Premier League Gone Mad

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
on a worrying note for football in general

Given Christian Eriksen didn't play for more than a year after his collapse and Tom Lockyer collapsed during the playoffs in May this year, I worry that he rushed back too soon. I hope for the sake of his health he considers retiring. By all accounts he's incredibly popular at Luton and I'm sure they'll find a role for him, coach or some other backroom role.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Given Christian Eriksen didn't play for more than a year after his collapse and Tom Lockyer collapsed during the playoffs in May this year, I worry that he rushed back too soon. I hope for the sake of his health he considers retiring. By all accounts he's incredibly popular at Luton and I'm sure they'll find a role for him, coach or some other backroom role.

considering he is 29 retiring maybe the best course of action, as hes not say 19, he has played some of his football career already.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
one for @ActuallyDenz

csae - Copy.png

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
came across this, mental really,

scott carson, signed to man city although is 3rd ish choice keeper,

so far his won while signed

3 x Premier League
1 X Champions League
1 x FA Cup
2 x League Cup
1 x Community Shield
1 x Super Cup
1x Club World Cup

and hes only played 107 minutes of football for man city, so hes basically won everything while having next to zero playing time

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Gomes has still got it! You were unlucky not to get anything from this game
If we had a better finisher (like Son!!!), we've probably have won the game.

I don't think Gomes is quite the player he was before the ankle break and Lampard didn't seem to rate him so loaned him out. As a player who offers the midfield something a little different, I think he's shown he definitely still has a role to play for us. I'm pleased he's had the opportunity to show that for us!

SiAdams

If we had a better finisher (like Son!!!), we've probably have won the game.

I don't think Gomes is quite the player he was before the ankle break and Lampard didn't seem to rate him so loaned him out. As a player who offers the midfield something a little different, I think he's shown he definitely still has a role to play for us. I'm pleased he's had the opportunity to show that for us!
What did you think of the disallowed goal?

I think it was a bit harsh. If players feel a slight knock they go down now. Looking at VAR I'm still undecided.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
What did you think of the disallowed goal?

I think it was a bit harsh. If players feel a slight knock they go down now. Looking at VAR I'm still undecided.
If I can't watch a game, I usually listen to Everton's own radio coverage of their games on the website. The coverage is often biased as hell, but I wouldn't have it any other way - the commentary team is one of Everton's communication's staff and an ex-player. The ex-player felt that it wasn't a foul watching in normal speed, but pretty much everything looks like a foul in slow motion replay, and so he wasn't surprised that both the ref and assistant ref waved play on, but VAR jumped in for the challenge to be looked at again. Having seen the incident myself both on MOTD and clips from other angles on social media, I feel it was a bit harsh. If the goal hadn't been scored (shot ballooned into row Z or whatever!), VAR probably wouldn't have flagged up the challenge and it'd have been a goal kick to restart the game.

A lot of these kinds of decisions do seem to be going against us at the moment, but I'm hoping that just means that we'll get all these kinds of decisions going our way in April and May allowing us to charge up the table.

SiAdams

If I can't watch a game, I usually listen to Everton's own radio coverage of their games on the website. The coverage is often biased as hell, but I wouldn't have it any other way - the commentary team is one of Everton's communication's staff and an ex-player. The ex-player felt that it wasn't a foul watching in normal speed, but pretty much everything looks like a foul in slow motion replay, and so he wasn't surprised that both the ref and assistant ref waved play on, but VAR jumped in for the challenge to be looked at again. Having seen the incident myself both on MOTD and clips from other angles on social media, I feel it was a bit harsh. If the goal hadn't been scored (shot ballooned into row Z or whatever!), VAR probably wouldn't have flagged up the challenge and it'd have been a goal kick to restart the game.

A lot of these kinds of decisions do seem to be going against us at the moment, but I'm hoping that just means that we'll get all these kinds of decisions going our way in April and May allowing us to charge up the table.
Yeah you are due some luck. To be honest Everton have bounced back well considering the points deduction. Imagine if those points hadn't been deducted. You would be above Chelsea right?

I do feel VAR has ruined the game. Obviously i enjoy it when it goes our way but sometimes it feels like they check for anything to give a foul / disallowed goal. I remember our game against Fulham at the start of the season. The goal was disallowed because Harry was offside but didn't touch the ball, however before that there was checks on a few other satiations where they were what felt like trying their best to disallow it.

Man City will be tough tomorrow but they haven't being playing well so wouldn't surprise me if you get something from it.