rtx 3070 sales preference according to upgrade / build ?

JedGilbert

I’m currently waiting for a 3080, on 41 days. Would it be idiotic to change to a 3070? (It seems like these are more available) or shall I keep waiting. Some people are on 100+ days waiting for the 3080.

Duncan70

I’m currently waiting for a 3080, on 41 days. Would it be idiotic to change to a 3070? (It seems like these are more available) or shall I keep waiting. Some people are on 100+ days waiting for the 3080.
I'm not sure if this helps, but I checked with support today and was told the next delivery ETA for 3070's is on 02-04-2021.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you can make do with a 3070 over a 3080 then there's likely something wrong with your configuration. I would strongly recommend getting some advice on your build.

Archangel86

I'm not sure if this helps, but I checked with support today and was told the next delivery ETA for 3070's is on 02-04-2021.
I contacted livechat about my build (9 days pre-production), and was told the only hold up is the 3070 and there were 650 in the queue ahead of me and it was likely to be 2 months+ waiting time, though this seems at odds with some of the final build times I've seen here. At 41 days you'll be further along in the queue than me anyway if you do switch...

SteMcKay

Switched from a 3060ti to 3070 on Wednesday.

Been built and in testing today.

definitely a lot of mixed advice coming from live chat etc...

Matsaavedra

Mine went to building this morning, 12 days since I placed the original order (with the 3070)

Edit: I didn't switch to the 3070. My original order was already with the 3070.

Last edited:

nixx

i figured it was about time to finally post after lurking for so long. i'm currently on day 27, of which 20 were spent waiting for the 3060ti before switching to the 3070 as i'd wanted that card originally.

i will admit, i'm a little confused as to how the queue seems to work, seeing people switch to the 3070 and go straight into building on such a fast turnaround with a lower overall pre-production time than myself. feels as though there has been a lot of speculation, conflicting information, and confirmation bias that has led to confusion.

dr_wanqenstein

Silver Level Poster
i figured it was about time to finally post after lurking for so long. i'm currently on day 27, of which 20 were spent waiting for the 3060ti before switching to the 3070 as i'd wanted that card originally.

i will admit, i'm a little confused as to how the queue seems to work, seeing people switch to the 3070 and go straight into building on such a fast turnaround with a lower overall pre-production time than myself. feels as though there has been a lot of speculation, conflicting information, and confirmation bias that has led to confusion.

At a guess would imagine you've got something else in your build that's out of stock. For me it was my case, for others it could be your CPU/cooler/PSU etc. If in any doubt, get in touch with them to find out.

nixx

At a guess would imagine you've got something else in your build that's out of stock. For me it was my case, for others it could be your CPU/cooler/PSU etc. If in any doubt, get in touch with them to find out.
i'd actually already checked previously and everything was in stock. funnily enough though i went into building around an hour ago.

Merke

Got RMA =( graphics card failed after 4 hours of use. They shipped me a new one but the old graphics card was jammed in the locking catch so the whole PC went back to them. I think this was even worse after 33 production days than just letting that timer continue to go up xD

gohan2091

Bronze Level Poster
Got RMA =( graphics card failed after 4 hours of use. They shipped me a new one but the old graphics card was jammed in the locking catch so the whole PC went back to them. I think this was even worse after 33 production days than just letting that timer continue to go up xD
How can this happen so soon? I thought each build is tested before delivery?

ASHENTI

Silver Level Poster
I recieved an email this morning advising my machine is going into the building phase. Just to let others know I was at 11 working days today so alot quicker than I was expecting. Hopefully this gives others an idea of time frames.

I should mention the main components were:

GPU: 3070
CPU: 5800X

Ash_

Master Poster
How can this happen so soon? I thought each build is tested before delivery?
They can break suddenly. My first 3070 broke after like 2 weeks and i only use it on weekends. RMA and got a new one. Gigabyte make great performance cards, but Asus definitely edge them on quality (not sure what card is in question here though).