rtx 3070 sales preference according to upgrade / build ?

BlueBeer

Just spoken to PCS (again) and been told for the first time (despite at least 5 previous conversations) that builds are prioritised over upgrades. Since they don't make that clear at time of order (and my order was placed at 13:10 on 29-Oct) my expectation was that I'd be near the front of the RTX3070 queue. Seems everyone ordering a build since my order slots in ahead of me in the queue which I can't see and don't get told about. Impressed when I bough the original system from PCS but this farce of an upgrade has changed my opinion.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Just spoken to PCS (again) and been told for the first time (despite at least 5 previous conversations) that builds are prioritised over upgrades. Since they don't make that clear at time of order (and my order was placed at 13:10 on 29-Oct) my expectation was that I'd be near the front of the RTX3070 queue. Seems everyone ordering a build since my order slots in ahead of me in the queue which I can't see and don't get told about. Impressed when I bough the original system from PCS but this farce of an upgrade has changed my opinion.
This isn't the first time I've heard of builds being prioritised over upgrades, it's been mentioned elsewhere on here before I believe.

ryabuc

I am also waiting for my 3070 upgrade to be sent out (with no updates so far). Ordered at 13.13, the op bought theirs at 13.15 and appears to have already received it which is slightly confusing.

carrot_monkey

Bronze Level Poster
Hey all sitting here waiting as well.

It might be a while for me as I got the order in on the 2nd of this month and the 3070 and CPU were preorder (Ryzen 5 5600X).

Has anyone else gone for a 5 series CPU and 3070 and gotten their box of happiness?

Also what monitor(s) are you going to pair up the 3070 with? Started recently having a look and it looks like a 1440p 144Hz (or is that too high) is what to aim for, with g sync.

Last edited:

skril

Bronze Level Poster
Mine 3070 looks nice . PROBLEM IS my internet 12hours and 53% in download of cyberpunk :D Dont undertund why decaro waiting long time when people getting much faster where is problem?

skril

Bronze Level Poster

It might be a while for me as I got the order in on the 2nd of this month and the 3070 and CPU were preorder (Ryzen 5 5600X).

Has anyone else gone for a 5 series CPU and 3070 and gotten their box of happiness?

Also what monitor(s) are you going to pair up the 3070 with? Started recently having a look and it looks like a 1440p 144Hz is what to aim for, with g sync.
Ordered 5600x rodeon 5700 b550strix on 7 now when amendments on 10 or 11now for 3070 . Get this on.tuesday this.week

ryabuc

Also what monitor(s) are you going to pair up the 3070 with? Started recently having a look and it looks like a 1440p 144Hz (or is that too high) is what to aim for, with g sync.
1440p 144hz should be the sweet spot for it!

I actually managed to get a deal that I wanted in the black friday sale so have a Samsung Odyssey G7 27” sat on my desk just waiting to be pushed by the 3070.

I had the Asus Tuf VG27AQ on my list before I saw that deal and my friend bought a LG 27GL850-B recently and is loving it. I think those two are the best for their price range, both are G-sync compatible!

jackom

Ordered in the 26th November and entered building, does this mean they have RTX 3070 in stock finally? Or does it mean we are still waiting for it?

decaro

Enthusiast
Wow kinda feel guilty for the people that ordered before me. Been without a machine for 5 months so this has made me incredibly happy.
Yeah I ordered on 29th of oct, launch day and im still on pre production, oh well, guess you just got lucky, enjoy :)