Real Users' Benchmarks - Rank of PCS Laptops

FerrariVie

Super Star
Updated drivers, pushed out an extra 100 points :)
(All stock / performance mode on)

My new Bench with studiodrivers and Max-fan this time
Both have now been updated 🥳

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
I don't know what to say but mine is not quite good compare to you guys.

Here's my CC Settings:
Turbo Mode Profile-1
PL1 and PL2 = 75w
PL4 = 165W
Core Voltage and Offset = 0mV
Target Temp = 87c
Dynamic Boost = 5W
Fan Control = Auto
Fan Boost = Off

Tested laptop on a 1200rpm cooling pad.

Could someone suggest me how to improve my score by using only CC?

Macco26

Expert
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/25181481

Ok back in topic. 😅
After flashed the BIOS 1.09 for the Ionico and have activated the dGPU-only mode (aka MUX) today, here the new score for me: 22366
My past best before, with Optimus was 21933. That's not that much more, but being everything equal I am happy.

Max fans, -105 mV, 120W CPU powerlimits, Coolingpad, as usual.

PS: Timespy is now 10522 for whom may be interested.

FerrariVie

Super Star
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/25181481

Ok back in topic. 😅
After flashed the BIOS 1.09 for the Ionico and have activated the dGPU-only mode (aka MUX) today, here the new score for me: 22366
My past best before, with Optimus was 21933. That's not that much more, but being everything equal I am happy.

Max fans, -105 mV, 120W CPU powerlimits, Coolingpad, as usual.

PS: Timespy is now 10522 for whom may be interested.
I think I'll keep both of your results on the rank, it makes sense for people to know the difference between switching the iGPU on or off (y)

Bhuna50

Author Level
Can I ask that this thread remains for survey responses please to help @FerrariVie in being able to easily collate the information without having to read about everything else.

If people have queries on settings for their new laptop CPUs/GPUs, then by all means stick a new thread in the forums under the relevant section as it is really interesting and @Macco26 is extremely helpful and knowledgeable on all this and has provided some great videos / reviews too so search his posts out.

(Sorry to sound like I'm moaning on this, but dont want this turning into a 'support' thread on the new laptops and want to just make it a bit easier for the benchmarking.)

Macco26

Expert
Slightly improved my Firestrike score (please amend the past score in the OP):

What changed:
I've installed new Tongfang Control center 3.9.18 which does allow to disable Dynamic Boost and give all the juice to the GPU no matter what. This means it can boost up to 140W without any regulation of how much wattage the CPU is delivering.
I'll keep this profile only for brief benchmarks, but it could help also for games who requires consistent CPU wattage > 45W yet you want your RTX 3070 to deliver up to 140W no matter what. Good to keep a lot of ventilation if prolonged this way.
Rest is as usual: dGPU only MUX, 2933 Mhz DRAM overclock, Max fans + 120W CPU PL, active cooling pad.

(undervolt is at -115mV as at -120 I found some instability at idling or very low utilization).

PS: I can't give publicly the new CC link. As this is not provided by PCS itself. But it's official Tongnfang manufacturing nonetheless, no hacks involved.

FerrariVie

Super Star

What changed:
I've installed new Tongfang Control center 3.9.18 which does allow to disable Dynamic Boost and give all the juice to the GPU no matter what. This means it can boost up to 140W without any regulation of how much wattage the CPU is delivering.
I'll keep this profile only for brief benchmarks, but it could help also for games who requires consistent CPU wattage > 45W yet you want your RTX 3070 to deliver up to 140W no matter what. Good to keep a lot of ventilation if prolonged this way.
Rest is as usual: dGPU only MUX, 2933 Mhz DRAM overclock, Max fans + 120W CPU PL, active cooling pad.

(undervolt is at -115mV as at -120 I found some instability at idling or very low utilization).

PS: I can't give publicly the new CC link. As this is not provided by PCS itself. But it's official Tongnfang manufacturing nonetheless, no hacks involved.
It is now updated, @Macco26 . I also took advantage of the unusual snow in April to run the benchmark one last time with cold ambient temperatures after having repasted my laptop with Noctua NT-H2. I finally got over 21k graphics score by sustaining higher average clocks while still keeping GPU temperature about 1°C lower than with stock paste.

RobertoDub

What changed:

If your overall power consumption exceeds the wattage of your power brick, aren't there any chances that the battery will be used to provide the additional power required?
There was a similar recent issue with the XPS 17, they fixed it eventually but I'm not sure how they did it (...did they cap the maximum power consumption?)
The Intel CPU may go up to above 100W, right? So if your power brick is, say, 240W, then there won't be enough juice to provide power to all components.

Macco26

Expert
I've never seen my CPU going more than 75W even with 120W uncapped. Probably because other values (like max current) are hard limiting. However yes, Should I exceed the 230W, battery will be consumed.

But I'm using this 140W-no-matter-what profile just for short benchmarks so far, for a reason. And people told me that if I applied (with the same new CC) a GPU overclock of 200Mhz core, 1000Mhz VRAM, it would easily exceed 11k Timespy. Not touched any Mhz slider on my end, so far, though.

Hi there,

I have 3D Mark app but Firestrike is can only be run if you buy an upgrade? The PCMark 10 ran fine in stock mode, giving 4329 as a score.

Also what does the button next to the power button near the hinge actually do & how to control it?

Cheers in advance,

Rob

Macco26

Expert
If you have any Tongfang barebones, the second button cycles between 3 profiles in the Control Center. Office, Entertainment, Beast. This is applicable also to 2020 models. In the 2021 you can assign a specific profile (out of 5) for each of those 3 cycles (total of 15 profiles, 3 of which at fast cycling with the button press).