Query regarding performance - Octane VI 17.3 inch, i9-processor

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Typical Windows. it helped. The wifi network is back on installing updates. So now I will keep updating all the drivers and use DVD of PCS to install all drivers too, and will come back and let you know if everything is fine.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Typical Windows. it helped. The wifi network is back on installing updates. So now I will keep updating all the drivers and use DVD of PCS to install all drivers too, and will come back and let you know if everything is fine.
As said before, you don't use the PCS drivers, the only additional drivers to the ones windows updates installed are Clevo control center direct from clevo and nvidia drivers direct from nvidia.

Don't install the ones from PCS because they're out of date, they're only valid at build time and they will create instability in the system.

I'm not certain a custom laptop is going to be suitable for you given your lack of knowledge around windows. They're completely different to an off the shelf product and you're supposed to know how to manage windows and drivers as well as hardware tuning. It's going to be a steep learning curve for you.

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Dear Spydertracks,

I understand and accept that I don't have enough knowledge of Windows. Actually I had intel core i3-3110M processor laptop since 2012 and now I jumped directly to i9-9900K. So there is around 8 years of difference for me, the old laptop has never had any problem till now and is still working perfect. So, I didn't learnt any problems from the old one.
But I have learnt a lot of things now. Will keep myself up to date regarding PCs/ Laptops from now.

Currently, everything is fine. As you said I have not install drivers from DVD. I should start undervolting process now. Keeping fingers crossed.

Kind regards

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
As said before, you don't use the PCS drivers, the only additional drivers to the ones windows updates installed are Clevo control center direct from clevo and nvidia drivers direct from nvidia.

Don't install the ones from PCS because they're out of date, they're only valid at build time and they will create instability in the system.

I'm not certain a custom laptop is going to be suitable for you given your lack of knowledge around windows. They're completely different to an off the shelf product and you're supposed to know how to manage windows and drivers as well as hardware tuning. It's going to be a steep learning curve for you.

Perfect !! Voltages are going down. But till what value should I stop performing undervolting ? Now, I have reached -0.070 V. For example if my CPU capacity is -0.100 V, then should I stop at -0.090 V or -0.085 V ? something like that in order to give some clearance. What is your opinion ?

Another question is once i decrease the value, after clicking ''Apply'', do I also need to click ''Save'' button ?

Kind regards

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That's NOT what I said. You need to run Windows Update repeatedly to install all your drivers. The ones on the PCS DVD will be out of date by now.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Perfect !! Voltages are going down. But till what value should I stop performing undervolting ? Now, I have reached -0.070 V. For example if my CPU capacity is -0.100 V, then should I stop at -0.090 V or -0.085 V ? something like that in order to give some clearance. What is your opinion ?

Another question is once i decrease the value, after clicking ''Apply'', do I also need to click ''Save'' button ?

Kind regards
You just need to follow the video

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Dear spydertracks,

Yes, I am already going according to the video shown. I have reached upto -0.110 V and performed stress tests on each decrement value, it's going perfect, there is a lot of reduction in temperatures and increasing in clock speed. PERFECT !! :D And I am using cine bench marking software recommended by PCS.

So, I will go slowly from now, at one certain value on stress test, Laptop will crash. So I can finalize that i need to take previous value as the best value. ;) I hope I am not doing wrong.

Kind regards

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Dear Spydertracks,

I have reached successfully upto -0.150 V and I performed both Cinebench marking and intel stress test. I got maximum temperatures upto 95 degree celsius, but not all the time, the average temperatures were in between 81 to 87 degrees on HWMonitor on FULL PERFORMANCE MODE. I think these values are reasonable.
With Cine bench mark, with pluggedin charger. I got best score as 1960 cbs, 1970 cbs, 1972 cbs, 1968 cbs, 1975 cbs. I didn't write for all the decrement values, since there were a lot of results.
The laptop crashed at -0.155 V which was surely expected for me. Also the CPU Utilized 100 % of memory when checked on HWMonitor and also clock speed reached upto 4.99 GHz which is perfect and the average clock speed was in between 4.66 to 4.99 GHz.
I am happy now. ;)
Also, I will install my work softwares and check it if is it feasible for my CPU run.
Your opinion & final verdicts?
Thank you very much for giving a lot of time, I learnt a lot of things.

