READ BEFORE YOU POST Sticky.

DSN

Enthusiast
I woudl really like to see some read before you post sticks in a lot of the sections.

for example

Check this spec;

Guide people to answer the following questions before they post:

What will you us the pc for?
Do you intend to over clock?
What is your top budget?
What resolution do you use?
etc... etc...

For Linux:
What distro are you using?
What kernal version?
blah blah..

Tech support:
Have you checked its plugge din correctly?
Have you turned it on and off again?
How long have you had it..

for all of them:
HAVE YOU GOOGLED IT !

these are of course examples. But I ask the same question over and over again, slowing the response times, and making it harder to give good definitive answers.

I think this would help a lot :D

I would be more than happy to draft up sticks for each section that requires them.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
It's a great idea and great feedback, but customers don't read the stickys we've got there at the moment. For example we have a sticky telling customers the easy way to post their spec to our forums but using the nice and easy "post to forums" button, but yet customers still copy and paste and spend 10 minutes formatting their post...

DSN

Enthusiast
Yeah but then i can write a default reply of..

Go fill out the stickys.. then get back to me /slap

eventually they will start to get the idea.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Yeah but then i can write a default reply of..

Go fill out the stickys.. then get back to me /slap

eventually they will start to get the idea.
This forum's been really fun, informative & light hearted since it started,why not just leave it at that.

DSN

Enthusiast
This forum's been really fun, informative & light hearted since it started,why not just leave it at that.

Well, its going to save people time and effort replying with the same post over and over.

And its going to get the OP there answers faster.

I don't really see the downside to putting a useful information template up to point people towards.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Well, its going to save people time and effort replying with the same post over and over.

And its going to get the OP there answers faster.

I don't really see the downside to putting a useful information template up to point people towards.
Sounds better worded like that.