RTX 3080

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
I don't even know why it bothers me so much! I'm not obsessive compulsive about anything else...
Out of curiosity, how do you feel about the RTX 3000 series plug placement? It kinda irks me that it juts out to the side.
Also the fact is 12 pin despite only needing 6... why? :cautious:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Out of curiosity, how do you feel about the RTX 3000 series plug placement? It kinda irks me that it juts out to the side.
Also the fact is 12 pin despite only needing 6... why? :cautious:
I will be purchasing one of these...

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Meh...we all have our foibles that deserve ridicule every now and again....Spyder's is the lack of dusting he does...mine is the complete lack of cable management I do (not to mention the complete lack of skill I demonstrate when I do actually try cable management).Agentcoopers is seeing any bad cable management (hence why I show pictures of mine at all possible times) :eek:
My foible is failing to appreciate how absolutely perfect I really am! [emoji56]

scarpa1

Enthusiast
So my PC which has been in build for 15 days now is actually waiting for the 3080 which I thought would be the case, could be a long wait it seems too.
Ive been told I'm find to upgrade/swap the CPU to one of the new AMD ones on the 5th, which is a good thing.

When the new AMD GPU's come out on the 18th, how does everyone think this will go? same way as the 3080/90's and sell out straight the way?
If I was to swap to a new AMD GPU on the 18th at 2pm or whenever it may be, where would I be in the invisible queue as I already have a system in build?

ProEnigma

Bronze Level Poster
So my PC which has been in build for 15 days now is actually waiting for the 3080 which I thought would be the case, could be a long wait it seems too.
Ive been told I'm find to upgrade/swap the CPU to one of the new AMD ones on the 5th, which is a good thing.

When the new AMD GPU's come out on the 18th, how does everyone think this will go? same way as the 3080/90's and sell out straight the way?
If I was to swap to a new AMD GPU on the 18th at 2pm or whenever it may be, where would I be in the invisible queue as I already have a system in build?
Ok, with this being a 3080 thread, I'm not sure if this post is allowed, but AMD has sent out a letter to partners about the launch, not sure how true it is, and should be taken with a pinch of salt as it may not help at all. all I can say is we really do not know how the AMD launch will be as people may move from 3080 to AMD but have a look at this link

GarCul

I realise you need some time to get acquainted, but photos if you get a chance :)
pc1.jpg
pc2.jpg

My machine went into dispatch this morning. So for anyone who is out of the loop:

Ordered on launch @ 14:01
Called PCS on Monday to ask about my components (seeing others getting their machines who ordered after me)
Case was out of stock and not coming back anytime soon - so I changed it
Went into build Tuesday afternoon - Testing Wednesday - Dispatch today

All I'd say is check you have all your components in stock (don't check the website as its not live updates).
Its worth using the web chat when available as its better than staying on hold on the phones or waiting on email replies.
Glad you've had some good news man, enjoy!

Nicae mate, looks near identical to mine which arrived today. Annoyingly, I'm hearing a whining, high pitched noise (alternating pitch) coming from what I think is the power supply. Not in BIOS, not in game, but only when on dekstop/browsing etc. Have you noticed this? I have the same PSU. Sad face

GarCul

Can't say that I have. Heard one sound not too dissimilar but not loud that I couldn't place but wasn't suspecting the psu, was even thinking it could be coming from something on the desk. I'll keep a proper listen later and let you know

Can't say that I have. Heard one sound not too dissimilar but not loud that I couldn't place but wasn't suspecting the psu, was even thinking it could be coming from something on the desk. I'll keep a proper listen later and let you know
Oh yea it's not ridiculously loud but you saying you "couldn't place" sounds similar to me....as I moved my ear closer it sounded like the noise wasn't even coming from my pc (some effect due to the frequency probably). 99% of the time I won't hear it, but I can't ignore it when I do. Thanks, let me know how it goes!