Kind regards

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Dear Spydertracks,

On using for two days with voltage value -0.150 V, the laptop crashed after using for some time, so I realized that I need to increase a bit of voltages. So, I kept -0.140 V but still on installing heavy softwares, the CPU stuck and PC ran into a problem. now I have kept at -0.135 V and CPU is working fine. :)(y)

I have more impressive results than before regarding simulation solving time. Earlier the same solution took 56 minutes to solve, but today it just 18 minutes to solve it. I think the throttling due to high temperatures reduced the simulation time before we did undervolting. But today I am happy with the HWMonitor CPU temperature results. Still at one point the temperatures went upto 98 degrees (just one time). but the average temperatures were in between 76 to 92 degree celsius. :)Though the CPU utilized an average of 85% which i think is quite consistent and helped solvers to calculate efficiently.

But one strange thing is happening, Chrome is crashing the websites repeatedly, showing ''Aw Snap'', not only chrome also I checked with firefox and microsoft edge, the websites are crashing. And there is no problem with internet connection at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    336.7 KB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot (12).png
    Screenshot (12).png
    336.6 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    337.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot (16).png
    Screenshot (16).png
    337.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot (18).png
    Screenshot (18).png
    333.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot (20).png
    Screenshot (20).png
    336.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot (21).png
    Screenshot (21).png
    336.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot (22).png
    Screenshot (22).png
    337.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Screenshot (23).png
    Screenshot (23).png
    336.7 KB · Views: 150

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
It’s likely your dns settings causing websites to crash.
Dear Spydertracks,

I tried flushing DNS setting by cmd. Also I tried turning off of hardware acceleration in chrome. I tried clearing cookies and browsing history. Restarted laptop several times after each of these process. Nothing helped. I uninstalled chrome and reinstalled it, but still the problem remains. Also with Microsoft edge the same problem. I searched on internet, but the only solution I have seen is flushing DNS.

I don't know whether I should discuss this problem here on this forum or not. But it is happening since after undervolted process.

Kind regards

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Dear Spydertracks,

I tried flushing DNS setting by cmd. Also I tried turning off of hardware acceleration in chrome. I tried clearing cookies and browsing history. Restarted laptop several times after each of these process. Nothing helped. I uninstalled chrome and reinstalled it, but still the problem remains. Also with Microsoft edge the same problem. I searched on internet, but the only solution I have seen is flushing DNS.

I don't know whether I should discuss this problem here on this forum or not. But it is happening since after undervolted process.

Kind regards
It's not Chrome or anything on the computer, it's the DNS your using.

You really need to learn to google things for yourself, that's all I say, you just need to apply a custom DNS to either your router or the computer.

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Dear spydertracks,

Sorry to bother you again, but I tried every possible way to eliminate problem of website crashing, but it's not working. Actually I am not using router for internet. I am using internet from my partner's laptop hotspot. The browsers ''chrome and microsoft edge'' in another laptop is working perfectly fine without any problems of crashing. So I am sure that there is no problem of internet flow at all. I tried to change DNS of my laptop and another laptop's internet DNS. But nothing is working out.
Do you have any other solutions ? Also I checked forums from Windows, chrome support, edge support and tried it. but nothing is working.

Kind regards

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Dear spydertracks,

Sorry to bother you again, but I tried every possible way to eliminate problem of website crashing, but it's not working. Actually I am not using router for internet. I am using internet from my partner's laptop hotspot. The browsers ''chrome and microsoft edge'' in another laptop is working perfectly fine without any problems of crashing. So I am sure that there is no problem of internet flow at all. I tried to change DNS of my laptop and another laptop's internet DNS. But nothing is working out.
Do you have any other solutions ? Also I checked forums from Windows, chrome support, edge support and tried it. but nothing is working.

