Recommendation of office or gaming chairs for home usage

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you’re not worried about it being a copy…
I didn't realise it but Herman Miller still make the 670 and 671 models as new for around that price.

The plaque though doesn't look legit, from what I know, it's normally much more simplistic than something like that

Last edited:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Once I have my library/music room/cigar room with hidden walk-in humidor, I'll definitely have something similar...plus a very plump leather armchair for snoozing!

This in one corner:
2022-09-11_10-11-04.jpg

This in another:
2022-09-11_10-11-41.jpg

...and this hidden behind the erotica section of books:
2022-09-11_10-13-53.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

cegawiv

My advice would be to stay away from 'gaming' chairs and get a proper office/ergonomic chair that is not just a branded version of a cheap 'racing style' one.

Have a watch of this, then decide.

also check out this ChairComforts
Hello. I've been doing a lot of stuff on my PC with my Logitech G915 and the Logitech G900-whatever mouse that both outperform any other device in the wireless department makes them great for PC gaming and work on an HTPC setup like what I'm rocking here. The only thing that's not quite "premium" about this arrangement...is my chair. It's comfortable to be sure, but there are times when I want to lean back like today due to me being tired and just wanting to get some shut-eye without actually lying down and risk getting indigestion after eating/drinking something my stomach might have trouble with. And I'm trying to break free of the habit of drinking stuff like Mountain Dew to keep me awake on days where it's like I get some sleep, but not all of the sleep I need, you know? The thing is, with chairs, you have to really sit in them and try them out to have an opinion of them. Not every chair is made for everyone, and when it comes to the DXRacer chairs (the ones with the head pillows on them), I just find myself wondering if they're all they're made out to be, as there's also the chairs made by Maxonomic. I'm sort of wondering if anyone has an opinion on these, and where the best place to be to try them out at.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's the same with chairs as it is with beds...you don't really know if they're suitable until a few weeks/months down the line.

I've gone through so many mattresses over the years to find the perfect one for me...and it only dawned on me that the best sleep I ever had was when I was staying with a friend for a few weeks. I asked what their mattress was and I've been using the same ever since.

The only problem with most computer chairs, is very few manufacturers will give you a trial period, although if it's completely unsuitable you should be able to return them (depending on the T&Cs and local consumer regulations).

With chairs, I went with something I already know I am comfortable in...the same brand/model as we use in the corporate HQ, that I've spent 10-20 hours a day in over the last decade or so. Same went for my 'bucket' seats in my other car...as I tried a few on static displays at different motorsport shops, and they all felt fine for the couple of minutes I was in them...but I went for the same set from a friend's car that I'd been travelling/driving in for 4-8 hours over a whole week whilst touring Europe.