Ram and cpu-z

alastair

Bronze Level Poster
quick question about ram frequency.
in the spd tab it shows the correct ram frequency pc3-10700 (667mhz) which from what i've read is just it reading what the ram is. As 667x2 = 1334mhz
in the memory tab however it says 534.5x2=1069mhz @ 8-8-8-20.
So am i right in thinking that the ram is 1333 running at 1066 for some reason?

How do i get it to run correctly and more over is it easy and safe to do?
As i am a complete noob with this sort of thing.

mobo p6x58d-e fsb133.6 with a 2:8 multiplier, 6gb samsung 1333, i7-950 no oc

Gorman

Author Level
all love to cpu-z and all, but i would check the timings in bios and take it from there, let us know what it says.

Sleinous

Author Level
Yep so now what you need to do is set profile to X.M.P.

In BIOS on your motherboard, first off, in "Extreme Tweaker" OR a similar tab (bear in mind this is a screenshot from my ASU SRampage 3, not your board) you should have this:

b1d27ec1.jpg

^It is normally the first or 2nd tab on the left when your BIOS loads, (usually the first screen you see tbh..)

Ai Overclock Tuner --> X.M.P.

DRAM Frequency --> 1333mhz

eXtreme Memory Profile --> Profile #1

Note: Check that the timings correspond to the Samsung memory on their website (or on a sticker stuck on your RAM< usually) and that they are the same as on your BIOS.

alastair

Bronze Level Poster
ok so i've been back in the bios, set to xmp but the the extreme memory profile is disabled. however i set the dram frequency to 1333 and all else on auto (except xmp ofc). rebooted and cpu-z says i'm at 1333 at 9-9-9-24, samsung says it should be 9-9-9- but doesn't say the last one.

So am i good now do you think?

Everything on auto except xmp and dram frequency

Sleinous

Author Level
yes, I should think the profile nonsense is an ASUS Rampage thing. You're all good to go! This is just Samsung being vague, 24 should be right but if you want to put your mind at ease, check on the little sticker found on a module of RAM :)

alastair

Bronze Level Poster
thanks guys, i suppose if any problems do crop up i can just put it back where it was easily enough.