RTX 3080

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
strix 3080 here as well.
info from chat support > amended the order on the 13-10-2020 for rog strix.
Two weeks ago i was 20th in the queue.
edit >> And there is apparently about 200 order for rog strix

and since then i have this famous email every 5 days, giving me an ETA 2 days later :')
I have to admit, and im ready to fight > Im really glad that cyberpunk got delayed :D

Last edited:

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
are the phone queues really that long? I was planning to call from EU today to change my build into AMD from intel, but I might not be able to afford that either. I guess trying over email works too, hopefully the amd stocks aren't that bad, but i'm waiting for a strix 3080 anyway :)
I sorted my change to AMD from Intel via email, it was a few emails and I got a reply within 1-2 working days, so my experience was quick considering that it's an email. They are able to change it, and they need to know which CPU and motherboard you want. Payment method can matter though, I paid with a debit card so it was all fast and problem-free, but it may be more complicated with finance.

I definitely couldn't afford long phone waits (and I don't like talking via phone), I have a pay as you o option (I need to have something to be able to receive text codes for banking, I don't use the phone otherwise), so it's just not worth the cost for a little bit of information. The webchat is nice, I've used it a few times in the afternoon and got replies quickly (within 1-3 minutes). And it's free too!

kozuki

Enthusiast
strix 3080 here as well.

and since then i have this famous email every 5 days, giving me an ETA 2 days later :')
I have to admit, and im ready to fight > Im really glad that cyberpunk got delayed :D
I placed my order on 12th of October, so I guess we should be close in the queue? That actually doesn't sound too bad if it's true! I made up my mind to be happy if I receive the build before christmas

I sorted my change to AMD from Intel via email, it was a few emails and I got a reply within 1-2 working days, so my experience was quick considering that it's an email. They are able to change it, and they need to know which CPU and motherboard you want. Payment method can matter though, I paid with a debit card so it was all fast and problem-free, but it may be more complicated with finance.

I definitely couldn't afford long phone waits (and I don't like talking via phone), I have a pay as you o option (I need to have something to be able to receive text codes for banking, I don't use the phone otherwise), so it's just not worth the cost for a little bit of information. The webchat is nice, I've used it a few times in the afternoon and got replies quickly (within 1-3 minutes). And it's free too!
Yeah that's what I figured I should do too, I'm fine with talking in english as I've lived in the UK for a few years myself, but waiting in the long queue while calling from "overseas" can get expensive, and i'd rather just email everything nicely and with full info. I was in the livechat yesterday and got told that they could sort me out too over phone or email, I already amended and paid for the changes in my order, just need to change motherboard and CPU to the new zen 3!

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
I placed my order on 12th of October, so I guess we should be close in the queue? That actually doesn't sound too bad if it's true! I made up my mind to be happy if I receive the build before christmas

Yeah that's what I figured I should do too, I'm fine with talking in english as I've lived in the UK for a few years myself, but waiting in the long queue while calling from "overseas" can get expensive, and i'd rather just email everything nicely and with full info. I was in the livechat yesterday and got told that they could sort me out too over phone or email, I already amended and paid for the changes in my order, just need to change motherboard and CPU to the new zen 3!
i hope we'll get it before christmas. But i would say to still be carefull because i feel like this queue position could be a random number given by the chat advisor...

kozuki

Enthusiast
i hope we'll get it before christmas. But i would say to still be carefull because i feel like this queue position could be a random number given by the chat advisor...
Yeah, I look at this very skeptically too, that's why i'm saying I would be fully happy if it got done before holidays! But in reality after reading the forums, I wouldn't be surprised to wait until january to see the build. I guess our hopes now lie with the manufacturers releasing secret stock to battle big navi release and the holiday orders haha

Feel like a kid awaiting Christmas, Asus Rog strix 3080 is in building🥳🥳
Screenshot_20201105-115035_Chrome.jpg

NatPic

Yep me too. Ordered at 14.42

Lets keep our fingers crossed we get some good news soon.

I spoke with one of the live chat people yesterday and she said oiver the last 2 weeks they had in approx 130 cards.

Its moving along slowly.
That's more than the impression I got when I called yesterday...which is good news if its true! That hold music is still going round my head.....

if you just went for the standard 3080 (default option) you can get a variety of cards (gigabyte for example). You could request the more expensive version (Asus Strix) which is in a different queue so isnt related to the normal ones.

you had to order the card seperately and add it to your build i believe.

Agitharon

But you see, if you went with standard, meaning non Strix or Liquid, it would make no sense to receive it before me if the queue is indeed valid. Which is why I find this very strange.

As I also order the standard at 14:08, but there has been no status update. I did see a post last week from someone ordered 14:06 so though it was in order, but this twists things a lot.
My order was through debit too, so there was no financial delays etc. Weird.

But you see, if you went with standard, meaning non Strix or Liquid, it would make no sense to receive it before me if the queue is indeed valid. Which is why I find this very strange.

As I also order the standard at 14:08, but there has been no status update. I did see a post last week from someone ordered 14:06 so though it was in order, but this twists things a lot.
My order was through debit too, so there was no financial delays etc. Weird.
best giving them a call to make sure nothing is out of stock causing the hold up

Agitharon

Already talked to them a few days ago, nothing was holding it back. I did change the PSU, as it was out of stock as soon as I got the email about it but was confirmed that the 3080 was not in stock either. Me no get..

Ryddill

I had ordered with a standard 3080 and switched to the Strix 3080. After much thinking on what I was spending and could still spend, I decided to switch to the 3090. This morning, I contacted PCS to discuss what impact on queue times I would experience if I changed to standard or strix 3090. I was told the standard 3090 was in stock and changing to that could progress my order quicker.

I do not know how much stock is/was/still is available. But, my status has just changed to 'in building'.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
strix 3080 here as well.
edit >> And there is apparently about 200 order for rog strix

I have a Strix 3080 ordered from the 24th Sept, I was told the other day I could be waiting one to two months.
Mine has been in build since 13th oct but waiting on the strix 3080.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
That's not Amazon, that's a marketplace scalper which everyone is aware they 'could' buy from but shouldn't as it sets a precedence for pricing.

I've now officially cancelled by 3080 order after receiving my 3070 from Amazon (proper Amazon, not a scalper) today.
Good luck to anyone who still holds out for their builds.

Last edited by a moderator:

target680

Bronze Level Poster
Wondering wether i should drop the spec to a 3070 or not???

Anyone got info on wait times??

35 working days pre production. Should i just hold out for the 3080?