Really Paranoid about my motherboard choice

peteht

Ok, so I may have cheaped out on a motherboard, i went for the;

ASUS® P8Z77-V LX: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX

After reading some very uninspiring reviews about the motherboard i am now extremely worried that I have made a terrible choice of motherboard that may die in no time at all.

For anyone who wants to know here are the other specs:

Case
InWIN BLACK DRAGON RIDER GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-V LX: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX

Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPERX GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1866MHz X.M.P(2 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£69)

Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)

Sound Card
Asus Xonar DG 5.1 SoundCard & Headphone AMP (Award Winner) (£24)

Monitor
21.5" AOC WIDESCREEN LED TFT - 1920 x 1080, 5MS, D-Sub, DVI-D (£89)

And yes I am very easily distressed, Lol...

Fear

Prolific Poster
That looks like a nice spec the only thing i would change is the Ram which you can drop down to the samsung 1333MHz as you will see no speed difference with faster ones unless you are OC'ing and also as the case you have chosen does not have a side window there is no point spending the little bit extra for the 1600MHz one just for the nicer looks.

As for the motherboard i would not worry about it as i have not seen any complaints on here and PCS have been selling them for quite a while and to be honest any component can fail at any time thats what the warranty is for so make sure you at least go for the £5 silver warranty which extends the 1 month collect and return to a full year just incase.

peteht

Ok, thank you for your reply :) the thing that I am worried about is that there is no SLI if I am correct, this isn't a huge factor to me but the components I have chosen are predominantly for gaming and if this motherboard is not up to the task then I will have to change it

Grinder

Enthusiast
that mobo wont allow you to sli in the future
if your a gamer get an i5 3550 with a gtx 670 with that mobo you should be fine.
you only need to upgrade the mobo if you really think you are going to add another card in the future.

Last edited:

peteht

Ok well at the moment i am ****ed because I placed this order just a few hours ago, will cancel ASAP.

peteht

I know I can but I am really not sure about ordering ATM, will do some more research I think, how is the refund policy here?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
There should be no problem cancelling the order,I'm not sure if you need to email PCS or phone them but best give them a call in the morning anyway to find out how to go about it.

Last edited:

Swanky777

Bronze Level Poster
I know I can but I am really not sure about ordering ATM, will do some more research I think, how is the refund policy here?

Yes yes, I think it's a good idea to do some research before hand. It's quite a big investment and will hopefully last you a few years, so make sure everything is the way you want it. There are loads of people here with expert advice and I have found them to be really helpful. Good luck with your final build :)