RTX 3080

MadK17

Bronze Level Poster
i also switched on the 5th to the 3090 ,but from what i've seen it does not change ytour general place in the queue if you amend ur order.
If someone with everything in stock from October changed to the 3090 from 3080 today he would still go before me into build
Yeah that's also my understanding

OllHol

Hey guys, new to the forums and only been waiting 4 working days. Phoned PCS yesterday and after 2 hours on hold to sort out my “send in my own case” I got through and also asked about the 3080. I was told they can’t speak on the matter as it’s so up in the air right now. But he did say they’re expecting stock “to accommodate” by March or May. Not sure if he meant enough stock for all orders already placed or enough stock to keep them off preorders.

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
Hey guys, new to the forums and only been waiting 4 working days. Phoned PCS yesterday and after 2 hours on hold to sort out my “send in my own case” I got through and also asked about the 3080. I was told they can’t speak on the matter as it’s so up in the air right now. But he did say they’re expecting stock “to accommodate” by March or May. Not sure if he meant enough stock for all orders already placed or enough stock to keep them off preorders.
Yeah unfortunately ,no one knows when new stock of 3080s is gonna come ,its not only PCS but everywhere . There are people that ordered in october on their 70 + working day still waiting for either 3080 or AMD processor .
Before i switched from 3080 to 3090 on the 5th of January they told me to expect my order to be completed in about 2 to 3 months .
Some people like me that do not have the patience in them amended their orders to parts that are in stock and were given a quicker estimated build date .

OllHol

Yeah unfortunately ,no one knows when new stock of 3080s is gonna come ,its not only PCS but everywhere . There are people that ordered in october on their 70 + working day still waiting for either 3080 or AMD processor .
Before i switched from 3080 to 3090 on the 5th of January they told me to expect my order to be completed in about 2 to 3 months .
Some people like me that do not have the patience in them amended their orders to parts that are in stock and were given a quicker estimated build date .
Yeah I’m aware, damn scalpers! Saw that photo of the Bitcoin mine someone posted here a while back...

But yeah don’t have a spare £500 to throw at a 3090 so guess gotta be patient and join the back of this queue ahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
For anyone thinking of sourcing their own gpu, I removed the 3080 from mine on 26th December and it was built today. It's a 5900x cpu, which are also hard to come by, so it likely would have been sooner without that.

Grendel85

I am assuming everyone got the email this morning regarding the 3080? They have over 1560 of us waiting for the 3080 and only received 205 units since December they have also given us some options to speed up the process.

But it looks like March 2021 and beyond according to them

kozuki

Enthusiast
I am assuming everyone got the email this morning regarding the 3080? They have over 1560 of us waiting for the 3080 and only received 205 units since December they have also given us some options to speed up the process.

Haven't got anything like that. Maybe because i'm near the top of the queue?

Tamutol

Bronze Level Poster

Just hit 70 working days, I didn’t get this email. Is this all it said?

Grendel85

Just hit 70 working days, I didn’t get this email. Is this all it said?
Please note that due to the global supply issues our call centre is extremely busy at present and if you choose to call us the waiting times might be in excess of 1 hour.

As you will be aware, you placed your order with a product that was available on a pre-order basis (10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP).

The global supply situation from Nvidia is extremely tight, and Nvidia are only providing a small allocation to manufacturers each week. We currently have 1560 orders placed with us for computers featuring this product. Since December, we have only received 205 units and we are assembling all orders on a first come, first served basis.

We are doing everything we can to secure better supply, but the situation is not likely to improve anytime soon. Although Nvidia are not providing any official updates on supply, we are hearing rumours that supply might not free up until March 2021 or beyond.

There are a number of options available to you at this moment in time:

1. If you are happy to wait, we will supply your order in-line with your queue position as soon as we receive stock. You do not need to reply to this email or take any action.

2. You could amend your order to an alternative product of similar performance, however note that most competing products are also in very short supply.

3. You could amend your order to an entry level graphics card. This will allow us to complete your order and dispatch it to you. Then, at a later date once supply is more readily available you could purchase the product you originally ordered and sell on the entry level graphics card.

4. You could amend your order to have the order shipped without a graphics card. Then, at a later date once supply is more readily available you could purchase the product you originally ordered and fit this into the computer yourself.

5. You could cancel your order and receive a full refund. If you choose this option, please be mindful that you would lose your queue position.

Options 2 - 4 above can be done through your online account. You just need to login and select the option to amend your order.

We are very sorry about the supply situation right now, it is very frustrating for both you as our trusted customer and for us as a supplier. We feel that we are letting you down and it is not the customer experience that we normally provide.

Kind Regards

Tamutol

Bronze Level Poster
Please note that due to the global supply issues our call centre is extremely busy at present and if you choose to call us the waiting times might be in excess of 1 hour.

As you will be aware, you placed your order with a product that was available on a pre-order basis (10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP).

The global supply situation from Nvidia is extremely tight, and Nvidia are only providing a small allocation to manufacturers each week. We currently have 1560 orders placed with us for computers featuring this product. Since December, we have only received 205 units and we are assembling all orders on a first come, first served basis.

We are doing everything we can to secure better supply, but the situation is not likely to improve anytime soon. Although Nvidia are not providing any official updates on supply, we are hearing rumours that supply might not free up until March 2021 or beyond.

There are a number of options available to you at this moment in time:

1. If you are happy to wait, we will supply your order in-line with your queue position as soon as we receive stock. You do not need to reply to this email or take any action.

2. You could amend your order to an alternative product of similar performance, however note that most competing products are also in very short supply.

3. You could amend your order to an entry level graphics card. This will allow us to complete your order and dispatch it to you. Then, at a later date once supply is more readily available you could purchase the product you originally ordered and sell on the entry level graphics card.

4. You could amend your order to have the order shipped without a graphics card. Then, at a later date once supply is more readily available you could purchase the product you originally ordered and fit this into the computer yourself.

5. You could cancel your order and receive a full refund. If you choose this option, please be mindful that you would lose your queue position.

Options 2 - 4 above can be done through your online account. You just need to login and select the option to amend your order.

We are very sorry about the supply situation right now, it is very frustrating for both you as our trusted customer and for us as a supplier. We feel that we are letting you down and it is not the customer experience that we normally provide.

Kind Regards
Cheers, these Monthly update emails are pretty bleak. I’ll probably stick it out and hope as there was some mention of a delivery on the 24th but sod knows.