Recommendation of office or gaming chairs for home usage

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Dual mesh is like sitting on a cloud
Although I've learnt not to kneel on them when your talking to your colleague in the next 'cubicle' as your knee can go straight through them :rolleyes:

Luckily it was the company one, not my own...and it was probably 10 years old.

I looked at some herman chairs but way out of my budget need a decent chair suffer back issues lower back especially so will be looking at some tidy 8 hour ergonomic chairs bought a gaming chair years ago never again

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Herman Miller Mirra 2

Stock photo, as mine's not as clean. Really should have gone for one of the black/grey options but they looked so 'business-like'.

BTW, you can get used/refurb (grey) v1s for around £250 if you look hard enough.

mh_prd_ovw_mirra_2_chairs.jpg.rendition.768.576.jpg

The darker colours can look a bit ugly when left for a while...
mirra-main-orange.jpg
They’re amazing! Although I’ll be waiting till I’ve got a room where the cat won’t have access to make the purchase. She loves scratching my chairs to death.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Herman Miller Mirra 2

Stock photo, as mine's not as clean. Really should have gone for one of the black/grey options but they looked so 'business-like'.

BTW, you can get used/refurb (grey) v1s for around £250 if you look hard enough.

mh_prd_ovw_mirra_2_chairs.jpg.rendition.768.576.jpg

The darker colours can look a bit ugly when left for a while...
mirra-main-orange.jpg
I Just picked up one of these off 2ndhnd. Apart from a few scuffs and scratches on the castors, legs the chair looks brand new.

There were a few marks on the seat but I have since got them off with some wonder wipes.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Herman Millers are just the epitomy of fine chair design. I lust after quite a few of their models.

I will have a replica of the Eames one day.... one day :love:

View attachment 21116
That’s the perfect chair to sink into, put headphones on and spend an evening listening to music. Going for a replica is a bit more achievable than the real thing for us mere mortals, this one is actually pretty reasonably priced...

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The Eames is definitely one for autumn/winter afternoons/evenings in the library/music room with a sublime Hennessey Paradis cognac and a fine Cohiba Robusto.

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
After looking around with recommended choices and watching GN channel I finally settled with mesh ergonomic chair from Amazon called Mfavour office chair for £185. So far so good. Comfortable and sturdy.

Attachments

• 20210109_175830_compress56.jpg
    20210109_175830_compress56.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 202

noellesteward

Hey guys, I'm looking for a chair for my gaming and programming needs...
Basically, I have a pretty high budget and thought of buying a gaming chair although they seem a bit overpriced.
Gaming chairs available in my country are :
DX Racer
tT Esports
Which one would you choose? I think DXRacer cost a bit higher because they're more popular and known but that's about it...
Has anyone tried them both?
Does anyone have a chair he can recommend to me
about? (not necessarily a gaming chair).
Thanks!

Last edited:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hey guys, I'm looking for a chair for my gaming and programming needs...
Basically, I have a pretty high budget and thought of buying a gaming chair although they seem a bit overpriced.
Gaming chairs available in my country are :
DX Racer
tT Esports
Which one would you choose? I think DXRacer cost a bit higher because they're more popular and known but that's about it...
Has anyone tried them both?
Does anyone have a chair he can recommend to me about? (not necessarily a gaming chair).
Thanks!
Do you want it to show off on social media, or do you want to be comfortable?

I'd go Herman Miller every time for comfort & adjustability...just read the rest of the thread. You won't go wrong (other than colour choice) with any of:
  • Aeron
  • Mirra 2
  • Cosm
  • Embody (Logitech version if you want a gamer look)
Budget for £1000 though for a new one...or less than half of that for a used one.

Aeron
REK_18290_20160811174544877.tif.rendition.1440.1440.jpg

Mirra 2 (what I went for)
LI_MIR_P_20150215_009.tif.rendition.1440.1440.jpg

Cosm
it_prd_ovw_cosm_chairs_04.jpg

Embody Logitech G
Embody_Cyan_01_3a45bee4-195e-460f-9cd0-6ebc10e581b8_1280x1280.png

noellesteward

Do you want it to show off on social media, or do you want to be comfortable?

I'd go Herman Miller every time for comfort & adjustability...just read the rest of the thread. You won't go wrong (other than colour choice) with any of:
  • Aeron
  • Mirra 2
  • Cosm
  • Embody (Logitech version if you want a gamer look)
Budget for £1000 though for a new one...or less than half of that for a used one.

Aeron
REK_18290_20160811174544877.tif.rendition.1440.1440.jpg

Mirra 2 (what I went for)
LI_MIR_P_20150215_009.tif.rendition.1440.1440.jpg

Cosm
it_prd_ovw_cosm_chairs_04.jpg

Embody Logitech G
Embody_Cyan_01_3a45bee4-195e-460f-9cd0-6ebc10e581b8_1280x1280.png
thank you so much for your suggestion.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If you’re not worried about it being a copy…