relegation zone is out of our hands for the moment as both teams have played a game less.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
We got a decent point yesterday, but was really hoping that Newcastle would do us a favour and win that one. With Forest playing today and Luton's abandoned game still to be replayed, getting out of the relegation zone is out of our hands for the moment as both teams have played a game less.

palace seem dreadful at the moment, fans are annoyed and they seem as if they are struggling

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
palace seem dreadful at the moment, fans are annoyed and they seem as if they are struggling
2 wins and 3 losses in the last 5 isn't great, but it's better form than Everton's at the moment. I think the half a dozen points that Palace have gotten more than the teams below them would be enough for the kind of form they're in at the moment to keep them out of trouble. If the wins dry up though, they could be in for a rough ride!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
2 wins and 3 losses in the last 5 isn't great, but it's better form than Everton's at the moment. I think the half a dozen points that Palace have gotten more than the teams below them would be enough for the kind of form they're in at the moment to keep them out of trouble. If the wins dry up though, they could be in for a rough ride!

chelsea after spending what seems like gazillions seem to be getting worse

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Title race is most open it's been in years - a whole 3 clubs might win it instead of the usual 2!

Sheffield United and Burnley are probably down, but it's interesting to see as many as 5 teams battling it out not to finish 18th. Everton's second points deduction is going to be interesting once we know how big it is.

If 6 is the baseline, as seems to now be the established starting point, then we should get 2 points off for assisting this hearing (same as Forest did) and potentially another 2 points off considering we've already been punished for 2 of the 3 seasons currently being looked at. Another 2 point deduction is certainly survivable in this season, especially after we've got 4 points in our last 3 games!