Kind regards
Why are you connecting via your partners laptop?

How did you change DNS and what to?

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Why are you connecting via your partners laptop?

How did you change DNS and what to?
Dear spydertracks,

Actually, the partner's laptop is my old laptop and we had already been using internet via ethernet and not router because we use to have only my old laptop before. But now we have two laptops & I want to buy router but everything is closed at the moment.

Regarding DNS settings, I kept custom DNS in my Octane series laptop in ''WIFI'' option which I am using internet from old laptop.
Also, I kept DNS setting in ethernet of my old laptop but I realized that there is no problem with internet in old laptop. I know this might be little confusing, but tried keeping DNS alternatively on each of both laptop networks but nothing helped.

But when I connected my mobile to supply internet to Octane series laptop, still I see the problem. So I can assure that there is no problem in connection in wifi with old laptop, Something is happening wrong with Octane series Internet Network connection. I hope you understood my typical process of using internet. 🙈 :LOL:

And I cannot connect my new laptop to ethernet because the MAC address of old laptop is already in use by internet administration house and I tried calling them but they are unable to change my MAC address of old laptop to new laptop.

Kind regards

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Dear spydertracks,

Actually, the partner's laptop is my old laptop and we had already been using internet via ethernet and not router because we use to have only my old laptop before. But now we have two laptops & I want to buy router but everything is closed at the moment.

Regarding DNS settings, I kept custom DNS in my Octane series laptop in ''WIFI'' option which I am using internet from old laptop.
Also, I kept DNS setting in ethernet of my old laptop but I realized that there is no problem with internet in old laptop. I know this might be little confusing, but tried keeping DNS alternatively on each of both laptop networks but nothing helped.

But when I connected my mobile to supply internet to Octane series laptop, still I see the problem. So I can assure that there is no problem in connection in wifi with old laptop, Something is happening wrong with Octane series Internet Network connection. I hope you understood my typical process of using internet. 🙈 :LOL:

Kind regards
Yes, it’s the DNS, that’s the first thing to try.

I still don’t understand what you mean by you don’t have a router? There has to be a router? Where’s the Ethernet plugged into?

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Yes, it’s the DNS, that’s the first thing to try.

I still don’t understand what you mean by you don’t have a router? There has to be a router? Where’s the Ethernet plugged into?
Dear spydertracks,

I am living in an apartment where central internet service has been provided in each flats. So, I just plugged the LAN cable from mains to old laptop.
And I cannot connect my new laptop to ethernet because the MAC address of old laptop is already in use by internet administration house and I tried calling them but they are unable to change my MAC address of old laptop to new laptop.
Also, we have a big communication gap in poland. Polish don't speak english, it's very hard to make them understand.

Kind regards

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Dear spydertracks,

I am living in an apartment where central internet service has been provided in each flats. So, I just plugged the LAN cable from mains to old laptop.
Also, we have a big communication gap in poland. Polish don't speak english, it's very hard to make them understand.

Kind regards
You need to try it tethered off your mobile then, not off your partners laptop as you MAC address won’t be allowed on their network.

Do you definitely have tethering rights on the mobile? A lot of operators restrict tethering.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Really, that’s an awful scenario to be testing it in. You need to find a proper network you can connect to that open, test it on WiFi and via lan.

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
You need to try it tethered off your mobile then, not off your partners laptop as you MAC address won’t be allowed on their network.

Do you definitely have tethering rights on the mobile? A lot of operators restrict tethering.
Dear Spydertracks,

Yes, I do have tethering rights on my mobile. Actually I am not using mobile internet to laptop, just to check whether there is any problem with new laptop DNS settings or problem with wifi from old laptop. But the problem is in New laptop DNS settings. This is something I understood till now.

But as you said I will connect to someone's router wifi and will check if the problem persists, this is a good idea to check.

Kind regards