Query re Order Process

FerrariVie

Super Star
Hi, I've posted the link from my Firestrike Benchmark to your thread as promised :) Hope it helps, sorry its late, I've been too busy playing with my new toy :)
Hey Claire, since you've been so helpful so far, would you mind helping us once more? Everyone seems to be curious (fine... myself included :D ) about the max GPU wattage of the new Elimina laptops and as you're the first forum member to get your hands on one, we'll be very grateful if you could check that for us.

Instructions:
Download Hwinfo64 (beta or portable versions recommended). Run it with sensors-only and it will show all current, min and max data like voltages, temps and other. Scroll down until you will see the section for your GPU, it will have "GPU Power" which will show the power consumption, constantly updating its values. Leave it running and then run some game benchmark (like 3DMark you'd previously ran), then after the benchmark finishes, you will see maximum power that your GPU can reach. (y)

Based on your performance on Firestrike, I'm assuming it's going to be 115 W max power.

YogiC75

Hey Claire, since you've been so helpful so far, would you mind helping us once more? Everyone seems to be curious (fine... myself included :D ) about the max GPU wattage of the new Elimina laptops and as you're the first forum member to get your hands on one, we'll be very grateful if you could check that for us.

Instructions:
Download Hwinfo64 (beta or portable versions recommended). Run it with sensors-only and it will show all current, min and max data like voltages, temps and other. Scroll down until you will see the section for your GPU, it will have "GPU Power" which will show the power consumption, constantly updating its values. Leave it running and then run some game benchmark (like 3DMark you'd previously ran), then after the benchmark finishes, you will see maximum power that your GPU can reach. (y)

Based on your performance on Firestrike, I'm assuming it's going to be 115 W max power.
Sure, I should be able to get round to it later on today 👍

(I'm not going to accidentally blow up my new toy am I? 😱)

FerrariVie

Super Star
Sure, I should be able to get round to it later on today 👍

(I'm not going to accidentally blow up my new toy am I? 😱)
Hahahaha, of course not. Hwinfo is just a sensor monitoring software, so it won't do anything with your PC, just monitor all the sensors (power, temperature, etc.) while you're using it. I don't keep it open all the time as it can use around 1% of CPU to monitor all that, so just run it when I want to check something out.

Thank you!

YogiC75

Hahahaha, of course not. Hwinfo is just a sensor monitoring software, so it won't do anything with your PC, just monitor all the sensors (power, temperature, etc.) while you're using it. I don't keep it open all the time as it can use around 1% of CPU to monitor all that, so just run it when I want to check something out.

Thank you!
No problem, thought I'd better check 🤣

Will post when done!

YogiC75

Not sure if I've done this correctly, but here's the file I saved, after running Firestrike alongside...

Macco26

Expert
Here... where exactly? :giggle:

If anything a screencapture of the program while hovering the part about the GPU should be enough, no need for logging, I guess.

YogiC75

Here... where exactly? :giggle:

If anything a screencapture of the program while hovering the part about the GPU should be enough, no need for logging, I guess.
Sorry, i clicked attach file, it was a .csv but it obviously hasn't worked 🤔

YogiC75

Go for the screenshot grab: Win + Shift + S for the win!
Have closed the Sensor info screen now, and the .csv file which i saved, looks different, and doesn't have all the headings the same (sorry...), I've emailed the file to @FerrariVie if need be, i'll run the whole thing again in a bit, and then i'll remember to screenshot (Just making lunch now for the home schooling people :ROFLMAO: )

FerrariVie

Super Star
Have closed the Sensor info screen now, and the .csv file which i saved, looks different, and doesn't have all the headings the same (sorry...), I've emailed the file to @FerrariVie if need be, i'll run the whole thing again in a bit, and then i'll remember to screenshot (Just making lunch now for the home schooling people :ROFLMAO: )
I've taken a look at that, but unfortunately it only had 8 seconds of data logged :p

No worries, there's no rush. Whenever you have some time, just open the tool with the "sensors-only" option, then leave it open and run the benchmark again. After the bench is finished, then just go and take a screen of the GPU power of the sensors page. It should look like this:
1612788592810.png

Macco26

Expert
It seems a GPU Max-Q at 80W, I think the same chassis from Clevo got benchmarked by Hardware Unboxed yt channel 1 week ago, then. Pretty capable for being just 80W. Cheap on the bill, yet beating the 2070 Super Max-P of past year? Noice.

You can find the same review but in written form in the Techspot website. Comparing the Intel + 80W GPU with an AMD + 115W. And the former, aka Elimina, was pretty capable head to head to the beefier one.

FerrariVie

Super Star
It seems a GPU Max-Q at 80W, I think the same chassis from Clevo got benchmarked by Hardware Unboxed yt channel 1 week ago, then. Pretty capable for being just 80W. Cheap on the bill, yet beating the 2070 Super Max-P of past year? Noice.

You can find the same review but in written form in the Techspot website. Comparing the Intel + 80W GPU with an AMD + 115W. And the former, aka Elimina, was pretty capable head to head to the beefier one.
I don't think so, @Macco26 . If the max power was 106W, then it could be that it's a 90W with dynamic boost of +15W. Or it could be 100W that didn't reach dynamic boost or even a 115W that due to thermal limit (it's reaching 86°) can't reach the max power. You can see that at some point it reached power limit and also thermal limit, so it's still a bit hard to guess. In either case, the results are still impressive for 106W drawn and in my opinion it is a max-P version for sure.

@YogiC75 cannot thank you enough, you've been very helpful! Sorry for so many requests from us, but you're the first user in the forum to get the 2021 series of laptops and they changed quite a lot on the GPU side of things.

Last edited:

Macco26

Expert
You are right! I was looking at the GPU Core Wattage, damn and it was barely more than 80W, my bad!!
It might be one of the classical 90W+15DB, hence reaching 105W (more or less). So definitely more capable than the one reviewed by Techspot (80-95W).
And since it peaked 106W it's definitely boosting in light CPU scenarios. Well 3D Mark uses different moments for pushing GPU and CPU separately, so it definitely can boost as high as it can (because CPU is almost idling at 20W or so while GPU is being taxed). In normal gameplay it might not reach 106W all on the GPU, but should come in the midde.

PS @YogiC75 are your NVIDIA drivers updated? No less than 461.40 (the ones which supports RTX 30 laptop cards entirely)