Replacing fan LED's

crisis uk

Silver Level Poster
Would you recommend the fans? Im looking at getting 4 red led fans for my haf x, are they quiet?

The 200mm fans? I currently only have the non LED fans installed, just waiting for them to be modifies but I imagine they will make as much noise as the ones I have now seeing as they are the same brand. They are very quiet to be honest, when I had my case open to fit my new front and rear fans I could barely hear my two 200mm fans running when I powered them up.

halox

Enthusiast
Have they arrived yet? Are they on their way? I'll make a wee video of how to check the voltages and stuff. Also try and cover things that people forget to mention.

crisis uk

Silver Level Poster
I got my fans today (mix up at the post office) so ill put them in later on and take some pics. Thanks again.

halox

Enthusiast
I got my fans today (mix up at the post office) so ill put them in later on and take some pics. Thanks again.

Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing a Green computer. If you post a few photos I'll add a photo slide show at the end of my youtube vid.

crisis uk

Silver Level Poster
Not the best pictures but still looks pretty good:

IMG_0123.JPGIMG_1374.jpgIMG_1376.jpgIMG_1378.jpgIMG_1382.jpg

halox

Enthusiast
Looks excellent, better than I thought - trippy!

I could not resist adding these to the end of the original vid. I could not decide on a sound track so I made 3 versions. You will get them all in links at the start of the original vid, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbdRdLUNgDs

Do you like it? Crisis_UK?

I still have not had any of the whisky you sent me for doing them. I might have one on Friday night. Got me in the mood for mods now. If you ever need anything else done, give me a shout!

Last edited:

crisis uk

Silver Level Poster
HAHA those songs were class, although I found the 3rd one pretty creepy lol.

Thanks again for sorting them out, much appreciated...just got to find some more stuff to modify now :p

JamesMLB

Enthusiast
Holy moly that green looks sick?! How do you actually get the front LED out, cause I would totally swap mine for a blue one but those green ones would match my razer setup..

crisis uk

Silver Level Poster
Holy moly that green looks sick?! How do you actually get the front LED out, cause I would totally swap mine for a blue one but those green ones would match my razer setup..

Thanks!

Do you mean the full LED fan or just the LED's that light the fan up?

Yeah, I picked green because it goes well with my Razer BlackWidow Ultimate. I also have a Razer Deathadder but it is a Guild Wars edition one and the lights glow orange instead. I will probably get a regular Deathadder eventually for the green lights ( Vain...i know :p )

crisis uk

Silver Level Poster
The front LED fan.. sorry for being inprecise.. :)

No problem, just didn't quite get what you meant.

I've had a look and as far as I can see, I cant find any 230mm blue LED megaflow fans. There are other brands that do 230mm but they are only 20mm thick whereas the megaflow ones (the one currently in your HAF X) are 30mm thick, plus I'm nor sure if the mounting holes would line up properly with the case.

I was fortunate because the actually did a Green Nvidia edition of the HAF X and thus produced green LED versions of the front intake fan. What you could do, which is what I did, is PM halox on the forums and see if he could modify your current fan to have blue LED fans instead of red ones, or just buy a 2nd 230mm fan and send it to him to mod it if you didn't want to go without having your front intake fan.

As far as physically removing your fan. Just take both side panels off, remove the front mesh filter and unscrew the 4 mounting screws in each corner. Then turn the fan 90 degree's either way so the flats on the fan are at the top and bottom and just slide it out.

fans.pngfront panel.png

Bsrz

Rising Star
I would kill for 4 of them green led fans for my haf-x, 2 to for front and side to pull air in, and 2 for the top to extract air out to match my sli 780s, and all my gear, I need some green fans now!!! lol :) Great job on the mod halox

halox

Enthusiast
I would kill for 4 of them green led fans for my haf-x, 2 to for front and side to pull air in, and 2 for the top to extract air out to match my sli 780s, and all my gear, I need some green fans now!!! lol :) Great job on the mod halox

Cheers, I enjoyed it. If you want I can mod some fans for you. You supply the fans and I'll get the LED's. If it is the same fans as Crisis_UK the LED's were about £2.50 (delivered). All it cost him was a bottle of Jack Daniels Honey, which I will open tonight I hope.

I also made some ducts to improve air cooling when my PC was still air cooled. If you want one of these they make a huge difference to your temperatures. Without having your PC with me for measurements it you would have to do all the design and measuring. If you have air cooled SLI GPU's though I have the SLI cooler in the video spare now if anyone wants it. It works really well.

Go to 1:45 for the start of the duct making: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB7lMRxkidA

Last edited: