RTX 3080

Assassin

I don't really have anything to gain from this, because it's an opinion people will still have regardless. I'm making a reference to the fact that people had to push - but have got answers to (so obviously it is possible to a degree) - where they were in a queue. It's fine to say they're a different sort of business, but at the end of the day if one is spending upwards of 2 grand - 3 grand it's not at all a surprise that people would want a better idea of where they're at without having to spend hours on the phone.

Take care

edit: well, 'Spydertracks' seems to be oblivious to the number of complaints in this thread, as if people should not be expected to say anything when not been given an update for weeks :ROFLMAO:. It's not impatient to not want to be in the dark over your order.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I don't really have anything to gain from this, because it's an opinion people will still have regardless. I'm making a reference to the fact that people had to push - but have got answers to (so obviously it is possible to a degree) - where they were in a queue. It's fine to say they're a different sort of business, but at the end of the day if one is spending upwards of 2 grand - 3 grand it's not at all a surprise that people would want a better idea of where they're at without having to spend hours on the phone.

Take care
It's a very small subsection of people who are so impatient that they have to know. Most people are in total understanding and have accepted what PCS have repetitively advised.

tk13047

I was planning on ordering a new PC in january, spending enough to get decent, new, components but it really does sound like a BAD time to order.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Looks like they are not keeping the tracking of the build updated then so we can see what happening, it’s been their failing during this unprecedented year for covid and demand of the launch of 3080, if they only kept a page of updates like scan and overclockers it wouldn’t be so bad.

Sad to say but that’s where I go for a rough idea on the gpu situation, and lately there has been a splurge of cards being delivered to those two, so guessing PCS will be the same.

One person updating a page on a daily basis would have gone a long way
Other sites maybe be giving people updates on what they have but is that making any builds get out quicker? Not from what I'm reading on other site forums. Below is from the last two pages of the thread, which has 1450 pages so god knows how many more you would find.

One example is a chap who ordered on the 17th September with a 3080 and still hasnt got his
1 person ordered a Strix 3080 OC on release day and still hasnt got his.

I ordered my strix 3080 OC build on the 24th September from PCS and have had my PC for over a week now.

And we have seen on here people who ordered in October with 3080's have got their PC's or are at least in build.

PC's being built and dispatched to the customers or knowing what position I may be in a queue or how much stock they have, I know which one I prefer, its sitting on my desk.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Other sites maybe be giving people updates on what they have but is that making any builds get out quicker? Not from what I'm reading on other site forums. The below is from the last two pages of the thread, which has 1450 pages so god knows how many more you would find.

One example is a chap who ordered on the 17th September with a 3080 and still hasnt got his
1 person ordered a Strix 3080 on release day and still hasnt got his.

I ordered my strix 3080 OC build on the 24th September from PCS and have had my PC for over a week now.

And we have seen on here people who ordered in October with 3080's have got their PC's or are at least in build.

PC's being built and dispatched to the customers or knowing what position I may be in a queue or how much stock they have, I know which one I prefer, its sitting on my desk.
Very well said! (y)

The only sites that are showing quantities are component sales sites which are a completely different business to a systems integrator and they have entirely different stock systems.

They are selling individual components which aren't reliant on each other. It's a completely different kettle of fish.

Any of the system integrators showing stock levels, if you look at their forums, you'll see exactly the same kinds of threads as this, because JIT stock systems aren't designed to cope with the level of uncertainty that's hitting the markets at the moment. It's just not possible.

People saying that PCS should be giving more info is just a lack of understanding of JIT stock systems. You're asking PCS to give information they don't have, and no systems integrator has without spending multiple millions on a new stock system that still wouldn't be able to cope with the current worldwide problems.

Perhaps in the future, after this experience, the developers will update the stock systems, but that's not something PCS can do themselves, the developers have to integrate it, and that all costs money, and serious money at that. It's not something companies can just write in. It's just not something that exists presently.

Last edited:

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
I was planning on ordering a new PC in january, spending enough to get decent, new, components but it really does sound like a BAD time to order.
Probably better to wait out to Jan, hopefully the gpu and pc cases stock may be better by then.

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
Other sites maybe be giving people updates on what they have but is that making any builds get out quicker? Not from what I'm reading on other site forums. Below is from the last two pages of the thread, which has 1450 pages so god knows how many more you would find.

1 person ordered a Strix 3080 OC on release day and still hasnt got his.

Never said they were getting their builds quicker!!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Never said they were getting their builds quicker!!
Scan and overclockers are not system builders. They do have system builder sub companies, but they don't show stock levels and are having exactly the same issuesas you will see from their forums.

Gavras

Master Poster
Irrespective of who it is, I would put that down to pure good luck, as these are GLOBAL stock shortages.

I would also be tempted to call an element of bull on it as well, depending on actual order date

what you have carefully avoided is how long it was in order, on order from September and then build and ship in two days is slightly different to what you imply.

It’s the order and waiting for parts that impacts every single builder in the UK (and everywhere else).

build time once parts are in and build slot allocated are really not an issue (Or you are trolling...).

Kjaye

Hey all, been following this thread for a while. I ordered on the 5th November, AMD 5900X and an RTX 3080. I had an estimated build for November 27, then November 30 but nothing since, other than the email to suggest changing my power supply. I thought from that email it meant they were ready to build, but alas no.
I emailed them today to find out what the delay is, I'm guessing the 3080, and to ask if upgrading to a 3090 would quicken the process. I've got a fortnight off over Christmas and want my PC for that.

Illidanstormraging

Scan and overclockers are not system builders. They do have system builder sub companies, but they don't show stock levels and are having exactly the same issuesas you will see from their forums.
They ha
Hey all, been following this thread for a while. I ordered on the 5th November, AMD 5900X and an RTX 3080. I had an estimated build for November 27, then November 30 but nothing since, other than the email to suggest changing my power supply. I thought from that email it meant they were ready to build, but alas no.
I emailed them today to find out what the delay is, I'm guessing the 3080, and to ask if upgrading to a 3090 would quicken the process. I've got a fortnight off over Christmas and want my PC for that.
I'm waiting on an 5900x and 6800xt. I'm 90% sure neither of us will get it before Christmas. If you really needed it before Christmas I feel 5600x or 5800x and a 3060ti. Maybe a 3070 but 5900x and 3080 no way

NoverianSnowCone

Bronze Level Poster
Fingers crossed for you. I ordered my system on 30 Nov, after reading through these forums I'm expecting to receive it late Jan/Feb time (hopefully not). I've ordered from PCS years ago and they were brilliant from start to finish. I feel bad they're stuck between a rock and a hard place, I just had no idea the lead times were so long.

Kjaye

They ha

I'm waiting on an 5900x and 6800xt. I'm 90% sure neither of us will get it before Christmas. If you really needed it before Christmas I feel 5600x or 5800x and a 3060ti. Maybe a 3070 but 5900x and 3080 no way
Damn is there CPU shortage too? I was hoping it's just the graphics cards. I don't NEED it before Christmas but I really WANT it before Christmas, and my self discipline to wait is piss poor! I'm definitely not lowering the spec though. I'm happy to go up if it comes quicker but I don't want to buy a PC with components below what I really want. So if needed I'd go up to a 5950X and 3090 but not down.

I am thinking of cancelling altogether and grabbing one from Very. They are not as good specs for the money but at least they are getting some in stock...

Kjaye

Fingers crossed for you. I ordered my system on 30 Nov, after reading through these forums I'm expecting to receive it late Jan/Feb time (hopefully not). I've ordered from PCS years ago and they were brilliant from start to finish. I feel bad they're stuck between a rock and a hard place, I just had no idea the lead times were so long.
Yes, I have no doubt the service and build quality will be excellent. I don't blame them for the shortages, but I would appreciate some communication from them. Like if its not likely to come before Christmas let me know now so I can make the decision to wait or try somewhere else.

carrot_monkey

Bronze Level Poster
aye similar here. got the order out few days ago, with pre-order only on the CPU and GPU (3070) and I have made peace that I ll have to wait until hopefully end of January most probably February.

hey more like something to look forward to for valentine's!

amiwood18

Bronze Level Poster
I spoke to them on Monday and was 191st of 1401, so if they're at 1356 it suggests they've had 45 available for builds this week as well as another 45 for the business order (obviously this isn't fact I'm just guessing).

I'm at a point now where when it arrives it arrives, don't set yourself on any particular time/date there are too many variables involved. It will be worth the wait (y)
When did you order? Just to get an idea on a queue number

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
People saying that PCS should be giving more info is just a lack of understanding of JIT stock systems. You're asking PCS to give information they don't have, and no systems integrator has without spending multiple millions on a new stock system that still wouldn't be able to cope with the current worldwide problems.
I’ve never expected anymore information from PCS, I guess the only comment I can make is that they probably should have sent the long email regarding the 3080 earlier (but anyone who follows PC news would of known about the supply issues).

The thing that has annoyed me is the miscommunication, I’ve been told in all phone calls with PCS “Your order will be with you before Christmas” Which I’ve now found out is untrue, the first time I’ve been told my order is unlikely to be here before Christmas was yesterday when I was flat out told “You shouldn’t have been told this, it’s unlikely your order will be before Christmas” well when you are told this after being told so many times it’ll be before a certain day it can be very annoying. I appreciate that the stock issue isn’t there fault and they cannot do anything about it, but they can do something about the information being given out by their staff, surely they have sent some sort of crib sheet round to their staff confirming what they should and shouldn’t be saying? This way unnecessary disappointment/annoyance could be avoided.

Kjaye

I’ve never expected anymore information from PCS, I guess the only comment I can make is that they probably should have sent the long email regarding the 3080 earlier (but anyone who follows PC news would of known about the supply issues).

The thing that has annoyed me is the miscommunication, I’ve been told in all phone calls with PCS “Your order will be with you before Christmas” Which I’ve now found out is untrue, the first time I’ve been told my order is unlikely to be here before Christmas was yesterday when I was flat out told “You shouldn’t have been told this, it’s unlikely your order will be before Christmas” well when you are told this after being told so many times it’ll be before a certain day it can be very annoying. I appreciate that the stock issue isn’t there fault and they cannot do anything about it, but they can do something about the information being given out by their staff, surely they have sent some sort of crib sheet round to their staff confirming what they should and shouldn’t be saying? This way unnecessary disappointment/annoyance could be avoided.
I understand that they don't know when they are getting stock, and I get that the shortage isn't their fault.
However their communication is highly misleading. I initially had an email saying projected build date was 1st December, then a week later I was told 27th November, and then a week later they said November 30. They then sent me an email to tell me that my PSU was out of stock and recommended I change it to one in stock so as to not delay the build.

Given all the above emails it was reasonable to assume they were about to build my PC. Then I find out through coming on to the forums that all of those emails are just auto emails that don't mean anything and that my PC is nowhere near build date.

Had I been privy to that at the start of November when I placed the order I would have cancelled and looked elsewhere. I feel like they have just wasted a month of my time, thinking my PC build was imminent but actually that was not true.

Now even if I cancel I will likely not get my PC for Christmas which is super depressing as I have two weeks off work to play with it.

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
I understand that they don't know when they are getting stock, and I get that the shortage isn't their fault.
However their communication is highly misleading. I initially had an email saying projected build date was 1st December, then a week later I was told 27th November, and then a week later they said November 30. They then sent me an email to tell me that my PSU was out of stock and recommended I change it to one in stock so as to not delay the build.

Given all the above emails it was reasonable to assume they were about to build my PC. Then I find out through coming on to the forums that all of those emails are just auto emails that don't mean anything and that my PC is nowhere near build date.

Had I been privy to that at the start of November when I placed the order I would have cancelled and looked elsewhere. I feel like they have just wasted a month of my time, thinking my PC build was imminent but actually that was not true.

Now even if I cancel I will likely not get my PC for Christmas which is super depressing as I have two weeks off work to play with it.
You say that the communication is misleading, but the long email regarding 3080s came to me on the 13th November, so surely it was obvious it wasn’t going to be a quick turn around time? They also confirmed that the emails with updates were automatically system generated and therefore not accurate in regards to orders with 3080s in them.

In regards to the email regarding PSU they’ve recommended you change it as I believe there is a significant delay for 750W and 850W and a PCS staff member has confirmed the numbers and supply issue they are facing a lot earlier within this thread.

Surely if you’ve been following this thread as stated in your message above you would of known that people who had ordered in September were still awaiting their orders when you placed yours?

To be honest any custom built PC with a 3080 is going to be a long wait not matter where you get it from, so I doubt it would of made a difference unless you buy the 3080 separately from a parts website and fit it yourself. Alternatively you can buy an off the shelf build with a 3080 but all of them I have seen state preorder, so can’t see these being much quicker either, but that’s your decision to make.