Premier League Gone Mad

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
It's a bad time to be a manchester united fan 🤣 where do we go from here?

yeah interesting one that,

players that were signed on the whole are not that brilliant, it does look as if man city have a philosophy while man united seem a bit flat, what man united should do is what they did in the Ferguson era, concentrate on the academy, bring players through while supplementing them with 3 or four world class players, also need a manager who knows how to handle players, the silliness with sancho needs looking at, dropping a player for good of that value is not a great idea.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

players that were signed on the whole are not that brilliant, it does look as if man city have a philosophy while man united seem a bit flat, what man united should do is what they did in the Ferguson era, concentrate on the academy, bring players through while supplementing them with 3 or four world class players, also need a manager who knows how to handle players, the silliness with sancho needs looking at, dropping a player for good of that value is not a great idea.
Factor in the fact we haven't had a consistent starting 11 at all this year particularly in defence and midfield due to injuries explains a fair bit to be honest

McGuire turning a new leaf and playing well the past two months was one of the big reasons we aren't much worse off than we currently are, but as long as we keep having to play players like McTominay or Evans we have no chance. Evans (athough big fan and glad to see him back, should have never been forced out) is just too old and McTominay is good for the odd goal and giving away penalties other than that he's no use at all

Been a rough rough watch, but managers need time. Klopp finished 8th his first two seasons with Liverpool, Arteta had a worse record until it clicked but Utd finished 3rd got champs league and a trophy last year but Ten Hag is a dud apparently? Makes no sense, give him time let him get a consistent team together of actual starting players and I'll judge him

SiAdams

I honestly don't think changing the manager is going to solve anything. We keep doing this and end up in the same position.

I think Ten Hag is trying to impose disciplinary which i believe has been a massive issue in the team. Look at Rashford now. Doesn't track back, body language etc I know its seems harsh on Sancho but there have been talks of players turning up late constantly and him being one of them.

Some decisions he has made really baffle me though like Playing Martial.

I think the manager needs time. We got beat against Bayern but we played as a team. We looked like a unit but yes no goal threat at all.

It is what it is. It is worrying times for us but I do feel Ten hag is the right man for the job.

I feel we need a big clear out and yes agree with you, bring in the academy players. That Mainoo looks like a proper player doesn't he.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
I think Ten Hag is trying to impose disciplinary which i believe has been a massive issue in the team. Look at Rashford now. Doesn't track back, body language etc I know its seems harsh on Sancho but there have been talks of players turning up late constantly and him being one of them.

my view is yes discipline is essential, but i do wonder if that era has gone when some character of players are now multi millionaires, and really there view is as long as Im making money and living the lifestyle, when you also consider man united had mourinho and van gaal who were also focused on discipline, it seems many players dont seem very interested to play for the badge, its an odd one when you consider, I also dont think when ed woodward was there that helped the situation, best combo in the different era was Ferguson and david gill/martin edwards.

be hilarious if they bought roy keane in and he just laid into everyone, :ROFLMAO:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
It feels as though there's too many different groups/individuals in charge of United's transfer policy: some transfers are happening at Ten Hag's request (Onana, Antony), some are clearly being made with their marketing potential being the forefront consideration (Ronaldo, maybe Casemiro), while the team accountants seem to be blocking transfers that don't suit them (Ten Hag was apparently desperate for Kane once him leaving Spurs was confirmed).

That kind of piecemeal approach to transfers is damaging as there's clearly been transfer windows where United have needed particular positions in the squad filling, only for them to buy players for other positions leaving no balance to the squad. Examples like this are part of why Everton are in the financial situation we are in - the summer of 2017 being a classic example where we bought 3 players whose best position was at Number 10 - Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson.

Liverpool seem to have a good structure in that there's a transfer committee which all seem to be on the same page and so it's rare for Liverpool to make a howler of a transfer and a fair bit of joined up thinking about who they do target.

SiAdams

It feels as though there's too many different groups/individuals in charge of United's transfer policy: some transfers are happening at Ten Hag's request (Onana, Antony), some are clearly being made with their marketing potential being the forefront consideration (Ronaldo, maybe Casemiro), while the team accountants seem to be blocking transfers that don't suit them (Ten Hag was apparently desperate for Kane once him leaving Spurs was confirmed).

That kind of piecemeal approach to transfers is damaging as there's clearly been transfer windows where United have needed particular positions in the squad filling, only for them to buy players for other positions leaving no balance to the squad. Examples like this are part of why Everton are in the financial situation we are in - the summer of 2017 being a classic example where we bought 3 players whose best position was at Number 10 - Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson.

Liverpool seem to have a good structure in that there's a transfer committee which all seem to be on the same page and so it's rare for Liverpool to make a howler of a transfer and a fair bit of joined up thinking about who they do target.
Very true. I would love to know who is making these decisions. Some like you say have been Ten Haag's and haven't worked out. I never understood the fascination in Mount. To be fair though, and most will disagree with me but Antony looks like he's finding some form. Very one footed but last few games he's actually taking people on 🤣 I know that's his job!

It's a pleasure to see Everton winning their last few games. Whatever happened to Sigurdson? I assume he was found guilty for those claims?

I think one of the problems at United is that its run as a business and not football club. Like you say some signing are purely for shirt sales.

Are Everton being bought out by an American firm? Not heard much more on that lately

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Very true. I would love to know who is making these decisions. Some like you say have been Ten Haag's and haven't worked out. I never understood the fascination in Mount. To be fair though, and most will disagree with me but Antony looks like he's finding some form. Very one footed but last few games he's actually taking people on 🤣 I know that's his job!

It's a pleasure to see Everton winning their last few games. Whatever happened to Sigurdson? I assume he was found guilty for those claims?

I think one of the problems at United is that its run as a business and not football club. Like you say some signing are purely for shirt sales.

Are Everton being bought out by an American firm? Not heard much more on that lately
According to the rumours, Antony was originally going to be around £45 to £50m which I would say is probably a fairer valuation, he's not played anywhere near as well as you'd expect from a £90m player and I wonder if the price tag has hung over him a little.

Police dropped the charges against Sigurdsson after nearly 18 months of investigation and is now playing in Denmark.

The Premier League, FA and government are currently looking over 777 Partner's books to see if they've actually got enough money to buy us, or if they're going to do the same kind of leveraged buyout the Glazers did, or even worse. I think the prospective owners were hoping the deal would go through before Christmas, but these things take time, especially when 777 own multiple clubs and seemingly have a range of subsiduaries and other levels of complexity in their structures. I suspect they're more likely to be dodgy than legit, but time will tell.

SiAdams

He's a Madison this one baffled me something serious. His best ever season with Chelsea was fairly mediocre in all regards
I don't think he's injured either. Something odd about the whole situation.

I agree, I never rated him and I think everyone could see this coming.

Not looking forward to Sunday at all.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
the summer of 2017 being a classic example where we bought 3 players whose best position was at Number 10 - Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson.

moise kean wasnt the signing everton thought he would be either 2 goals in 32 at everton

I bet @SpyderTracks is looking at this thread in the same way a cat looks at math

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
moise kean wasnt the signing everton thought he would be either 2 goals in 32 at everton
We sold him for more than we bought him for though, so that made at least some financial sense. Buying multiple players for a single position is madness however you look at it!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
We sold him for more than we bought him for though, so that made at least some financial sense. Buying multiple players for a single position is madness however you look at it!

i can see why they do it though for depth of squad, injuries etc

man unitd have a fair few out or only half fit

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
I only visit the vinyl thread for the toes!

dont we all

Looking Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers - Find & Share ...